F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Battery discharging saga 2015 328i x drive
Extreme Powerhouse

05-15-2024, 04:32 PM   #1
ral488484
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i xdrive

Battery discharging saga 2015 328i x drive

What happend..

Had the battery discharging while stopped message on my dash. It was was on my car for a bit and had no issues. Was driving enough to recharge the battery everyday so I never broke down due to the parasitic drain. Recently I was driving to work and my stopped working and said it was getting hot . Now I didn’t continue to drive it and had it towed . Now once I plugged in the Foxwell 510 I got the U019F code. Which basically means my water pump needs to be replaced.

Now I’ve been doing some research and apparently the water pump alternator ibs cable and battery all run along the same current or circuit. So I decided to check the alternator with a tester and my alternator is bad. Was probably causing the parasitic drain. So I’m replacing the battery and alternator today. I might replace the battery cables as well if afterwards I still have a parasitic drain. Also I noticed on my positive cable is burnt alittle. Also my fuses are all good as I checked them all .

Questions .

Should I replace the positive cable if blackened like that? Picture attached

If the parasitic drain doesn’t go away would you change the ibs cable next ? ( didn’t change because I heard they rarely go bad)

Lastly,

If the alternator and battery fix the parasitic drain is their a possibility the water pump works and is fine? My water pump is electric and since I have and eletrical issue maybe that’s why it stopped working… or will I def need to replace it? Once I replace the battery and alternator going to run tests with the foxwell 510 to see if the relays and sensors are all working
Attached Images

Appreciate 0