F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Full 2014 BMW 4 Series US Pricing and Order Guide
Studio RSR

07-04-2013, 02:32 PM   #177
fireball13
Rep
Drives: 2005 M3

Speaking of invoice pricing, have the official invoice numbers been released yet?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #178
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Added Full Order guide to first post.
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2013, 07:15 PM   #179
Powaup
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Supra 3.0 (Past: 2015 M23

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Added Full Order guide to first post.
Do we have any info on when the car will go into production and be in US showrooms available for test drive?
      07-13-2013, 10:08 AM   #180
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powaup View Post
Do we have any info on when the car will go into production and be in US showrooms available for test drive?
Production starts this month. Expect cars to test drive at dealers by next month at earliest.

There are a group of 4 Series Coupes making their way around U.S. dealers. They're being used to train the sales force, but they're also being parked in public, so you may be able to see one in person at your dealer sooner than the production vehicles that will arrive next month.
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 01:40 AM   #181
buckybadger
BMW forever!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

The pricing is insane... I'm considering the Audi A6 instead. I'm looking to upgrade soon and the A6 is in the same price range of the 4.
2009 BMW 328i
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 04:10 PM   #182
cdp1276
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M550 Mediterranean Blue

Garage List
2020 BMW M550  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireball13 View Post
Speaking of invoice pricing, have the official invoice numbers been released yet?
Was wondering the same, can anyone send me the invoice price sheet?
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 02:12 PM   #183
M3Calgary
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW M3

435i M Performance Edition?

Does anyone know when BMW will be releasing the 435i M Performance Edition in Canada? Anyone know what the price will be? There is no information about this car at the dealers but they do have info on the M Performance package 1 & 2.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2013, 11:09 AM   #184
Noeh
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 xDrive30i

hefty premium for a 3-series to a 4-series name change
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2013, 11:11 AM   #185
DesertSmokeBBQ
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 335i M-Sport

Garage List
2013 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powaup
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertSmokeBBQ View Post
Yes that is pretty high you are quite far from invoice price but then again it all depends how much you put down. The higher your down payment the closer you get to invoice price. The lowest price you could get is invoice+500 before any incentives

Down payment and purchase price have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with each other!!!
Quote:
Then how else are people getting $500+invoice price when ordering new cars? I know for a fact that the more you put down the less you will be paying total for a car since you will be paying for interest in monthly payments. Seems to me like the more you put down the more lenient your dealer would be to give you a low price. Then again I haven't gotten to that part of the buying process yet so maybe you know something i don't
Down payment affects monthly payment, it has absolutely nothing to do with what a dealer will sell you the car for. I spent 13 years in the car business on the sales/management side. I've never put a dime down, have always rolled fees as well and my F30 328i was $1k UNDER invoice with ZERO out of pocket...

Traded 9-1-13 '13 Estoril Blue II F30 - 328i - ZMM - ZPP -ZDY - ZTB - 403 - 465 - 494 - 4DX- LC (Black) - 6NL
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2013, 08:13 PM   #186
JesseS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 3/15 DA-2

Quote:
Down payment affects monthly payment, it has absolutely nothing to do with what a dealer will sell you the car for. I spent 13 years in the car business on the sales/management side. I've never put a dime down, have always rolled fees as well and my F30 328i was $1k UNDER invoice with ZERO out of pocket...
Not sure when you left the business, but I often wonder if dealerships (or franchise owners at least) really hate the Internet; if they ever get that "travel agency feeling" in the pits of their stomachs.

Or does it just not really matter since the real profit is in used cars anyway?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 12:39 AM   #187
DesertSmokeBBQ
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 335i M-Sport

Garage List
2013 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseS
Quote:
Not sure when you left the business, but I often wonder if dealerships (or franchise owners at least) really hate the Internet; if they ever get that "travel agency feeling" in the pits of their stomachs.

As a former Fleet Director for several Dealerships who picked up the Internet Department, I can tell you the the "Old Car dogs," (you know, that salesperson with cheap clothes, a cigarette and the ever handy paper cup of coffee who smells of old spice) HATES the Internet because he doesn't and won't "get it." From a GM/Owners perspective, (and a SMART salespersons), the Internet is GOLD!

Internet buyers are just that, BUYERS. They've done the research, they've kicked the tires and they want to use the information they've collected to... BUY. You make less on the front (invoice to sticker) than a walk-in/repeat/referral customer but it takes you about 1/4 the time to close the deal if you have/can get what they want because they've already DECIDED to buy!! (And you have the opportunity to sell 3, 4, 5x as many cars in the month!)

