F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > "Superman" F30s - Estoril Blue over Coral Red
proTUNING Freaks

06-01-2014, 06:00 PM   #23
markbridge
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW; 2017 M-B SL450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound Passer View Post
Just the same I wouldn't take clients out in EB/Coral.
Why? Do you think they'll say, "I'm not getting into that thing! No thanks, I'll walk."?

If you don't buy it now, when will you? During your next life?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2014, 06:05 PM   #24
markbridge
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW; 2017 M-B SL450

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuned2ride View Post
Blue exterior and red interior don't compute. I hate that combo.
Judging from where you indicate you're from, I assume red on red would be more to your liking?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2014, 07:57 PM   #25
Deleted853
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by joewalton View Post
Don't do it.

You're taking the most risky exterior color and the most risky interior color and mixing them together. It looks strange to begin with and you'll get buyers remorse within a year, either tired of the exterior or the interior.

Pick one of the colors and mate it with something more subtle.
Yes, the squares freak out over the risk. But people with confidence pull this look off very well.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2014, 08:02 PM   #26
Deleted853
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Coral Red rocks.

EBII Purple Hue. Barf.
I always wonder where you live that you think EBII is purple? Under the Los Angeles sun I get compliments on the shiny pretty blue. I'm very much a grown 30 year old and I get compliments from older women/younger women, men and boys of all ages just about everywhere I go.

Joe is a man child, afraid of not getting approval of the masses. A true man's man cares not, takes the risk, and wears it proudly. Other people see the confidence and genuinely become impressed.

Joe cries inside because he wishes he could be so free, but always has to play it safe. His jealousy leads to him make snide negative posts about the people he wishes he could emulate.

Appreciate 0
      06-01-2014, 08:19 PM   #27
dmath
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: A supercharged box of giggles

I get a lot of compliments on EB, far more than on all other aspects of my car combined. And for the record, I'm WAY past 30. My interior is black but I think the red looks great. Congrats to those with that combination.
      06-01-2014, 11:59 PM   #28
joewalton
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2015 428i Gran Coupé

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwm1166 View Post
Joe is a man child, afraid of not getting approval of the masses. A true man's man cares not, takes the risk, and wears it proudly. Other people see the confidence and genuinely become impressed.

Joe cries inside because he wishes he could be so free, but always has to play it safe. His jealousy leads to him make snide negative posts about the people he wishes he could emulate.
Let me get this straight- I'm not free, I'm totally jealous. Of people who have blue cars with red interiors. I sure hope you're not a psychiatrist.

It's a hideous color combination, not a reason to attack other forum members.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2014, 12:10 AM   #29
Vegetable
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 MT, 2024 X3MC

Quote:
Let me get this straight- I'm not free, I'm totally jealous. Of people who have blue cars with red interiors. I sure hope you're not a psychiatrist.

I'm not free either and I'm also jealous.. Howeveeer, this is much better than Yellow on red
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2014, 11:37 AM   #30
rich100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 320i Xdrive msport

I think this forum demonstrates very well the subjectivity of colour choices.

I'm some way past 22 myself but that didn't stop me ordering it. tbh at the time of ordering I almost bottled it and ordered black but decided to go with my gut instinct.

I respect everyones opinion about combinations but I was a bit tired of conventional at the time so thought id just go for it.

I still say that if its something you like do it. Its unlikely that this will be the last car you'll ever own so you can always go for a safer option if you choose to do so next time.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2014, 05:05 PM   #31
M3LOLJK
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

I say go for it ! I get compliments from random strangers about the combo every single day. Of course I'm a bit bias, but I don't see how anyone can get sick of this color combination. Follow your gut and go for it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-02-2014, 05:18 PM   #32
emericanmilitia
Private
Rep
Drives: 1995 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbridge View Post
Why? Do you think they'll say, "I'm not getting into that thing! No thanks, I'll walk."?

If you don't buy it now, when will you? During your next life?
I'm in no way against about the Superman combo myself, but I can definitely see people thinking it's a little loud/immature for a grown man to be driving a car with these colors. While I don't think that should matter to people and they should drive whatever they want to, that might be different if you take clients in your car and need to appear professional/classy/etc. If your clients are the same sort of people that are hating on it in this thread, it's possible that it may have an adverse effect on your business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3LOLJK View Post
I say go for it ! I get compliments from random strangers about the combo every single day. Of course I'm a bit bias, but I don't see how anyone can get sick of this color combination. Follow your gut and go for it.
Where in NYC are you located? I'm in Queens and will be receiving my superman 335i in about a week, going to have to keep an eye out for other Estoril's in the area
      06-02-2014, 05:20 PM   #33
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

There's no color CR doesn't look good with. BMW did a great job with it. It's the single most complimented thing about my car.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2014, 05:28 PM   #34
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by emericanmilitia View Post
...they should drive whatever they want to, that might be different if you take clients in your car and need to appear professional/classy/etc. If your clients are the same sort of people that are hating on it in this thread, it's possible that it may have an adverse effect on your business.
I don't think anyone with clients of any real significance is driving them around in a 3-Series.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2014, 06:54 PM   #35
Deleted853
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

You're definitely demonstrating how uptight you are to take my posts so seriously. My tongue is firmly planted in my cheek. Just a little ribbing for you ripping my color scheme, nothing more.

It's a car forum, you could be a little less serious than at your day job, no?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2014, 07:01 PM   #36
joewalton
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2015 428i Gran Coupé

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwm1166 View Post
You're definitely demonstrating how uptight you are to take my posts so seriously. My tongue is firmly planted in my cheek. Just a little ribbing for you ripping my color scheme, nothing more.

It's a car forum, you could be a little less serious than at your day job, no?
Ah, got it.

Now go re-paint your car so we can hold down our dinner.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 07:39 AM   #37
TheWhiteStig
Tame Racing Driver
Canada
Rep
Drives: 428i Sportline

Get whatever you want now, if you don't like it in the future you can always wrap it in different color. Alpine white on Coral Red rocks IMHO.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 02:46 PM   #38
F30George
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 M335i

absolutely love this combo!! Glad I ordered it this way!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-03-2018, 12:45 PM   #39
shownfu
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i xdrive

Back from the dead with this thread since it's been discussed already...I'm wondering if anyone has ever seen an F31 in such combo (estoril + coral)?

That's the car I want next, but I can only afford a used one. I can't find one at all. I also couldn't justify paying $60K for a brand new 330i xdrive wagon. Wish they'd make a 335i wagon.

When shopping for the F30 I have now I really wanted this 'superman' combo, but it was extremely hard to find. Found one 3hrs away where the original buyer checked every option box, but I sat on it too long and it got sold. Settled for estoril blue with black leather.
Appreciate 0