F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Already taken private reg / making an offer
Extreme Powerhouse

03-13-2024, 06:23 PM   #1
fortythirtyfive
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 435i MS

Already taken private reg / making an offer

"F32 BMW"

Since late 2020 I have been searching the info on a private reg that I really want, the original seller listed it on here before later selling it on eBay. Sadly I missed out as I wasn't aware of it at the time.

Is there any way I can try find info on where it's at now? I checked the MOT history tied to the plate and it's been on the same 430D since it sold.

My 435 is pretty much a keeper and I want to move my own personal reg else where, so this would be a pretty special plate for the car if I could make an offer.

Has anybody been in a similar position before where they've struck luck and found the owner of a reg plate, then made an offer?
      03-14-2024, 03:33 PM   #2
C320
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 911 Turbo S, X5 40i, XC90 T5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortythirtyfive View Post
"F32 BMW"

Since late 2020 I have been searching the info on a private reg that I really want, the original seller listed it on here before later selling it on eBay. Sadly I missed out as I wasn't aware of it at the time.

Is there any way I can try find info on where it's at now? I checked the MOT history tied to the plate and it's been on the same 430D since it sold.

My 435 is pretty much a keeper and I want to move my own personal reg else where, so this would be a pretty special plate for the car if I could make an offer.

Has anybody been in a similar position before where they've struck luck and found the owner of a reg plate, then made an offer?
Due to GDPR there won’t be any legal way to get the address details for the current owner. You say that it was sold via eBay, I think the only luck you may have is if the eBay sale shows the user ID of the buyer (unless it was a private listing) you may be able to contact them directly? Not sure if they even show the full eBay ID for past purchases but that’s the only real thought I have.

Don’t lose all hope, I missed out on a current style 15 plate for my youngest daughters name when it was issued in late 2014. It was then listed on eBay for over a year or so in about 2020. Kept meaning to make an offer but it was priced outside of my comfort zone. It disappeared from eBay and then surfaced with a couple of dealers for over double the eBay listed price

Fast forward to January this year and it featured in an Auction from Brightwells, pleased to say I secured the plate for much less than the eBay price, so happy days and a happy daughter when she can drive in about 4 years!
Appreciate 1