F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > ConnectedDrive Upgrades - Canada
proTUNING Freaks

08-23-2018, 12:32 AM   #89
McQueen2014
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i xDrive M Sport

Garage List
Just an update, my ARTTI and other options are working on the car again... However, it appears I need to log into my car each day as when I got into my car this afternoon I was once again without traffic data until I logged back into the iDrive with my account credentials.

Now there is an option to auto login and save your credentials but for some reason my car gives an error that auto save was not permitted on my car. it's not a major issue but damn had I known I would have to enter it via iDrive I would have set a much simpler password.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2018, 10:55 AM   #90
canuckbmw
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5 50, 2018 X3 30

connected drive problem

went to the link and registered a new account, got to the point where it asks me to confirm all my details and then all I get is "error page cannot be displayed due to an internal error". Looks like others have got this. Does it eventually work?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-23-2018, 09:55 PM   #91
Tim@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2022 X4 M Competition F98 LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen2014 View Post
Just an update, my ARTTI and other options are working on the car again... However, it appears I need to log into my car each day as when I got into my car this afternoon I was once again without traffic data until I logged back into the iDrive with my account credentials.

Now there is an option to auto login and save your credentials but for some reason my car gives an error that auto save was not permitted on my car. it's not a major issue but damn had I known I would have to enter it via iDrive I would have set a much simpler password.
I got my services back too in the X3, though never tried logging in though.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2018, 04:02 AM   #92
alexhasin
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 550i

My car can’t receive confirmation codes, I think my car can’t receive anything from server because the old remote app always said failed to send to vehicle.

I think somehow my car can’t receive data from connected drive server.

I can’t enen use the old app since the day I got my car.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2018, 07:27 AM   #93
GC4UrMom
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i GC

Since the update to the new backend my remote app's function doesn't work at all. This morning I was trying to see if anything change but now it always said my vehicle is moving which is not. Hence I can't issue any remote since it doesn't allow me to.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-24-2018, 09:12 AM   #94
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 440GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by faston View Post
Canadian33, back in March or April you announced a new portal in the thread 'Connected Drive Renewal'. I registered on that page https://www.bmw.ca/myconnecteddrive

I tried going to this new page https://www.bmw-connecteddrive.ca/ and enter the credentials I used to register there and it did not recognize my account. Are you saying that we need to register another new account? If so, can I use the email address that I used for that one since it's my main email account and I prefer to have the car registered under that email?

ps: My old registration for the Remote App that they made when I bought the car didn't work either.
Yes, you will need to register again at www.bmw-connecteddrive.ca. You can use any email you want as long as it is not already being used by someone else. One of the benefits of the new back end is you can map multiple vehicles to one username, versus the old system that requires a unique user for each vehicles.

Once you create a new account and successfully add your vehicle, you will need to log out and back in of the remote app.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2018, 10:43 AM   #95
rogermach5
Roger
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 428i X-Drive Cabriolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexhasin View Post
My car can’t receive confirmation codes, I think my car can’t receive anything from server because the old remote app always said failed to send to vehicle.

Have you tried logging in with your credentials in your iDrive?

In my car, I need to go to the BMW Online option under ConnectedDrive and then hit the option button at the iDrive console, that’s where your login feature will be located. Need to type in your email address and password (same ones for the website).
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2018, 12:48 PM   #96
alexhasin
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermach5 View Post
Have you tried logging in with your credentials in your iDrive?

In my car, I need to go to the BMW Online option under ConnectedDrive and then hit the option button at the iDrive console, that’s where your login feature will be located. Need to type in your email address and password (same ones for the website).
Yes, I tried. Still no messages after login.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2018, 01:08 PM   #97
TSXforme
Stock watcher
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 340i xDrive

Garage List
2017 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:

I'm facing the same problem as well. My car has not received any thing from the connected drive server.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2018, 01:21 PM   #98
larrylam646
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian33 View Post
Hello Everyone,

For anyone who mapped their vehicle to https://www.bmw-connecteddrive.ca and lost their ConnectedDrive Professional services.

There is a bug fix going into production that should restore services to all affected vehicles this Friday.

This issue only impacted customers who had done a renewal or upgrade of ConnectedDrive via the previous store
Thank you canadian33 for sorting out this issue for me. You and your team were extremely efficient and restored my Professional Services within an hour.