Anyone who thinks they're getting over is WRONG. You may get a good deal but if you drive away in a new car, they've. Made. Money. (And if it was a used car, it's generally a good bit more.)

If you bought your car at invoice, they've made holdback, if you've bought it less holdback they've STILL made triple net. Rebates cost the dealer NOTHING and should have NOTHING to do with the price you agree upon as a factory rebate should be SUBTRACTED from the final negotiated price... Example: there's a $1500 BMWCCA rebate, if you negotiate an invoice deal your net should be $1500 BELOW invoice! Most people end up above invoice minus the rebate which LOOKS to be a great deal but the dealer made money when you weren't paying attention.

So you knew about that, well there's often unadvertised "Dealer cash." This is money, often a SIGNIFICANT amount that fattens sales people's wallets if they hold it. Example: I bought my wife a '13 MB C250 coupe with a $47890 MSRP, totally hard loaded car. As I worked for MB for 7 years and knew the owners, GM, sales managers etc, I knew what I could REALLY buy the car for. When all was said and done, buying at triple net, rebate, MB financial loyalty cash and over seven THOUSAND dollars in unadvertised dealer cash, I leased it for $35852 INCLUDING fees...

Oh, that trade in, they're going to make money taking it in AND selling it.

Think you got a great rate? Even if you get a nationally advertised rate such as 2.9/3.9/4.9 for example, captive financing pays the dealer a flat for the contract of between $250 and $750 depending on the brand, that's money you could negotiate for.

Also, if you manage to squeeze ALL of the juice out of the lemon, they will make money on the overall average, the PDI they did, AND dealers will blow models out that the MFG wants to shift in order to get allocation of cars they can make money on that there are never enough of, example: BMW advertises a 328i lease pretty much year round, they wanna shift X number of them and to incentivize the dealer to take deals they might not normally take on cars they won't order (ever notice the exact car in the national ads is never available?), they dangle extra M car allocation in front of them. "You sell X number of 328i sedans this quarter, you'll get 5 extra M cars (Regional allocation not counted against dealers allocation... Ever wonder where those car show cars go? Golf tournament cars? Press cars?)

I could tell you all KINDS of stories.... Some of them would make you sick but bottom line, do research, negotiate, get a deal you feel comfortable with on something you want and then stop looking and talking about it with everyone because someone got a MUCH BETTER deal, I promise you...

Traded 9-1-13 '13 Estoril Blue II F30 - 328i - ZMM - ZPP -ZDY - ZTB - 403 - 465 - 494 - 4DX- LC (Black) - 6NL
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 04:54 AM   #188
secret agent
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 428 M Perf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirenz2006
Wow a well equipped 435i is getting way up there
are u kidding me??? it's so cheap! my 520d M Sport in Australia could have bought two 435is !!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 07:19 PM   #189
///jbeck
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdp1276 View Post
Was wondering the same, can anyone send me the invoice price sheet?
Just joined the forums, but I can post them up once they let me. PM me with your build and I can send you over an invoice sheet.

Invoices come out the same time as MSRPs.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 11:38 PM   #190
nfwb11
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 435i M-Sport - SB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///jbeck View Post
Just joined the forums, but I can post them up once they let me. PM me with your build and I can send you over an invoice sheet.

Invoices come out the same time as MSRPs.
Just joined too and am really interested in the new F32. PM you after my profile clears in hopes of getting more specific pricing info on my build. Thx!

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 07:46 AM   #191
///jbeck
Private
United_States
Rep

Lots of pm's! I can't reply to them yet, I should be able to get them out tonight or tomorrow. Please include the options you are looking at. I cannot get to the full form with invoices but I can do a build sheet with one.

PMs are up and running. People with 0 posts: I can't reply in PM to you until you are verified.

Last edited by ///jbeck; 08-08-2013 at 09:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 09:06 PM   #192
VAnative
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 435i, Mineral Gray Me

435i invoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///jbeck
Lots of pm's! I can't reply to them yet, I should be able to get them out tonight or tomorrow. Please include the options you are looking at. I cannot get to the full form with invoices but I can do a build sheet with one.

PMs are up and running. People with 0 posts: I can't reply in PM to you until you are verified.
Got your note on specifics. I have ordered this car and am curious on whether the dealer is giving me the actual numbers. Details on car (still debating the HK upgrade)

144e
B39
ZSL
7AC
ZCW
ZDA
ZDH
ZLP
ZPP
ZTP
2TB
5DF

So I haven't posted here - I'm more of a lurker- but if you need me to I will post something.

