F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Could have been way worse…
ARMA SPEED

09-29-2022, 12:18 AM   #45
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauloxxi View Post
Better think very well about writing any post here. Some people expose their mistakes while others are very judgmental and will will not miss the chance to kick the dead horse over and over. In the end, is it the function of any forum members to act as judges and "force" the OP to admit he was at fault? Is that necessary to satisfy the ego of people here that see themselves as judges, insurance advisers, owners of the truth and crime scene investigator? There is a limit for judgment and opinion.
+1!!! I wanted to post earlier, but since you did I will add my hearty agreement.

Moderators, can we just close this thread already?
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

09-29-2022, 08:47 AM   #46
WDE82
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 440iGC F36

Quote:
Better think very well about writing any post here. Some people expose their mistakes while others are very judgmental and will will not miss the chance to kick the dead horse over and over. In the end, is it the function of any forum members to act as judges and "force" the OP to admit he was at fault? Is that necessary to satisfy the ego of people here that see themselves as judges, insurance advisers, owners of the truth and crime scene investigator? There is a limit for judgment and opinion.
Lack of accountability is a scourge on society so you bet I'm going to call it out when it's obvious. One less irresponsible owner isn't a bad thing.
      09-29-2022, 11:48 AM   #47
Pauloxxi
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014-320Xi / 2017-330Xi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE82 View Post
Quote:
Lack of accountability is a scourge on society so you bet I'm going to call it out when it's obvious. One less irresponsible owner isn't a bad thing.
Lack of accountability and not being responsible IS a real problem nowadays. However who some people think they are to judge and force a fellow forum member to spell things that he doesn't want? Even when people are arrested for wrong doing they still have the right to stay silent. So what is the power some members here think they are entitled? That they believe to be absolute, owner of the true, the perfect citizen and the judge?????
I had a post completely distorted by one imbecile before and I know how it is… he was so idiotic that ended banned. Although it is easy to come back with a new avatar… he is probably around.
In my perception the approach some members took in this post deserve to be reprimanded…
Anyway… nobody behind the computer screen can force the fellow member to say or confess anything, moreover if it will cause damage.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2022, 12:30 PM   #48
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Moderators, would you PLEASE LOCK this thread?!?!

09-30-2022, 02:40 PM   #49
Mani59
BMW Miniature Collector!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E38 735i SE Individual

Hi all,

Can you all please be respectful to each other whatever your views.

Please refresh yourselves of the forum rules, specifically the ones in the below thread:

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1952844

Thanks, Mani

Visit my (mainly) BMW gallery http://jetone.co.uk
Appreciate 4
Pauloxxi339.00
sygazelle11457.00
Wires1657.50
      10-01-2022, 08:25 AM   #50
Solidjake
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Poland
Rep
Drives: '13 328i Msport 6MT

Sorry to hear about the car OP (if you come back)

I do agree with Gazelle 100%. Even google maps gives you directions with a turn leaving the boat ramp.

Apex SM-10/DWS06+ | 400m/X-ice Xi3 | Injen Exhaust | Stoptech SS Lines | 335 Front Brakes
Hawk HPS 5.0 | RBF600 | ER Charge Pipes | Wagner Evo Comp 2 FMIC
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2022, 12:20 PM   #51
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosdani View Post
Long straightaway, followed by a sudden 110 degree turn, with no sign being there (supposedly, it got taken out by prior accidents)...

Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin

The long straightaway is less than a 1/4 mile (1275 feet). The sudden turn is a regular sweeping 90 degree on a double center line marked 2-lane country road coming from a boat ramp. While possibly not signed, it was well-lit by a bright street light right over the turn as is shown in the OP's original post.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2022, 01:15 PM   #52
Fliplegend
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435ix F33

Just want to add that nobody forced OP to post. Anything you put on the internet, that's a choice you make. If you are old enough to own a BMW, you should already know how the internet behaves. Don't get your panties in a bunch because in the end, you didn't have to post it or he could have just asked about bumper replacement questions without giving the whole backstory. Getting mad because you got called out isn't going to make the situation better.
Solidjake947.00
WDE82816.00
      10-05-2022, 01:56 PM   #53
MidtownMike
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 LCI 320i M-Sport Shado

I wonder where the stereotype comes from that BMW owners are assholes...

Just let a man enjoy and drive his car like he stole it. He crashed it, swallows it up and is looking for advice. Don't be a self-righteous jerk.
Appreciate 2
      10-05-2022, 02:58 PM   #54
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani59 View Post
Hi all,

Can you all please be respectful to each other whatever your views.

Please refresh yourselves of the forum rules, specifically the ones in the below thread:

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1952844

Thanks, Mani
Why the moderator posted this and did not lock this thread is beyond my comprehension.

10-05-2022, 06:11 PM   #55
schnellwagen
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 330i SULEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidtownMike View Post

Just let a man enjoy and drive his car like he stole it. He crashed it, swallows it up and is looking for advice. Don't be a self-righteous jerk.
I genuinely believe that the stereotype comes from the fact that BMW's models start at slightly above the average car price and go all the way to multiples of the average car price. People are more likely to notice/get angry at a jerk in an expensive car compared to the clapped out 2006 Altima tearing past you at Mach Jesus.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2022, 12:04 AM   #56
WDE82
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Dude blamed the road. What part of that do you not get?
      10-11-2022, 12:57 AM   #57
MidtownMike
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
IDGAF if he blamed the spaghetti monster in the sky... What is the added value of being judgemental and flaming a guy who crashed his car and who asks a question about replacement parts?
Appreciate 1
Pauloxxi339.00
      10-11-2022, 02:00 PM   #58
WDE82
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
IDGAF if he blamed the spaghetti monster in the sky... What is the added value of being judgemental and flaming a guy who crashed his car and who asks a question about replacement parts?
We've already gone over this.
      10-11-2022, 02:22 PM   #59
MidtownMike
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I responded to you regurgitating that he blamed the road. Something that had been mentioned multiple times. Interesting turn of events that now supposedly I am the one digging up skeletons.

