F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Experience with 10.25" android 7.1 HU's
Studio RSR

07-14-2018, 08:24 AM   #551
wacky007
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: F30 2012 320i

Thanks, I will report the issue to Louie.

Blank Screen:

- black screen, without text, no white lines
- Android is still running, I hear music and navigation voice

restart by shutdown car

Last edited by wacky007; 07-14-2018 at 10:19 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2018, 11:52 AM   #552
cederron
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRuw View Post
wacky007 I have installed the DAB app from the XDA forum but when I have the radio on and start Waze navi and have the DAB on the background, the unit kills the app within 2 mins.
Do you have the same issue?
I discussed with Louie and basically he said that they dont support other units than his DAB box and I should ask the supplier of the DAB antenna..... while his unit is killing the app and thats the actual case...
What do you think about the reception etc of the box? does it buffer at all? My USB thingy is quite good as long as there is a proper signal. It doesnt buffer or anything so signal bad means static...
cederron Have you find a way yet to change the whitelist?
I was trying to do a service to kill the app killer, but been a few days without working on it.

BTW these are the apps and services allowed to run in background, everything else will be killed:

musicPkgLst = {"com.android.music", "cn.kuwo.kwmusiccar", "cn.kuwo.player", "com.kugou.android", "com.kugou.playerHD", "com.sds.android.ttpod", "com.tencent.qqmusic", "com.tencent.qqmusicpad", "com.duomi.android", "com.mxtech.videoplayer.pro", "com.maxmpz.audioplayer", "com.jetappfactory.jetaudioplus"};

sysApkLst = {"com.estrongs.android.pop", "com.unisound", "com.szchoiceway", "com.choiceway", EventUtils.PHONEAPP_MODE_PACKAGE_NAME, "com.baidu.baidumaps", "com.alensw.PicFolder", "com.android.settings", "com.mxnavi", "com.autonavi", "com.cld", "com.baidu.BaiduMap", "cld.navi", "com.android.systemui", "com.tencent.mobileqq", "com.tencent.mm", "com.uc.browser.hd", "com.kingwaytek", "com.papago.M11General", "com.loco", "com.sygic.aura", "com.anwensoft.cardvr", "com.navngo.igo.javaclient", "com.tencent.map", "com.mapbar.android", "com.uu.uunavi", "com.mapbar", "com.zxwtxz.sdkdemo", "ru.yandex.yandexnavi", "com.navitel", "com.nng.igo", "com.navngo.igo", "com.mng.igo", "com.garmin", "com.skt.tmap", "com.txznet.txz", "com.aispeech.aios", "com.nng.igoprimoisr2013march24.javaclient", "com.aispeech.aios.bridge", "com.mireo.dontpanic.android.incyclone", "com.example.administrator.eqsetapplication", "com.here.app.maps", "com.waze"};
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2018, 01:59 PM   #553
Supernova66
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cederron View Post
Quote:
wacky007 I have installed the DAB app from the XDA forum but when I have the radio on and start Waze navi and have the DAB on the background, the unit kills the app within 2 mins.
Do you have the same issue?
I discussed with Louie and basically he said that they dont support other units than his DAB box and I should ask the supplier of the DAB antenna..... while his unit is killing the app and thats the actual case...
What do you think about the reception etc of the box? does it buffer at all? My USB thingy is quite good as long as there is a proper signal. It doesnt buffer or anything so signal bad means static...
cederron Have you find a way yet to change the whitelist?
I was trying to do a service to kill the app killer, but been a few days without working on it.

BTW these are the apps and services allowed to run in background, everything else will be killed:

musicPkgLst = {"com.android.music", "cn.kuwo.kwmusiccar", "cn.kuwo.player", "com.kugou.android", "com.kugou.playerHD", "com.sds.android.ttpod", "com.tencent.qqmusic", "com.tencent.qqmusicpad", "com.duomi.android", "com.mxtech.videoplayer.pro", "com.maxmpz.audioplayer", "com.jetappfactory.jetaudioplus"};