All the Best,

Larry
      08-24-2018, 01:25 PM   #99
alexhasin
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSXforme View Post
I'm facing the same problem as well. My car has not received any thing from the connected drive server.
Can you use the old remote app? Mine always said failing to send to vehicle for old remote app.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2018, 01:30 PM   #100
TSXforme
Stock watcher
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 340i xDrive

Garage List
2017 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Can you use the old remote app? Mine always said failing to send to vehicle for old remote app.
I just recently bought my car so I don't think I ever used the old remote app.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2018, 10:37 AM   #101
stvding
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: G20 M340ix

I have a 2016 435i and i am using the new app i US store. No unlock feature?! The old app had it but had to call bmw to unlock. The new app took it away entirely?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2018, 08:45 PM   #102
rogermach5
Roger
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 428i X-Drive Cabriolet

Cool feature

I just thought of sharing a cool feature of the new App (available at the US Apple Store) that I noticed today.

I was surprised to get a notification on my phone, a few minutes (perhaps 10min or so) after driving and parking my car. I have driven using navigation and my phone was also connected to the car.

Name:  image1.jpeg
Views: 473
Size:  85.5 KB

When I opened the notification, it provides you with a summary of the drive including the map, average speed, fuel consumption etc.

Name:  image3.jpeg
Views: 449
Size:  325.8 KB

It is not exactly a replacement of the ECO PRO Analyzer, but I found it to be very interesting as well. You can still figure what was you fuel consumption as it summarizes how many litres were used and how many kilometres you drove.

It looks pretty cool in my opinion.

Last edited by rogermach5; 08-26-2018 at 10:48 PM.. Reason: wrong screen capture
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2018, 01:46 PM   #103
Cub3F82
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4

is the Canadian release still scheduled for oct 1st?
not sure if should go through all the "trouble" and download the US version - i'm being lazy
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2018, 03:50 PM   #104
cubiza
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 335is, G05 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian33 View Post
Yes, you will need to register again at www.bmw-connecteddrive.ca. You can use any email you want as long as it is not already being used by someone else. One of the benefits of the new back end is you can map multiple vehicles to one username, versus the old system that requires a unique user for each vehicles.

Once you create a new account and successfully add your vehicle, you will need to log out and back in of the remote app.
After completing the registration through the new portal and updating/reconnecting ConnectedDrive with the "new" user ID in the car, how long does it take for the backend system to synchronize with the car?

I have followed the steps you have described and everything worked so far. However, I have lost ARTTI and BMW Online services.

Last edited by cubiza; 08-29-2018 at 09:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2018, 04:05 AM   #105
chatoyer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubiza View Post
After competing the registration through the new portal and updating/reconnecting ConnectedDrive with the "new" user ID in the car, how long does it take for the backend system to synchronize with the car?

I have followed the steps you have described and everything worked so far. However, I have lost ARTTI and BMW Online services.
You are not alone. I’m in exactly the same position. They’ve acknowledged it, so are aware. I bet the fix will come soon.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2018, 05:19 AM   #106
Wai328
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: F31/F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubiza View Post
After competing the registration through the new portal and updating/reconnecting ConnectedDrive with the "new" user ID in the car, how long does it take for the backend system to synchronize with the car?

Experiencing the same issue as well.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2018, 09:15 AM   #107
cinergi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i xDrive Modern Line

It seems some members are losing RTTI service after switching to the new back end; is this a widespread problem? I currently have RTTI on the old back end and don't want to lose it as it's the most valuable feature for me!

-cinergi
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2018, 01:59 PM   #108
Jayphotoworks
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 Xdrive

I recently picked up a '18 550. I tried to add my VIN on the new connecteddrive site and it appears to add the VIN properly. I then get to the point where it sends me a verification code to confirm, but I never get that message/code in the car. I've done this twice already.

Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2018, 06:01 PM   #109
TheUltimateDrivingManiac
Freude am Fahren.
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 xDrive35i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinergi View Post
It seems some members are losing RTTI service after switching to the new back end; is this a widespread problem? I currently have RTTI on the old back end and don't want to lose it as it's the most valuable feature for me!

-cinergi
A have RTTI on a new platform - no issues.
      08-29-2018, 07:11 PM   #110
f30 SportLine
Registered
Rep
Drives: 320i

What is RTTI ?
Appreciate 0