Thanks - Jeff
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 04:29 AM   #193
Powaup
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Supra 3.0 (Past: 2015 M23

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertSmokeBBQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseS
Quote:

As a former Fleet Director for several Dealerships who picked up the Internet Department, I can tell you the the "Old Car dogs," (you know, that salesperson with cheap clothes, a cigarette and the ever handy paper cup of coffee who smells of old spice) HATES the Internet because he doesn't and won't "get it." From a GM/Owners perspective, (and a SMART salespersons), the Internet is GOLD!

Internet buyers are just that, BUYERS. They've done the research, they've kicked the tires and they want to use the information they've collected to... BUY. You make less on the front (invoice to sticker) than a walk-in/repeat/referral customer but it takes you about 1/4 the time to close the deal if you have/can get what they want because they've already DECIDED to buy!! (And you have the opportunity to sell 3, 4, 5x as many cars in the month!)

Anyone who thinks they're getting over is WRONG. You may get a good deal but if you drive away in a new car, they've. Made. Money. (And if it was a used car, it's generally a good bit more.)

If you bought your car at invoice, they've made holdback, if you've bought it less holdback they've STILL made triple net. Rebates cost the dealer NOTHING and should have NOTHING to do with the price you agree upon as a factory rebate should be SUBTRACTED from the final negotiated price... Example: there's a $1500 BMWCCA rebate, if you negotiate an invoice deal your net should be $1500 BELOW invoice! Most people end up above invoice minus the rebate which LOOKS to be a great deal but the dealer made money when you weren't paying attention.

So you knew about that, well there's often unadvertised "Dealer cash." This is money, often a SIGNIFICANT amount that fattens sales people's wallets if they hold it. Example: I bought my wife a '13 MB C250 coupe with a $47890 MSRP, totally hard loaded car. As I worked for MB for 7 years and knew the owners, GM, sales managers etc, I knew what I could REALLY buy the car for. When all was said and done, buying at triple net, rebate, MB financial loyalty cash and over seven THOUSAND dollars in unadvertised dealer cash, I leased it for $35852 INCLUDING fees...

Oh, that trade in, they're going to make money taking it in AND selling it.

Think you got a great rate? Even if you get a nationally advertised rate such as 2.9/3.9/4.9 for example, captive financing pays the dealer a flat for the contract of between $250 and $750 depending on the brand, that's money you could negotiate for.

Also, if you manage to squeeze ALL of the juice out of the lemon, they will make money on the overall average, the PDI they did, AND dealers will blow models out that the MFG wants to shift in order to get allocation of cars they can make money on that there are never enough of, example: BMW advertises a 328i lease pretty much year round, they wanna shift X number of them and to incentivize the dealer to take deals they might not normally take on cars they won't order (ever notice the exact car in the national ads is never available?), they dangle extra M car allocation in front of them. "You sell X number of 328i sedans this quarter, you'll get 5 extra M cars (Regional allocation not counted against dealers allocation... Ever wonder where those car show cars go? Golf tournament cars? Press cars?)

I could tell you all KINDS of stories.... Some of them would make you sick but bottom line, do research, negotiate, get a deal you feel comfortable with on something you want and then stop looking and talking about it with everyone because someone got a MUCH BETTER deal, I promise you...
Wow that's good to know. I've been eyeing a CPO m3 listed at $56K I'm hoping I could talk them down to around $50K or less since its been on their lot for over 30 days. Any advice or suggestions ?
      08-09-2013, 08:01 AM   #194
///jbeck
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAnative View Post
Got your note on specifics. I have ordered this car and am curious on whether the dealer is giving me the actual numbers. Details on car (still debating the HK upgrade)

144e
B39
ZSL
7AC
ZCW
ZDA
ZDH
ZLP
ZPP
ZTP
2TB
5DF

So I haven't posted here - I'm more of a lurker- but if you need me to I will post something.

Thanks - Jeff
Sent over.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 08:33 AM   #195
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Great info Jason. Thanks for posting

if anyone of you needs any info or help. Feel free to shoot David an email anytime.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!

Last edited by GOLFFRR; 08-09-2013 at 08:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2013, 03:35 PM   #196
dudespb
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: E92 335i JB4 AT

Hmm... parts for new 4-series F32 were added to BMW ETK in Aug 2013 ver. etk.cc + prices.
Appreciate 0