F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N47 and N57 Turbodiesel Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Wanting to Know What to Expect w/Tune + Delete
Studio RSR

12-24-2020, 08:57 PM   #89
toneavii
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbocy View Post
I just got the stage 2 from DUDMD and its made my 328d wagon much more enjoyable. He even gave me the stage 2 for the stage 1 price!

He said to just wait until something goes wrong with the EGR, SCR, and DPF system, then delete them.
How has everything been going since the tune? contacted them last week.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2020, 09:03 PM   #90
toneavii
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksnap View Post
Food for thought on messing with anything in the emissions system.

A word of caution in states where they plug into OBD for emissions. My state will now be specifically looking for EGR coding. If it is not there, or if any hardware is missing, it's an automatic impoundment, a call to the state, and an up to $250,000 fine.
Democrats. Seems about right
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2022, 09:34 PM   #91
Cucinottaf31n47
Registered
Rep
Drives: 328d f31

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcftw View Post
Okay, after plenty of research and debating and pros and cons, I am fairly certain I am going the tune route + EGR, SCR, and DPF deletes to wipe all current and future SCR related issues off the face of the map. (P.S.A. have scheduled to talk to a trained professional tomorrow to ensure I'm thinking of the right deletes for what I'm trying to accomplish since I'm still new at all of this and feel like I have no idea what I am doing! LOL!) Not 100% sure of Stage 1 or 2 yet but I've found Andrew in GA and I'm super excited to talk to him.

That being said, I've done a good bit of digging through the forums but now I want to ask directly..

- Who here has F30s with deletes similar to what I'm thinking about?

- How do you like it?

- Who did you buy the tune from?

- Did you do the work yourself?

- If so, how intensive was it?

I want to hear stories!

had a full delete and tune by Kassel about a month ago/2k miles. Pretty happy with it so far. Fuel consumption is up on the lower end driving around town, up a good bit actually. City only (Philly) less than 30mpg, but highway only, about 45mpg @80 with some drafting in traffic. It'll do about 40 or so with no traffic/no drafting. General feel driving about is that low end throttle was more sensitive. Highway responsiveness is better. Cruising at 80 you just give it a bit of throttle and you doing 100-110 with the only difference being windnoise in the cabin. The tune has definitely made it more sporty. No issues so far. Engine sounds better. There was previously a bit of a rattle between 1500-2500 rpm when giving it a good bit of throttle. Since the work was performed, that rattle has disappeared and the engine sounds much healthier. In addition, you get more turbo sound and better exhaust note. I understand this was just optimization tuning for the deletes. I look forward to going back to Kassel for more work. They have a good team with staff that are knowledgeable and enthusiastic to speak with their potential customers about projects.

-diesel emissions testing is exempt in my state.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2022, 04:37 PM   #92
n00bkiller944
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '14 328d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cucinottaf31n47 View Post
had a full delete and tune by Kassel about a month ago/2k miles. Pretty happy with it so far. Fuel consumption is up on the lower end driving around town, up a good bit actually. City only (Philly) less than 30mpg, but highway only, about 45mpg @80 with some drafting in traffic. It'll do about 40 or so with no traffic/no drafting. General feel driving about is that low end throttle was more sensitive. Highway responsiveness is better. Cruising at 80 you just give it a bit of throttle and you doing 100-110 with the only difference being windnoise in the cabin. The tune has definitely made it more sporty. No issues so far. Engine sounds better. There was previously a bit of a rattle between 1500-2500 rpm when giving it a good bit of throttle. Since the work was performed, that rattle has disappeared and the engine sounds much healthier. In addition, you get more turbo sound and better exhaust note. I understand this was just optimization tuning for the deletes. I look forward to going back to Kassel for more work. They have a good team with staff that are knowledgeable and enthusiastic to speak with their potential customers about projects.

-diesel emissions testing is exempt in my state.
I am going to shoot you a PM! Glad you are enjoying it

Edit: it wont let me shoot you a PM. Message me if you can. I have a quick question on how Kessel attached the muffler back to the midpipe! Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2024, 10:37 PM   #93
rraynarayy
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d bmw

Okay I’m looking at completely deleting my 2014 328d. So my question to everyone is what do I do after deleting it? Obviously it has to be tuned, but by a professional tuner or can I do it myself?

Any advice about anything with my new car would be greatly appreciated!
Also I don’t know how to make a post, so I guess this is a reply?😂
Appreciate 0