F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > Gym Talk! daily talks gym related
European Auto Source (EAS)

Yesterday, 11:50 AM   #1981
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

I've not (yet) developed that Imaginary Lat Syndrome but I do notice that shoulder rotation exercises and now walking around I am at least brushing some extra stuff now. It's all your fault Rmtt for telling me about those straps. Last night I did my sets @ 12 with an extra plate above what I ever tried without them
Appreciate 2
Rmtt2695.50
JP10550.50

Yesterday, 12:45 PM   #1982
Rmtt
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I've not (yet) developed that Imaginary Lat Syndrome but I do notice that shoulder rotation exercises and now walking around I am at least brushing some extra stuff now. It's all your fault Rmtt for telling me about those straps. Last night I did my sets @ 12 with an extra plate above what I ever tried without them
LOL.....Your back is infinitely more stronger than your grip...and I have done plenty of grip work.

But I'm not ashamed to admit I break the straps out for any Dead-lifts or Rack-Pulls that are 4 plates or higher. Or when doing weighted pull-ups.

With the straps, I can focus on pulling "through" my elbows if that makes any sense.
2011 128i: M-Sport , 3:73 Diff, 3SI Intake, AA Headers, MILVS, MagnaFlow Catback, AFE Scoops, Turner Silicone Hose, StageFP Tune, APEX ARC8, 1M Mirrors, LCI Blacklines

2008 Z51 C6 LS3 w/ LG SuperPros, Ported Fast 102 Intake, RPM Level 2 Transmission, "Small Cam" Vararam SnakeCharmer CAI - 461whp / 467wtq
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 12:51 PM   #1983
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
LOL.....Your back is infinitely more stronger than your grip...and I have done plenty of grip work.

But I'm not ashamed to admit I break the straps out for any Dead-lifts or Rack-Pulls that are 4 plates or higher. Or when doing weighted pull-ups.

With the straps, I can focus on pulling "through" my elbows if that makes any sense.
Last night I amused myself because I was able to lift my pinkies like I was having a nice drink

Is it strange when the guy on the rack next to you just starts giggling in the middle of a set :
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 01:50 PM   #1984
JP10
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Legs this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Odd I always somewhat dread legs, even though I hit them twice a week, but once I get in there and start lifting them I have an absolute blast. lol
Appreciate 1
Rmtt2695.50

Yesterday, 04:28 PM   #1985
Rmtt
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Legs this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Odd I always somewhat dread legs, even though I hit them twice a week, but once I get in there and start lifting them I have an absolute blast. lol
Same here...but I've always been a glutton for punishment.

I remember years ago thinking that if I wasn't nauseated after a leg workout....I wasn't going hard enough.

Times have changed though.....and I now realize there's much more to it than that.
2011 128i: M-Sport , 3:73 Diff, 3SI Intake, AA Headers, MILVS, MagnaFlow Catback, AFE Scoops, Turner Silicone Hose, StageFP Tune, APEX ARC8, 1M Mirrors, LCI Blacklines

2008 Z51 C6 LS3 w/ LG SuperPros, Ported Fast 102 Intake, RPM Level 2 Transmission, "Small Cam" Vararam SnakeCharmer CAI - 461whp / 467wtq
Appreciate 0
      Today, 07:07 AM   #1986
JP10
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Same here...but I've always been a glutton for punishment.

I remember years ago thinking that if I wasn't nauseated after a leg workout....I wasn't going hard enough.

Times have changed though.....and I now realize there's much more to it than that.
Haha, i feel that. If my legs don't feel like jello I don't think I hit them hard enough. If that is the case I'll usually just hit the stairs until I can barely walk!

Back and triceps this morning. Finished up with a couple mile run. Abs felt very tight throughout, little uncomfortable. Think it was because I was helping some guys on the floor stock some weld strip yesterday. 100lbs a roll and I must've moved 50+ of them lol.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:24 AM   #1987
tony55343
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 335i coupe 6mt

Made it to the gym last night, arms/chest/back and some cardio . added a little weight on each lift felt good . If I can stay strong through the weekend and not have any cheats when it comes to food I think I can break below 240 on my Weds morning weigh in. Weekdays are easy to stay on track between my commute, and work hours. The weekend is the tougher part with all the free time , I'm gonna push through though as the results are worth pushing through!
Appreciate 0
      Today, 01:34 PM   #1988
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Last night I just felt SOOO GOOD at the end of my workout, sitting in the cajuzzi. Not the warm water, the muscle pump/endorphins flooding the brain. I've done something every day for a week straight, and have first soccer of the season tonight!!!
Appreciate 1