F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Ups loses axleback..
ARMA SPEED

10-16-2018, 10:08 PM   #1
fb58
Private
Rep
Drives: 18' AT 340Xi

Ups loses axleback..

Ups lost my axle back that i bought from a vendor on here around a week ago. They have done one investigation and have not found the package and want me to file a claim.

I asked the vendor for a refund on the axle back around 6 days ago. I am told to wait another day or two every day as they dropshipped it.

its been 6 days tracking has never entered my state and the tracking literally says package lost file claim.

am i in the wrong for getting mad at this vendor for holding my money? Before i make a post hopefully this will get me my refund though.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2018, 10:12 PM   #2
draggy
sucka for a longroof
Rep
Drives: F31

Yeah the vendor should do right by you by refunding your money then filing a claim with UPS. Why don't you file a claim with your cc?
Appreciate 1
N26Ghost496.50
      10-16-2018, 10:19 PM   #3
fb58
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by draggy View Post
Yeah the vendor should do right by you by refunding your money then filing a claim with UPS. Why don't you file a claim with your cc?
i understand where he is coming from. but now it's being dragged i re-ordered 1200$ worth of stuff from him too. and hes still holding my money i don't know if he thinks the trackings going to update and say i received it or what. But if it comes down to it i guess ill have to file a claim.
Appreciate 1
N26Ghost496.50
      10-16-2018, 11:20 PM   #4
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fb58 View Post
Ups lost my axle back that i bought from a vendor on here around a week ago. They have done one investigation and have not found the package and want me to file a claim.

I asked the vendor for a refund on the axle back around 6 days ago. I am told to wait another day or two every day as they dropshipped it.

its been 6 days tracking has never entered my state and the tracking literally says package lost file claim.

am i in the wrong for getting mad at this vendor for holding my money? Before i make a post hopefully this will get me my refund though.
What was the original expected delivery date when the package was shipped?

I would think the Vendor would reorder instead of refunding money if the estimated delivery date has passed by a day or two. Furthermore, they should arrange for expedited delivery in the subsequent drop ship. If they do not you should post who vendor is so others know how this was handled.

If the other comes, you can simply refuse shipment and it should be returned to the original shipper.

If they will not do this immediately, I would dispute charges with Credit Card and let them know you will be ordering from another source for your replacement.

I would have NEVER paid a second time for the reorder as you indicate you have.

Last edited by IK6SPEED; 10-16-2018 at 11:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2018, 11:24 PM   #5
Korvo
Respect My Authoritah
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport

I agree with what's been posted. The vendor should send you another exhaust and finding the missing system should be their problem, not yours. Dispute it and buy from a different vendor if they keep stalling.

I would like to know which vendor I shouldn't be buying from...
      10-17-2018, 07:05 AM   #6
fb58
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Quote:

What was the original expected delivery date when the package was shipped?

I would think the Vendor would reorder instead of refunding money if the estimated delivery date has passed by a day or two. Furthermore, they should arrange for expedited delivery in the subsequent drop ship. If they do not you should post who vendor is so others know how this was handled.

If the other comes, you can simply refuse shipment and it should be returned to the original shipper.

If they will not do this immediately, I would dispute charges with Credit Card and let them know you will be ordering from another source for your replacement.

I would have NEVER paid a second time for the reorder as you indicate you have.
My original delivery date was exactly one week ago and three days.
I got my midpipes second day after ordering.

Gonna wait for vendors reply again sent him this thread so he realizes I have 10000% right to get pissed off.

Package has been lost for 8days now.

The vendor did not even know it was shipped. I had to pm him 5 days after. I only got the tracking for the package due to me being a ups my choice member.

The vendor literally had no clue it shipped 5 days after my order . Lolllll

How are you going to be a vendor and not update your orders consistently after this I fought with him saying I haven't ordered anything else from dinan not sure why they would send me a random 44lb package.

So much back and forth going on
Only reason I used this vendor is because he bought out allot of stock from companies.
And he also is the only one with the best pricing below manufactures sites.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 07:07 AM   #7
fb58
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdegene View Post
I agree with what's been posted. The vendor should send you another exhaust and finding the missing system should be their problem, not yours. Dispute it and buy from a different vendor if they keep stalling.

