F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > 2017 328d Fuel System Replacement
GetBMWParts

09-18-2019, 08:15 PM   #45
cipolz
Rep
Drives: 2002 530i 5 speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cipolz View Post
Finally talked to my service advisor. He’s pretty sure it’s the same issue, but said they couldn’t confirm the diagnosis until Tuesday though since they needed to run further testing. If correct this would be only the second time that they’ve seen a repeat failure... and that I would have a strong case with Bmw for a lemon claim considering how long these repairs take. We’ll see, what’s certain is that I’ll be driving a loaner for a while.
Got email today confirming that BMW NA will repurchase my vehicle.
The devil's in the details though, we'll see what kind of offer they come back with...
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 10:12 AM   #46
GingerPilotGuy
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 328d xDrive

Garage List
2017 BMW 328d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipolz View Post
Got email today confirming that BMW NA will repurchase my vehicle.
The devil's in the details though, we'll see what kind of offer they come back with...
Any update with your offer or what ended up happening with you car?

I haven't been on this thread for a while and didn't see the amount of activity on here in the last year and a bit. I'm happy to hear that BMW has been dealing with these HPFP issues out of warranty. It was one of my biggest fears seeing as I am now driving outside of warranty coverage. Here's hoping the transfer case holds it's own down the line....

On another note, can anyone recommend any specific additives for gas up here in Canada? I try to use Shell V-Power Diesel whenever I can since they claim to have better lubricants in their fuel. Car seems to run smoother while operating on their fuel as well...
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2020, 02:11 AM   #47
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

Mine went on me this last week. Left me stranded waiting for tow truck. Fuel pump went and apparently metal pieces spewed into entire fuel system requiring lots of parts to be replaced under warranty as car just has 40,000 miles on it. Serviced properly and regular. Car has been very well maintained and taken care of. This fuel pump problem got me worried and not I just want to hand back keys when lease is over. Next time who knows what goes. Catalytic converter or some other emissions issue pops up and this will be quite costly.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2021, 02:54 PM   #48
GingerPilotGuy
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW 328d  [0.00]
Unhappy

I hate the fact that I need to revive this thread... again. However, just last night, I was stranded on the side of the road again.

105,000 kms and outside my original warranty. Was confirmed this afternoon that I suffered another HPFP failure. Quoted me 17k CAD at the dealer to have the fuel system replaced (for a second time).

I have escalated the issue to BMW Canada and have been assigned a case manager. Waiting to hear on their decision in the next couple days. Here's hoping I don't have a big fight ahead of me.

All I know is that I will not be spending 17k to fix my car at the dealership......

Can anyone impart some wisdom on how to deal with the corporate case managers? Did anyone have to convince them to make a decision in your favor?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2021, 09:18 PM   #49
s0ldats
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 stripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerPilotGuy View Post
I hate the fact that I need to revive this thread... again. However, just last night, I was stranded on the side of the road again.

105,000 kms and outside my original warranty. Was confirmed this afternoon that I suffered another HPFP failure. Quoted me 17k CAD at the dealer to have the fuel system replaced (for a second time).

I have escalated the issue to BMW Canada and have been assigned a case manager. Waiting to hear on their decision in the next couple days. Here's hoping I don't have a big fight ahead of me.

All I know is that I will not be spending 17k to fix my car at the dealership......

Can anyone impart some wisdom on how to deal with the corporate case managers? Did anyone have to convince them to make a decision in your favor?

that's absolutely ridiculous! there really shouldn't need to be any sort of 'convincing' especially if this is the 2nd time the car has failed you for the same issue.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2021, 12:18 PM   #50
semaj4712
Registered
Rep
Drives: '18 328D M-SportWagon - '04 M3

Hey guys, new here and just made an account to reply to this thread.

My 2018 328d SportWagon just did this, exactly as OP had mentioned, was driving just fine, can started to sputter and then gave the message "vehicle may not accelerate" and then died and would not start. Also interesting to note, no error codes what-so-ever.

Towed to the dealer and was just informed it most likely is the fuel pump but I will know more on Monday. Car has just over 20k on it, and I have only owned it for 4 months.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2021, 02:34 PM   #51
GingerPilotGuy
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW 328d  [0.00]
To follow up, I just received campaign literature for a new Safety Recall stating an issue with HPFPs.

I will attach for review.

I opened a complaint/case with BMW Canada, and eventually they agreed to charge my only 3k plus tax to replace my entire fuel system out of warranty. I will be going back after them for the money now that I received this letter.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf BMW HPFP Recall edit.pdf (1.16 MB, 175 views)
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2021, 03:49 AM   #52
CleanKM
SQUEAKY
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d

Quote:
To follow up, I just received campaign literature for a new Safety Recall stating an issue with HPFPs.

I will attach for review.

I opened a complaint/case with BMW Canada, and eventually they agreed to charge my only 3k plus tax to replace my entire fuel system out of warranty. I will be going back after them for the money now that I received this letter.
Any chance you could upload a picture of the document?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2021, 07:06 PM   #53
GingerPilotGuy
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW 328d  [0.00]
CleanKM I posted it as an attachment on my post just previous to yours. It's a PDF file you can open
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 11:55 PM   #54
CleanKM
SQUEAKY
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d

Quote:
CleanKM I posted it as an attachment on my post just previous to yours. It's a PDF file you can open
Many thanks, I see it now. It doesn't show up in the mobile app.
Appreciate 0