Boohoo he blamed the road!! Let's all get our torches and pitchforks!!!

Last edited by MidtownMike; 10-11-2022 at 02:30 PM..
Appreciate 1
Pauloxxi339.00
      10-11-2022, 06:04 PM   #60
WDE82
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I responded to you regurgitating that he blamed the road. Something that had been mentioned multiple times. Interesting turn of events that now supposedly I am the one digging up skeletons.

Boohoo he blamed the road!! Let's all get our torches and pitchforks!!!
He says while getting out his torches and pitchforks for some metaphysical argument about something that concluded weeks ago.
      10-11-2022, 06:50 PM   #61
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
He says while getting out his torches and pitchforks for some metaphysical argument about something that concluded weeks ago.
Dude!! Are you really that big of an idiot?! You’re the one who came back into the thread and started commenting again after the thread had been quiet for five days.

Last edited by tturedraider; 10-11-2022 at 08:43 PM..
Appreciate 1
Pauloxxi339.00
      10-11-2022, 06:59 PM   #62
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
Why the moderator posted this and did not lock this thread is beyond my comprehension.

The moderator posted a link to the rules. Just for the fun of it, I clicked the link and reread the rules since its been a long time since I'd done that.

After refreshing my understanding of the forum rules, I took the time to read back through each and every post in this thread.

Many of the posts were sympathetic to the OP and nobody was disrespectful to the OP that I could see. There were those who called me and others out for judging the OP and trying to get him to admit he was partly at fault. For that, I am surely guilty. The OP took zero blame and provided proof that the accident was his own fault. It's very hard to pass up commenting on that. But, in no time was I, or any other poster, overly disrespectful (meaning more so than virtually any other off-topic thread), and nobody called the OP names. Mostly, we felt bad that he hurt his car, we were glad that he was okay, and we could not reconcile the difference between what he said happened and the photos he himself provided. Bottom line: I did see a single post that abused the stated rules of this forum, except for the OP himself!

Here are a few of his choice comments: Why is it that guys online feel the need to validate their opinions using knowledge they do not possess?

You sound ridiculous.

Grow up man.

Now the Fucking bimmer forum is full of accident scene investigators. I give up. I'll go fuck my self. I hate the car enthusiast community. I really do. It's a shame. ….
And then there are the few inbreds that just over ride the good.

So, if the thread is to be shut down for rule breaking, then that's on the OP as far as I can see. The rest of us were actually sympathetic to his situation, glad he was okay, and asking questions related to the difference between his story and his photos.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2022, 09:44 PM   #63
WDE82
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Dude!! Are you really that big of an idiot?! You're the one who came back into the thread and started commenting again after the thread had been quiet for five days.
Keep posting in a thread you want closed.
      10-11-2022, 10:30 PM   #64
Pauloxxi
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
Quote:

The moderator posted a link to the rules. Just for the fun of it, I clicked the link and reread the rules since its been a long time since I'd done that.

After refreshing my understanding of the forum rules, I took the time to read back through each and every post in this thread.

Many of the posts were sympathetic to the OP and nobody was disrespectful to the OP that I could see. There were those who called me and others out for judging the OP and trying to get him to admit he was partly at fault. For that, I am surely guilty. The OP took zero blame and provided proof that the accident was his own fault. It's very hard to pass up commenting on that. But, in no time was I, or any other poster, overly disrespectful (meaning more so than virtually any other off-topic thread), and nobody called the OP names. Mostly, we felt bad that he hurt his car, we were glad that he was okay, and we could not reconcile the difference between what he said happened and the photos he himself provided. Bottom line: I did see a single post that abused the stated rules of this forum, except for the OP himself!

Here are a few of his choice comments: Why is it that guys online feel the need to validate their opinions using knowledge they do not possess?

You sound ridiculous.

Grow up man.

Now the Fucking bimmer forum is full of accident scene investigators. I give up. I'll go fuck my self. I hate the car enthusiast community. I really do. It's a shame. ….

So, if the thread is to be shut down for rule breaking, then that's on the OP as far as I can see. The rest of us were actually sympathetic to his situation, glad he was okay, and asking questions related to the difference between his story and his photos.
Sorry, but you reread after the moderator "cleaned" about 1/2 dozen of posts from individual(s) that we're saying all sort of things and disrespectful not only to the OP, but other members as well. So your view is not complete of the whole list of events here.
Again… nobody here has to confess or tell things he doesn't want. Not sure when the BMW forum became a place for judgement and crime scene investigation.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2022, 11:07 PM   #65
WDE82
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You sound ridiculous.

Grow up man.

Sorry, but you reread after the moderator "cleaned" about 1/2 dozen of posts from individual(s) that we're saying all sort of things and disrespectful not only to the OP, but other members as well. So your view is not complete of the whole list of events here.
Again… nobody here has to confess or tell things he doesn't want. Not sure when the BMW forum became a place for judgement and crime scene investigation.
You're about to earn your own Beat A Dead Horse Award.
      10-12-2022, 07:58 AM   #66
Pauloxxi
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You sound ridiculous.

Grow up man.

You're about to earn your own Beat A Dead Horse Award.
We share the same. Don't you think?
However so far you posted 11, while I did 5.
Seems you beat the horse much more.
Appreciate 0