sysApkLst = {"com.estrongs.android.pop", "com.unisound", "com.szchoiceway", "com.choiceway", EventUtils.PHONEAPP_MODE_PACKAGE_NAME, "com.baidu.baidumaps", "com.alensw.PicFolder", "com.android.settings", "com.mxnavi", "com.autonavi", "com.cld", "com.baidu.BaiduMap", "cld.navi", "com.android.systemui", "com.tencent.mobileqq", "com.tencent.mm", "com.uc.browser.hd", "com.kingwaytek", "com.papago.M11General", "com.loco", "com.sygic.aura", "com.anwensoft.cardvr", "com.navngo.igo.javaclient", "com.tencent.map", "com.mapbar.android", "com.uu.uunavi", "com.mapbar", "com.zxwtxz.sdkdemo", "ru.yandex.yandexnavi", "com.navitel", "com.nng.igo", "com.navngo.igo", "com.mng.igo", "com.garmin", "com.skt.tmap", "com.txznet.txz", "com.aispeech.aios", "com.nng.igoprimoisr2013march24.javaclient", "com.aispeech.aios.bridge", "com.mireo.dontpanic.android.incyclone", "com.example.administrator.eqsetapplication", "com.here.app.maps", "com.waze"};
Would you happen to know where the startup icons are stored? I was hoping to try running the mperformace animation at android start up.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2018, 02:57 PM   #554
DRuw
Captain
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: G21 330e MSport Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernova66 View Post
Would you happen to know where the startup icons are stored? I was hoping to try running the mperformace animation at android start up.
WANT THAT TOO!!!!

cederron are those services in a file that can be edited?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2018, 03:25 PM   #555
florinbrv
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320D

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacky007 View Post

DAB box works good as long as there is a signal.
I think you are right, the DAB box doesn't have the option to buffer, therefore I think it's just useless.
I'm thinking of taking the antenna off the windshield...
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2018, 04:36 PM   #556
moose46
Registered
Rep
Drives: f30

I have a problem with no sound, from the android side.
i have try to increase the aux volume in oem but nothing is happening,
the only thing i can hear is a high frequency noice if i speed in waze or something,

Have any one have any simular problem?
I have double check that the optic cabel is plugged in,

Can the combo box cause this? is there a way of fixing this?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2018, 05:14 AM   #557
cederron
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
WANT THAT TOO!!!!

cederron are those services in a file that can be edited?

no, they are hard-coded in the source code.

Dont know where the startup images are.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2018, 06:03 AM   #558
DRuw
Captain
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose46 View Post
I have a problem with no sound, from the android side.
i have try to increase the aux volume in oem but nothing is happening,
the only thing i can hear is a high frequency noice if i speed in waze or something,

Have any one have any simular problem?
I have double check that the optic cabel is plugged in,

Can the combo box cause this? is there a way of fixing this?
Have you checked all cable connections?
Have you checked the audio setup in the ugode factory menu?
There are several setting for audio (like hk or alpine) and also output volume of the ugode and aux.input that can be muted...
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2018, 03:44 PM   #559
moose46
Registered
Rep
Drives: f30

Quote:
Have you checked all cable connections?
Have you checked the audio setup in the ugode factory menu?
There are several setting for audio (like hk or alpine) and also output volume of the ugode and aux.input that can be muted...
I have check the all cable they seems to be good.
i will try different sources like hk or apline.

the aux input is muted in the oem or at the lowest and it is not possible increase.
Im thinking of hand in the car to bmw to fix the aux thing,
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2018, 03:35 AM   #560
DRuw
Captain
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cederron View Post
no, they are hard-coded in the source code.

Dont know where the startup images are.
Now you know Im a noob on the software part but is there a possibility to take the DAB apk and rename the service to one that is not used?
that way it stays alive since it is according to one of the names on the list...

Just a thought?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2018, 04:00 AM   #561
florinbrv
Private First Class
Rep

I have updated the latest android software that DRuw shared with us and I have the same waze issue.
After the unit boot time of aprox 40 seconds, the music player starts playing the mp3 files from the usb. So far no issues. I start waze and now the music intermittently stops as the processor can't handle the load. Anyway, after 30 seconds the music is OK but waze doesn't have audio (voice guidance)
I have to restart Waze and the second time, everything is OK...
I have disabled many apps from google, nothing helps.
The only option left is to uninstall Spotify?

