F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > IDrive service history question
proTUNING Freaks

02-26-2022, 09:49 AM   #1
Colmsport
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport

IDrive service history question

Hi All,

Wondering if I’m being fed BS from the dealer so thought I’d ask the educated on here….

Had an interim oil & filter change done today at the dealers. I don’t believe in the 20k miles / 2 year service interval as tend to keep my cars a long time.

Previously, the dealer has updated the iDrive to show the interim oil & filter change on the service history, but not reset the service indicator, so the car still calls for a service at the appropriate time. This is how it’s been done since the car was new.

Dealer now saying that it can’t be done without resetting the service indicator as BMW have changed things. As a result, the oil & filter change is not showing on iDrive.

I know it’s not the end of the world if this is the case, but if I had realised I’d have done the oil & filter change myself & saved a load of cash!

Anyone know if dealer is talking BS or not??

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2022, 10:27 AM   #2
Armaan
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 320i Sport Remapped

Generally hit and miss from my experience on here. Some have updated idrive, whilst other stealers consider it an interim change and therefore don't update.

My indy updates everything, but didn't reset the indicator as per your post, so due an oil and filter change this summer.

I change oil and filter every 12 months as I don't do the mileage, but would be 10k otherwise.

Armaan
Appreciate 0