That is what I originally wanted another axle back overnighted.
His offer was this
"I mean if they can find it, let them find it and deliver it to you.
But if you think its easier to just send it back to Dinan and resend it again to you thats fine with me."
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 08:03 AM   #8
Korvo
Respect My Authoritah
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

His offer was this
But if you think its easier to just send it back to Dinan and resend it again to you thats fine with me."
LOL Demand you get another sent, or dispute the charge with the CC company. Then create a thread to warn others of how this vendor handled the situation.

This should not be your problem.
      10-17-2018, 08:38 AM   #9
fb58
Private
Rep

Quote:
LOL Demand you get another sent, or dispute the charge with the CC company. Then create a thread to warn others of how this vendor handled the situation.

This should not be your problem.
i dont even want another at this point just the refund lol... going to wait for his second reply of the day today.

he replied last night saying he will check with the shipper aka dinan today.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 08:44 AM   #10
Korvo
Respect My Authoritah
United_States
Rep

Quote:
i dont even want another at this point just the refund lol... going to wait for his second reply of the day today.

he replied last night saying he will check with the shipper aka dinan today.
Nice. Well in that case, the vendor shouldn't care either. It's Dinan's problem, but it seems that the vendor would like to help them before the customer? Weird...

I just ordered a Dinan axle-back too and waiting for it to arrive from an eBay seller!
      10-17-2018, 09:49 AM   #11
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
His offer was this
Now that you have identified Dinan as the sender, I would note that there are many threads that have noted Dinan is a literal disaster in customer service over the past year.

Of course that’s not your personal problem, but Vendor probably cannot get info from them. Then again, thats not your problem either. Vendor took on the risk knowing Dinan’s issues and that’s why you paid them to take that risk instead of ordering direct.

Any vendor can give you a discount price. How they handle issues are what separates the Vendors you want to deal with. However most forum members do as you did and chose lowest price and now it’s come back to bite you.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 10:26 AM   #12
fb58
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Quote:
His offer was this
Now that you have identified Dinan as the sender, I would note that there are many threads that have noted Dinan is a literal disaster in customer service over the past year.

Of course thatÂ’s not your personal problem, but Vendor probably cannot get info from them. Then again, thats not your problem either. Vendor took on the risk knowing DinanÂ’s issues and thatÂ’s why you paid them to take that risk instead of ordering direct.

Any vendor can give you a discount price. How they handle issues are what separates the Vendors you want to deal with. However most forum members do as you did and chose lowest price and now itÂ’s come back to bite you.
Ya definitely bit me in the ass this is the response I got

Lmfaooo
"
As i mentioned before, they said by the end of the week the close will be closed.
Once thats done, the refund will be sent.
I cannot refund you unless i get confirmation from Dinan that package is lost.
If they end up finding it and re-sending it to you , you get the package and i lose my money (it has happened before).
As any vendor we need confirmation from the sender which they said will happen at the end of the week."
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 10:33 AM   #13
fb58
Private
Rep

Vendor recommended me too dispute lol
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 10:52 AM   #14
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Hello,

Although customer did not mention us, im the seller i feel i have an obligation to post my part of this story.

Order was placed October 3rd.
The midpipe shipped out direct same day.

The axle back was not in our stock so had to ship out from Dinan which happened on the 4th.

That day the customer asked UPS to change the address (we were not notified of this until a week later). Same day he cancelled that request.

10/04/2018 8:58 P.M. A UPS My Choice® delivery change was requested for this package. / The receiver will pick up the package at a UPS facility.

10/04/2018 10:08 P.M. At the receiver's request, the UPS My Choice® delivery change option was modified. / The request for this package was cancelled.

On the 5th, he asked to have them change the address (we were not aware of that either).

10/05/2018 1:29 A.M. A UPS My Choice® delivery change was requested for this package. / Your package will be delivered to an alternate address.

Finally on the 9th, the customer contacted us letting us aware that the shipment is lost. We contacted Dinan , which contacted UPS and they said package is not lost, its on its way but the address keep changing which is causing all these delays.

