F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Odd ABS light appearance
Studio RSR

12-14-2018, 04:17 AM   #1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F31 335D XD

Odd ABS light appearance

Morning All

Over the last week I have experienced an odd flash of the ABS light (above the temp gauge)

It flashes for half a second or so and disappears, not long enough for the ID system to log a fault or for it to flag on the ID screen.

There appears to be no real consistency with this, occurring at high speed, lower speed, on the throttle or coasting. this is combined with my gear box doing strange things, like feeling a little lumpy occasionally when going on or off the throttle even when warm, and holding 7th gear not dropping into 8th on the motorway.

I initially blamed the fact the car was disgustingly filthy, but a bloody good clean around the brakes and sensors has made no difference.

Of course the obvious thing will be to send it back to BMW, which I intend on doing but naturally I wanted to ask you lot if you had seen or heard of anything similar whilst I wait for a date from BMW.

Its a 67 plate 335D XD.

the only other possibility I thought off was the Tyres on the back are approaching 3 mm but the fronts are still a bit over 5mm, is this enough to confuse the XD system?

Car has 31k on the clock.

Any guidance or previous experience appreciated.
      12-14-2018, 05:40 AM   #2
Sasquartch
Major
Rep
Drives: 520i G30

Sounds like a wheel sensor is possibly duff

You'd really need to connect it up to ISTA and see if any faults logged
Appreciate 0