F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Fitting MPBBK to factory F32???
Extreme Powerhouse

10-07-2019, 01:58 AM   #1
Evangoz
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F32

Fitting MPBBK to factory F32???

Hi guys im very new to this so forgive me ahead for any stupid questions.
So im trying to upgrade my factory 1 pot pistons (both rear and front very base grey ones) to either the MPBBK or the x35i base brake (a cheaper brake upgrade option). Since ill be changing the front calipers from 1 pot to 4 pots and bigger rotors,pads, etc. I have a few questions:

1. Is it possible to just purchase a BBK and bolt it on the on the original caliper slots, change the rotors/pads/covers,etc. since i know the stock ones are small as hell and the new ones are bigger or is it impossible to do?

2. If a swap is possible, I know some people who upgraded theirs to the MPBBK suggested coding after but can you do that in any dealerships? Or local mechanics and DIYs are an option?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Evangoz; 10-07-2019 at 02:10 AM.. Reason: Grammar
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 06:46 AM   #2
oceanview
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 335i F31 RWD Autom.

Hi

Maybe my old post could help a bit:
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=858607

You look at the MPBBK? So you talk about 370mm front rotor and 345mm rear rotor.
Be aware that you need wheels that clear the caliper (most OEM 18" wheels will do so)
Naturally also in winter tire setup you need such rims.

- Any caliper will mount to the damper mounting points. No adapter needed. However a caliper always fits only one rotor size. Make sure you get the right caliper for the right rotor.
Which is not a problem for the MPBBK calipers (yellow, red, orange) as they only fit 370 front / 345 rear rotor. But there are two versions of the blue front caliper. One is for 370 rotor, one for the 340 rotor (see above post).

- The 345mm MPBBK rear rotor is available in two versions. Depending on your car (and according emergency brake) you need either one.
- The dust shields front/rear should also be replaced depending on current rotor size. (which is a bit more work to do on the rear brake, as you have to dismount the emergency brake to change the dust shield)

Qualified brake bleeding and coding is needed. Coding can be done by any good coder in a few minutes. Naturally also at the dealer.
335i F31 RWD in SB || Powertrain: Active Autowerke Flash Tune Stage 1 | AA Charge Pipe | AA FMIC | GFB DV+ | xHD Trans-Flash | Quaife LSD | Cyba 3.5" Carbon tips || Chassis: 20" 405M | Wiechers Strut Bar | Rear M-Diffusor || Brakes: 18" M-Perf Brake orange 370/345 | EBC YellowStuff pads all around || Various: LED bulbs: Fog-L. front | Turn Signal f&r | Brake L. | Reverse L. | Rear L. | Rear Fog L.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 11:16 AM   #3
Evangoz
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F32

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanview View Post
Hi

Maybe my old post could help a bit:
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=858607

You look at the MPBBK? So you talk about 370mm front rotor and 345mm rear rotor.
Be aware that you need wheels that clear the caliper (most OEM 18" wheels will do so)
Naturally also in winter tire setup you need such rims.

- Any caliper will mount to the damper mounting points. No adapter needed. However a caliper always fits only one rotor size. Make sure you get the right caliper for the right rotor.
Which is not a problem for the MPBBK calipers (yellow, red, orange) as they only fit 370 front / 345 rear rotor. But there are two versions of the blue front caliper. One is for 370 rotor, one for the 340 rotor (see above post).

- The 345mm MPBBK rear rotor is available in two versions. Depending on your car (and according emergency brake) you need either one.
- The dust shields front/rear should also be replaced depending on current rotor size. (which is a bit more work to do on the rear brake, as you have to dismount the emergency brake to change the dust shield)

Qualified brake bleeding and coding is needed. Coding can be done by any good coder in a few minutes. Naturally also at the dealer.

I just got a 19" 442m wheels from a friend i think i should be good, very informative post by the way, thanks alot!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 01:41 PM   #4
Logicoeur
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 335i xDrive

The 370mm MSport/Performance calipers also are fitted, as is, for the F8x as a stock package. Albeit with 380mm and 370mm in the f&r of those applications. The larger diameter in those rotors is accounted for by the placement of the mount on the upright. All the 4pot Brembo calipers use the same pads, regardless of rotor size.
F30 335iX | Remus Axleback | Fabspeed Catted DP | VRSF Comp IC | 18X9 ET35 19lb MT1 | 255/40/18 ECS | Ohlins RT Millway Street | Millway Control Arm Bushings | Turner Endlinks | TMH 75mm 14x1.5 Studs | BMW MPerf LSD | XDelete | Pipercross Filter | MHD Stg2 93
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 04:53 PM   #5
InceptionBW
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92

Can the 4-piston stock for 340mm rotor work with 370mm rotor?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 07:24 PM   #6
Logicoeur
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by InceptionBW View Post
Can the 4-piston stock for 340mm rotor work with 370mm rotor?
If you make a custom adapter, yes.
F30 335iX | Remus Axleback | Fabspeed Catted DP | VRSF Comp IC | 18X9 ET35 19lb MT1 | 255/40/18 ECS | Ohlins RT Millway Street | Millway Control Arm Bushings | Turner Endlinks | TMH 75mm 14x1.5 Studs | BMW MPerf LSD | XDelete | Pipercross Filter | MHD Stg2 93
Appreciate 0