Up until the 12th, the customer kept calling UPS and making changes (you can see the request on the tracking number link posted below).

On the 15th, I contacted Dinan again and asked them to cancel the shipment because the buyer has waited enough. Thats when the claim was opened, that was a Monday.

UPS replied by saying an investigation has been opened and it will be resolved before the end of the week either by finding the package or a refund.

I would love nothing more than get this resolved and done with. That being said i have to wait until UPS closes the investigation before processing the refund which is in 3 days maximum. If i process the refund now and UPS find the package and somehow have it delivered to the customer i end up losing the money.

Here is the tracking number with all the updates i mentioned before
Name:  1.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  156.9 KB
Name:  22.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  138.4 KB

[quote]Vendor recommended me too dispute lol[\quote]

Yes i did.

If you open claim you get your money back for the time being and we get 2 weeks to have it resolved.
If it gets found and shipped to you, the money gets taken out of your account again.
If its lost you keep the money.

I never recommend customers take this route but with you i feel it is necessary after we cannot get into any sort of agreement with almost a hundred emails / instagram messages. Now you also have posted it on the forums.

You are asking us to refund you the money right away before UPS closes the investigation, you are asking us to just tell UPS to send it back to us if it is found.
This is not an option since you can at anytime contact UPS and ask them to change the address (as you have done numerous times).

Phone number 702-494-9435

Last edited by mike@x-ph.com; 10-17-2018 at 12:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 11:18 AM   #15
fb58
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
snip.

That day the customer asked UPS to change the address (we were not notified of this until a week later). Same day he cancelled that request.

I actually did not cancel the request i was told by ups the shipper had restrictions on pick up.

So i then went to modify it to be shipped to a friend. This option was also canceled by ups due to the shipper.

so i then called ups and ask if i could pick the package up.

They then told me it was lost and they would have to start an investigation as i was the reciever and not the shipper they would not provide me further details.

Now this is why i waited a week before doing dipsuting. i do understand i made a couple changes to the shipment address. Nothing i can control about that i needed it shipped to a different address.

But you your self had no clue the package was even shipped out when i first contacted you.

When i told you the axle back was lost you said it was never even shipped how did you get the tracking...

so im not really sure how updated you are from dinan but

"On the 15th, I contacted Dinan again and asked them to cancel the shipment because the buyer has waited enough. Thats when the claim was opened, that was a Monday."

if dinan contacted ups they could have easily marked the package for intercept and that would have been shown on the tracking. But they didnt do anything ups actually contacted me requesting for me to fill out a claim.

Also the shipper has authority over where the package goes which is why all my requests were cancelled due to dinans restrictions

Just called ups the robot even says they have contacted sender and are waiting for a response.

Last edited by fb58; 10-17-2018 at 11:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 11:28 AM   #16
redEYEjedi
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 / F31 / E91

I've worked ecommerce before where we annually grossed over $1M in sales so I have some insight to shipping issues. For reference we used to have multiple UPS and FEDEX trucks solely dedicated to picking up only our packages. When shipments are out of the vendors hands, the transport is dependent on the shipping company doing their part. Stuff gets lost, it happens, and it sounds like the vendor has been responsive. That doesn't mean the vendor is off the hook, but you have to understand they can only do so much when it's a different company handling the physical transport.

There was more to the story than what was shared originally, and it sounds like it could have been the buyer's fault for complicating the situation. Buyer probably didn't think much of the changes but it does make more sense why things are the way they are right now.

Hang in there and give the vendor and UPS more time. I've seen packages reappear again, but you'll have to be diligent and keep pressing the shipping company. Best of luck and hopefully this gets resolved sooner than later.
      10-17-2018, 11:33 AM   #17
fb58
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by redEYEjedi View Post
I've worked ecommerce before where we annually grossed over $1M in sales so I have some insight to shipping issues. For reference we used to have multiple UPS and FEDEX trucks solely dedicated to picking up only our packages. When shipments are out of the vendors hands, the transport is dependent on the shipping company doing their part. Stuff gets lost, it happens, and it sounds like the vendor has been responsive. That doesn't mean the vendor is off the hook, but you have to understand they can only do so much when it's a different company handling the physical transport.

