F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > Connected Drive scam(very poor customer service)
ARMA SPEED

11-05-2018, 03:26 PM   #1
stvding
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: G20 M340ix

Connected Drive scam(very poor customer service)

My car is MY2016 bought new, picked up on Sep 26th 2015. After 3 years, this Sep 26th 2018, my connected drive expired. So I could not see concierge, BMW Online, etc in Connected Drive menu of iDrive. Normal.

On Oct 8th, I paid for 1 yr subscription 339 after tax, reboot idrive, menus came back. Everything worked, again.

Then on Oct 25th, it stopped working. But I still have these menus. No internet connection. under data transfer, I can see weather data download, etc, all stuck there b/c no connection. I can't even make SOS call using the SOS button. I think they pulled my 4G connection.

I deleted my car form my connected drive portal, then tried to add it again. I can't. It requires 6 digits verification code server sends to my car to complete the process. But my car's internet connection died. I can't get anything, can't get the code.

Then on Oct 30th I got an email from connected drive told me there is billing system delay, and will be processed soon. Indeed, $339 charge disappeared on my bank website.

Then on Nov 1st, I got an email invoice from BMW Canada. My credit card shows me the charge again.

But, I still have no connection.

I emailed bmw-connecteddrive@bmw.ca multiple times. First they ask me my VIN, I gave to them. Then no response. I email again, ask me VIN again. I gave them again. Then nothing. I even reply to canadian33 on this forum a few times. Nothing!

I called BMW Assist, BMW Canada, they just don't know sh1t. kept telling me to email bmw-connecteddrive@bmw.ca.

I did, ok?!! multiple times!!

This is ridiculous! I paid them 339 dollars but I don't get service and nobody seem to know anything or pretend to. What a scam! I want my money back if they can't resolve my problem!

Last edited by stvding; 11-05-2018 at 03:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2018, 04:10 PM   #2
DrifterX
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M Sport 6MT+RWD

Garage List
My renewal is coming in Feb and was thinking if it was worth spending the $650 for another 3 years of ConnectedDrive; this is quite discouraging though... I hope your issue is resolved soon!
      11-05-2018, 04:16 PM   #3
stvding
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrifterX View Post
My renewal is coming in Feb and was thinking if it was worth spending the $650 for another 3 years of ConnectedDrive; this is quite discouraging though... I hope your issue is resolved soon!
So frustrating. Hope the post gets some attentions and bmw canada can actually give me the service i paid for
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2018, 08:32 PM   #4
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS3

When I was seriously pissed at BMW over something similar (the failure to note on their website the majority of advertised features don't work with Android) I actually first went to my dealership principal who engaged BMW Canada on my behalf. I got somewhere, but not far enough. I then emailed Hans Blesse (BMW Canada CEO) directly and things moved pretty quickly to resolving my concerns satisfactorily.

I won't publish his email on here, but if you're at all good with the Google Machine (or Bing Machine if you prefer) you should be able to figure it out quick enough.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2018, 09:06 PM   #5
stvding
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck View Post
When I was seriously pissed at BMW over something similar (the failure to note on their website the majority of advertised features don't work with Android) I actually first went to my dealership principal who engaged BMW Canada on my behalf. I got somewhere, but not far enough. I then emailed Hans Blesse (BMW Canada CEO) directly and things moved pretty quickly to resolving my concerns satisfactorily.

I won't publish his email on here, but if you're at all good with the Google Machine (or Bing Machine if you prefer) you should be able to figure it out quick enough.
Sent. Thank you for pointing the way. BMW Canada will need to up their game. These lame ass service is really a shame
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 01:39 PM   #6
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 440GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by stvding View Post
My car is MY2016 bought new, picked up on Sep 26th 2015. After 3 years, this Sep 26th 2018, my connected drive expired. So I could not see concierge, BMW Online, etc in Connected Drive menu of iDrive. Normal.

On Oct 8th, I paid for 1 yr subscription 339 after tax, reboot idrive, menus came back. Everything worked, again.

Then on Oct 25th, it stopped working. But I still have these menus. No internet connection. under data transfer, I can see weather data download, etc, all stuck there b/c no connection. I can't even make SOS call using the SOS button. I think they pulled my 4G connection.

I deleted my car form my connected drive portal, then tried to add it again. I can't. It requires 6 digits verification code server sends to my car to complete the process. But my car's internet connection died. I can't get anything, can't get the code.

Then on Oct 30th I got an email from connected drive told me there is billing system delay, and will be processed soon. Indeed, $339 charge disappeared on my bank website.

Then on Nov 1st, I got an email invoice from BMW Canada. My credit card shows me the charge again.

I emailed bmw-connecteddrive@bmw.ca multiple times. First they ask me my VIN, I gave to them. Then no response. I email again, ask me VIN again. I gave them again. Then nothing. I even reply to canadian33 on this forum a few times. Nothing!

I called BMW Assist, BMW Canada, they just don't know sh1t. kept telling me to email bmw-connecteddrive@bmw.ca.

This is ridiculous! I paid them 339 dollars but I don't get service and nobody seem to know anything or pretend to. What a scam! I want my money back if they can't resolve my problem!

I checked in our system and it shows that you purchased a renewal of services as of today.

If you update BMW Assist in the vehicle, your services should be active.

Please let me know and feel free to PM me if you have further issues.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 01:41 PM   #7
stvding
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian33 View Post
Quote:

I checked in our system and it shows that you purchased a renewal of services as of today.

If you update BMW Assist in the vehicle, your services should be active.

