F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Broken passenger auto folding mirror, what would you do?
Studio RSR

07-22-2021, 05:21 PM   #1
f304dr
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Broken passenger auto folding mirror, what would you do?

Programmed the auto closing mirrors on my 2013 328xi about a year ago, recently my passenger mirror started squealing and figured it just needed greasing soon I'll wait until oil change. Took it to the mechanic and apparently options are unplug for $40 or replace for $$$...

Dilemma I'm stuck with is mirror would atleast stay open at the right viewing angle and just suffer its motor closing, while trying to troubleshoot the mirror it now folds all the way open facing the street when unlocked and the auto tilt reverse I loved doesnt work... It doesn't have that stop gap that keeps it locked in place anymore...

Appearently I can't even code out the auto close because I didnt make a backup on bimmercode : ( Should I unplug to save the driver side? Will I still be able to adjust the mirror.

Video of the problem

Thanks!
Appreciate 0