There was more to the story than what was shared originally, and it sounds like it could have been the buyer's fault for complicating the situation. Buyer probably didn't think much of the changes but it does make more sense why things are the way they are right now.

Hang in there and give the vendor and UPS more time. I've seen packages reappear again, but you'll have to be diligent and keep pressing the shipping company. Best of luck and hopefully this gets resolved sooner than later.
Vendor has been very responsive but no information only a wait for a response. I can call ups and they are still waiting on a response from the shipper if thats true which they could be lying.
im given the run around consistently.

Im very very sure the shipper can markt he package for intercept guaranteeing it wouldnt be delivered to me then i should be given the refund. But the shipper is not giving ups any updates from what im being told by ups. again they could be lying.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 11:34 AM   #18
redEYEjedi
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
snip.

I actually did not cancel the request i was told by ups the shipper had restrictions on pick up.

So i then went to modify it to be shipped to a friend. This option was also canceled by ups due to the shipper.

They then told me it was lost and they would have to start an investigation as i was the reciever and not the shipper they would not provide me further details.

Now this is why i waited a week before doing dipsuting. i do understand i made a couple changes to the shipment address. Nothing i can control about that i needed it shipped to a different address.

But you your self had no clue the package was even shipped out when i first contacted you.

When i told you the axle back was lost you said it was never even shipped how did you get the tracking...

"On the 15th, I contacted Dinan again and asked them to cancel the shipment because the buyer has waited enough. Thats when the claim was opened, that was a Monday."

if dinan contacted ups they could have easily marked the package for intercept and that would have been shown on the tracking. But they didnt do anything ups actually contacted me requesting for me to fill out a claim.

Also the shipper has authority over where the package goes which is why all my requests were cancelled due to dinans restrictions
Quote:
Quote:
snip.

So if that was the case and you knew the shipper was the only one authorized to make changes, why didn't you contact the shipper or vendor to make those changes instead of going back and forth with the shipping company?

Any luck reaching Dinan directly to escalate the situation? Maybe that might help?

This number is on the Dinan website. tel:800.341.5480
      10-17-2018, 11:40 AM   #19
fb58
Private
Rep

Quote:
So if that was the case and you knew the shipper was the only one authorized to make changes, why didn't you contact the shipper or vendor to make those changes instead of going back and forth with the shipping company?
I did not know at first after the first request was canceled it said due to shippers restriction this package can not be picked up. So instead of picking it up i requested it to be delivered to a friend. That is my reasoning for not contacting the vendor first.

I didnt even contact the shipper until 4-5 days after it was shipped after the package didnt scan into my state for 2 days I THEN contacted the shipper saying the package was lost and ups told me to contact the shipper.

Since then i was being given the runaround.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 11:42 AM   #20
fb58
Private
Rep

Quote:

Any luck reaching Dinan directly to escalate the situation? Maybe that might help?

yes i tried that was on hold for like an hour and 15 but got through.

but got no where. Support had no clue what i was talking about told me to contact who i purchased from.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 11:48 AM   #21
redEYEjedi
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

yes i tried that was on hold for like an hour and 15 but got through.

but got no where. Support had no clue what i was talking about told me to contact who i purchased from.
Ughh. So lame of Dinan.

The link you provided doesn't work for the tracking details. Is there ANY movement on the package or does it just say a shipment has been scheduled. If there is no scan at all, the package may not have left Dinan, even if there is a tracking #.
      10-17-2018, 12:00 PM   #22
fb58
Private
Rep

Quote:
Ughh. So lame of Dinan.

The link you provided doesn't work for the tracking details. Is there ANY movement on the package or does it just say a shipment has been scheduled. If there is no scan at all, the package may not have left Dinan, even if there is a tracking #.
package left dinan alabama

departed alabama
arrived in georgia
never departed from georgia been 12 days now.

I COULD NEVER EVER EVER EVER IMAGINE GOING THROUGH A WARRANTY CLAIM WITH DINAN.

I wanted to keep my warranty from bmw with out having too take off parts going to void my bmw warranty.

literally can not imagine dealing with dinan.
Appreciate 0