Please let me know and feel free to PM me if you have further issues.
Thank you for replying. I tried to use "update bmw assist" under connected drive menu->option. It just stuck there.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 01:53 PM   #8
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thank you for replying. I tried to use "update bmw assist" under connected drive menu->option. It just stuck there.
Ok, another member on the forum said he had the same issue where the "Update BMW Assist" button was grayed out.

I am also having issues getting into some of our support tools to pull up vehicle information, which leads me to believe there may be an issue in the back end.

I will investigate further.

I appreciate your frustration and I am looking into why there was a lack of support or response from the bmw-connecteddrive@bmw.ca inbox.

I will also say that I do my best to support the Canadian members on the forums to give them direct contact with BMW Canada and to share some insights and context on ConnectedDrive in Canada.

Although most members on here have been appreciative, there have also been a few who complain about timing or lack of functionality or features.

Again, I hope everyone sees the progression we are making with ConnectedDrive in Canada, and appreciate everyone's patience.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 02:14 PM   #9
stvding
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Ok, another member on the forum said he had the same issue where the "Update BMW Assist" button was grayed out.

I am also having issues getting into some of our support tools to pull up vehicle information, which leads me to believe there may be an issue in the back end.

I will investigate further.

I appreciate your frustration and I am looking into why there was a lack of support or response from the bmw-connecteddrive@bmw.ca inbox.

I will also say that I do my best to support the Canadian members on the forums to give them direct contact with BMW Canada and to share some insights and context on ConnectedDrive in Canada.

Although most members on here have been appreciative, there have also been a few who complain about timing or lack of functionality or features.

Again, I hope everyone sees the progression we are making with ConnectedDrive in Canada, and appreciate everyone's patience.
I am a software developer myself working in big tech company. I think your system may terminate my 4G connection due to the billing delay. Then you may restore my access but the 4G connection is still down. That may be the reason why data transfers are all stuck at 0%.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 02:34 PM   #10
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I am a software developer myself working in big tech company. I think your system may terminate my 4G connection due to the billing delay. Then you may restore my access but the 4G connection is still down. That may be the reason why data transfers are all stuck at 0%.
Your vehicle would have had E-Call, Teleservice for up to 10 years which means the connection to the vehicle would have been active even if you ConnectedDrive Professional services had expired.

We have created a ticket for AG to investigate the outage. One thing you can try is to reset the head unit by pressing the volume button in for 30 seconds. The idrive display will reboot and this may free up the "Update BMW Assist" option. The other thing you can try is to hit the SOS button and see if it reaches the call center. Establishing the connection can also fix the issue.

None the less we are looking into the back end.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 02:38 PM   #11
stvding
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Your vehicle would have had E-Call, Teleservice for up to 10 years which means the connection to the vehicle would have been active even if you ConnectedDrive Professional services had expired.

We have created a ticket for AG to investigate the outage. One thing you can try is to reset the head unit by pressing the volume button in for 30 seconds. The idrive display will reboot and this may free up the "Update BMW Assist" option. The other thing you can try is to hit the SOS button and see if it reaches the call center. Establishing the connection can also fix the issue.

None the less we are looking into the back end.
I did reboot the idrive multiple time. No luck. I can't make sos call
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 02:49 PM   #12
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Ok, thanks for trying and reporting back.

We will investigate further and let you know
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 02:57 PM   #13
stvding
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Ok, thanks for trying and reporting back.

We will investigate further and let you know
Thanks. At least I know someone is working on this now. Hope to get my service back soon.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 07:51 PM   #14
TheUltimateDrivingManiac
Freude am Fahren.
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 xDrive35i

Garage List
Looks like hardware issue to me.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2018, 10:41 AM   #15
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep

We identified an issue in the back end with the MSISDN when the renewal was processed. We have corrected this, please confirm if services are now active in the vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2018, 10:44 AM   #16
stvding
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
We identified an issue in the back end with the MSISDN when the renewal was processed. We have corrected this, please confirm if services are now active in the vehicle.
I will check it once I can get to my car. So it is a sim card problem?
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2018, 12:40 PM   #17
stvding
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Still the same
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 07:53 AM   #18
stvding
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I start to suspect there may be hardware issue in my car. Can I take it to your hq or dealership to get inspected??
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 09:30 AM   #19
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I start to suspect there may be hardware issue in my car. Can I take it to your hq or dealership to get inspected??
One question, in the pictures you sent it looks like the vehicle is indoors which may impact the ability to receive and transfer.

Can you make sure the vehicle is outside and also attempt to make a e-call via the SOS button and confirm if a connection is made.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 09:31 AM   #20
stvding
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
One question, in the pictures you sent it looks like the vehicle is indoors which may impact the ability to receive and transfer.

Can you make sure the vehicle is outside and also attempt to make a e-call via the SOS button and confirm if a connection is made.
I took my car out last night. Still same result.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2018, 09:16 PM   #21
stvding
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Still not woking. Maybe in-car sim card or communication module need to be re-activated again????? Booked an appointment with dealer. Can only book as soon as Nov 20th...
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 02:10 PM   #22
stvding
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I am not sure how or why, but in short, it suddenly works today.

In long. I park my car in my condo's underground parking for 2 days. Today when I get to my cars trying to open trunk lid. It doesn't work with key in the pocket. Proximities sensor seems off. I have to press button on my key to open it. Then when i get into the car and start. It shows me battery discharge when park???!!!!! I always have headlight in auto mode. Why is battery discharged? I have park a lot longer before no problem. But anyway. I check connected drive. It suddenly has 4G connection now. Maybe a complete reboot kicked start the communications module?
Appreciate 0