F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Speed Limit display on IC issue?
GetBMWParts

10-15-2018, 04:59 AM   #1
rb71
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 340i xDrive

Speed Limit display on IC issue?

Hi,

I bought a '17 340i-x a few weeks ago; low miles and obviously still under warranty. Love the car so far. One thing that I'm wondering about is the instrument cluster display of the Speed Limit sign. When that is displayed, there is a vertical red line (about 1 pixel wide) running down through the white sign toward the left edge (see attached picture). It also continues through the odometer numbers displayed below the sign, but not evident in the picture because of the orange displayed numbers (night) vs. white. Is that normal/expected or what others see? I'm not very convenient to a dealer, so I'd prefer to save myself a trip if this is something that's normal. Including a picture for reference.
Thanks.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-15-2018, 09:55 AM   #2
bskier2001
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive MPPSK

My display does not show this line seen in your picture. Almost looks as if that column of pixels is somehow damaged.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2018, 04:52 AM   #3
rb71
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 340i xDrive

Thanks for checking; that was what I was assuming also. Wondering if it's unusual or if others have had issues with their IC WRT video display hardware problems. Guess I'll have it checked out at the next service interval in a month or two.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2018, 11:24 AM   #4
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb71 View Post
Hi,

I bought a '17 340i-x a few weeks ago; low miles and obviously still under warranty. Love the car so far. One thing that I'm wondering about is the instrument cluster display of the Speed Limit sign. When that is displayed, there is a vertical red line (about 1 pixel wide) running down through the white sign toward the left edge (see attached picture). It also continues through the odometer numbers displayed below the sign, but not evident in the picture because of the orange displayed numbers (night) vs. white. Is that normal/expected or what others see? I'm not very convenient to a dealer, so I'd prefer to save myself a trip if this is something that's normal. Including a picture for reference.
Thanks.
Line of pixels out.

Replace under warranty.
Appreciate 0