Please feedback if you have the same issue
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2018, 04:36 AM   #562
banggman
Denmark
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d F11

Quote:
Originally Posted by florinbrv View Post
I have updated the latest android software that DRuw shared with us and I have the same waze issue.
After the unit boot time of aprox 40 seconds, the music player starts playing the mp3 files from the usb. So far no issues. I start waze and now the music intermittently stops as the processor can't handle the load. Anyway, after 30 seconds the music is OK but waze doesn't have audio (voice guidance)
I have to restart Waze and the second time, everything is OK...
I have disabled many apps from google, nothing helps.
The only option left is to uninstall Spotify?

Please feedback if you have the same issue
Do you have the AVIN or Ugode version of the head unit?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2018, 04:42 AM   #563
florinbrv
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by banggman View Post
Do you have the AVIN or Ugode version of the head unit?
Ugode.

Update: forgot to mention that while Waze voice is not working, the performance is rubbish, struggling to find the route, freezing, etc. After restart it's working very well.
It's annoying because each time I start the unit, I hace to restart Waze

Last edited by florinbrv; 07-17-2018 at 05:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2018, 05:21 AM   #564
cederron
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Now you know Im a noob on the software part but is there a possibility to take the DAB apk and rename the service to one that is not used?
that way it stays alive since it is according to one of the names on the list...

Just a thought?
It should work if could be done, but dont know if its possible.
I have hacked things in rooted devices, but its not the case with this unit.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2018, 04:26 PM   #565
losdamianos
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 320D 2015

fact that this unit doesnt automatically connects to wifi is really pissing me off @Druw does the new update works ok is it worth upgrading ?
Cheers
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2018, 10:47 PM   #566
DRuw
Captain
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by losdamianos View Post
fact that this unit doesnt automatically connects to wifi is really pissing me off @Druw does the new update works ok is it worth upgrading ?
Cheers
Yes, the last software is a real improvement.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 01:49 AM   #567
mike78
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 530e M Sport (2019)

FYI: yesterday I managed to connect GPS splitter cable (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fakr...852595449.html) in order to use BMW GPS antenna in ugode and it didnt work (I got wrong altitude, very long time to connect to satellites and very unstable satellite connections). BMW Navigation works fine with the GPS splitter cable.

Anyone with similar experience?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 01:51 AM   #568
koutsouk
Private First Class
Greece
Rep
Drives: BMW E60

Quote:
Yes, the last software is a real improvement.
The link for the software has expired
Do you have it Druw ?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 07:47 AM   #569
jd__m4
Captain
Rep
Drives: AY M4

Here's one Louie sent me:

https://mab.to/6hez2RDvdlM

I downloaded it last night and will install when I get home from work today. This morning, when leaving for work I noticed my doors were already unlocked, which was unusual, and of course I got the no signal screen when I started it up. Hopefully the new software works for me like it has for DRuw.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 08:58 AM   #570
DRuw
Captain
Netherlands
Rep

I received other software totdat as well, which should.improve google map performance.
This is the link: https://mab.to/ItM0o0sFn
Dont know when I can try it since im on holiday since this morning for 2 weeks....
Louie said it also includes a new MCU file.
Cant wait to try
Unit is performing ok during my 600km drive today.
250 to go in a few minutes and this far only some waze hangups solved with restarting waze.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 09:06 AM   #571
jd__m4
Captain
Rep
Drives: AY M4

Quote:
I received other software totdat as well, which should.improve google map performance.
This is the link: https://mab.to/ItM0o0sFn
Dont know when I can try it since im on holiday since this morning for 2 weeks....
Louie said it also includes a new MCU file.
Cant wait to try
Unit is performing ok during my 600km drive today.
250 to go in a few minutes and this far only some waze hangups solved with restarting waze.
I wonder if I should bother with the latest- I use CarPlay for navigation, so Waze/GM performance are inconsequential for me.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 11:06 AM   #572
DRuw
Captain
Netherlands
Rep

If its good for you and you dont have the current software to reinstall, dont update i would say.
"Never change a winning team"
I like to mess with the system a bit and currently have 4 software versions at least
Appreciate 0