F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > 340i / 440i (B58) BMW M Performance Power and Sound Kit (MPPSK) Official Release
GetBMWParts

10-30-2023, 02:55 PM   #1541
MoeTE87
OHIO STATE
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i

Garage List
I put mine on the plastic engine cover when I had my F30.
      11-07-2023, 11:29 PM   #1542
warpaint340
Private First Class
Philippines
Rep
Drives: Moonstone F80 M3 6MT

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
having a weird issue with my MPPSK… brought the car home yesterday after putting it all back to stock for a part out and valves worked fine. On my commute today I put it into sport to open the valves and they didn’t open.

I forced the valves open with an MHD+ feature and they opened just fine, so I know the actuators work. I switch it back to the “OEM” setting for the valves in MHD after my drive and it’s stuck open even switching to comfort. I have the option checked in MHD where it opens the valves automatically in sport. I’m assuming it’s an issue with MHD since they updated the app while my car was in the shop. Either way it’s annoying and overcomplicated the valve operation. Even having the “sport = valves open” option checked in the flash settings it doesn’t open
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2023, 01:15 AM   #1543
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW F36

Remove that option! Others complained from that too! You should not need “always open in sport” option as this is the factory default!
      11-12-2023, 11:12 PM   #1544
warpaint340
Private First Class
Philippines
Rep
Drives: Moonstone F80 M3 6MT

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhigh View Post
Remove that option! Others complained from that too! You should not need “always open in sport” option as this is the factory default!
Fixed. Previously my valves would open as long as I blipped the throttle in sport, even when the car was off which was nice. Guess I forgot this is how it really was
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2023, 01:19 AM   #1545
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep

So what fixed it?
      03-07-2024, 01:23 PM   #1546
MichaelNRW
B58 Power
Rep
Drives: 05/2022 M340i xDrive Touring

Garage List
Quote:
I can provide the official German Teilegutachten document for the MPPSK
Can you please send me the document?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 12:25 AM   #1547
evilgrim
Rep
Drives: 440i

After 1 week of having the mppsk, my valves stay closed even in sport and sport+. Not sure what happened but I noticed the sound is much quieter after one week and when I check both valves stay close in sport mode.
Taking it back to the dealership tomorrow to let them have a look. Has anyone experience this before?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 12:56 AM   #1548
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep

Yes. With one valve. Discovered it several months after install. It was the electrical connector to the valve which was not plugged in properly and lost connection.

In your case it is either both connectors or, more likely, the other end of the wiring (single point of failure).
      Yesterday, 01:28 AM   #1549
evilgrim
Rep

Quote:
Yes. With one valve. Discovered it several months after install. It was the electrical connector to the valve which was not plugged in properly and lost connection.

In your case it is either both connectors or, more likely, the other end of the wiring (single point of failure).
Thanks, was it a simple replug it fix for you?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 02:28 AM   #1550
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep

It was a simple "push connector in until it clicks" solution, done in 4 seconds.
      Yesterday, 01:24 PM   #1551
evilgrim
Rep

So the service advisor said it's normal behavior after the break-in period of the exhaust. The sound is much tuned down now. The valves only open when throttle in high rpm. Not like the stock exhaust that you can manually open the valve when changing to sport mode. They didn't bring the car in to take a look.
Does that sounds right?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 01:45 PM   #1552
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep

Not at all!! Complete... and I mean COMPLETE BS!! They simply sent you back!

1. If anything, after the break-in period the exhaust gets even louder (not significantly, but some notice a development; I never did as it turned out one of my valves was closed for months)
2. The control of the valves is UNCHANGED from stock!! Meaning: In Comfort they open above 4000 RPM and close below that. In Sport and Sport+ - they open immediately after you hit the throttle for the first time and stay open until you shut down or go into Comfort / Eco-pro.

MPPSK does NOT change the control of the valves in any way! The only difference is now you have two valves instead of one (which are controlled in parallel, not individually).

Check your wiring. I bet you will find it disconnected somewhere - either at both valves or on the other end. Another option is that it got damaged and cut-off somewhere if it was not installed properly, but this is rather unlikely.
      Today, 12:36 AM   #1553
evilgrim
Rep

After spending all afternoon trying to get the valves open I finally went under to check the wires and bingo one of the wire is severely damaged. Will show up at the dealership tomorrow to address this with the service advisor.
Appreciate 1
Skyhigh1906.50
      Today, 12:55 AM   #1554
eff32fl
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i M Sport THP MPPSK

The valves don't always open all the way even in Sport/+ mode (during normal operation and with working valves). I use Bimmerlink to force open the valves. A hardware valve controller is a better option though.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 03:08 AM   #1555
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eff32fl View Post
The valves don't always open all the way even in Sport/+ mode (during normal operation and with working valves). I use Bimmerlink to force open the valves. A hardware valve controller is a better option though.
They do. They should!
Unlike the G series, in the F series the valves are binary. Either open or closed. There is no middle-stage. You are not doing anything differently with BimmerLink than what you can achieve by switching in Sport. Only additional functionality is that you can open them in Comfort (even below 4000)…. You can actually achieve the same by hitting the DSC button too 😉not sure who would need that though.
      Today, 08:23 AM   #1556
MoeTE87
OHIO STATE
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i

Garage List
I know this might be unrelated but when I had my 2018 F30, I bought the MPPSK exhaust 2nd hand with very low miles and in great condition and I sourced the MPPSK tune from a gentleman over in Europe.

I had the exhaust installed at my friends shop and then had the tune installed at my local BMW dealer, all in the same day.

One thing I noticed at the time was, when ONLY the exhaust was installed, I was not impressed at all with it. Did not sound good.

Once I got the car back from BMW after getting the tune installed, WOW! Talk about a huge difference in sound! I couldn't stop smiling and was sooooo freakin pumped that my car sounded like that!

One thing to note...when we installed the exhaust and turned it on and let the car warm up before revving in comfort and sport/+ we did notice the first time we put the car in sport/+ the valves did not open..not until we blipped the throttle a few times and I remember not having any issues since when I had the car.
      Today, 10:38 AM   #1557
evilgrim
Rep

Quote:
They do. They should!
Unlike the G series, in the F series the valves are binary. Either open or closed. There is no middle-stage. You are not doing anything differently with BimmerLink than what you can achieve by switching in Sport. Only additional functionality is that you can open them in Comfort (even below 4000)…. You can actually achieve the same by hitting the DSC button too 😉not sure who would need that though.
That's what I thought. My stock exhaust was able to open in Sport and I can hear the valve being open when I press sport. But every BMW worker I talked to said you can't control the valve with the driving mode button.
Appreciate 0