F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Folding Mirrors Coding
Studio RSR

06-29-2018, 03:06 PM   #23
CalCarNut
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F36 Jet Black Sport Line

Garage List
Coded my car last night. Took all of about 5min to get the mirrors to open/close with the keyfob. NICE. Tinkered with the brake lights to get them to flash. don't think I've got it done right (yet) but first impressions of Bimmercode is that it's super user friendly to use.
      07-01-2018, 12:10 PM   #24
rlmesq
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zopperman View Post
Yes. You need to code the comfort access timer to 0. I had to change a few other parameters around "comfort closing" and "comfort opening" if I recall correctly.

Try holding the lock button for two seconds and see if that works.
There's one problem with setting comfort closing to zero: you can't disable the alarm by hitting the lock button on the remote a second time. It's usually not a big deal, but if my dog is with me, she triggers the alarm. I set the comfort access delay to one second so there's time for the second click.

(No, I don't leave my dog in the car on hot days... unless I leave the motor and air conditioning running. With comfort access you can take the key and lock the doors when the car is running.)
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2018, 03:47 PM   #25
Zopperman
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 428

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmesq View Post
Quote:
Yes. You need to code the comfort access timer to 0. I had to change a few other parameters around "comfort closing" and "comfort opening" if I recall correctly.

Try holding the lock button for two seconds and see if that works.
There's one problem with setting comfort closing to zero: you can't disable the alarm by hitting the lock button on the remote a second time. It's usually not a big deal, but if my dog is with me, she triggers the alarm. I set the comfort access delay to one second so there's time for the second click.

(No, I don't leave my dog in the car on hot days... unless I leave the motor and air conditioning running. With comfort access you can take the key and lock the doors when the car is running.)
It's not a problem for us peasants without an alarm
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2018, 03:54 PM   #26
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Quote:
With comfort access you can take the key and lock the doors when the car is running.
You can with standard access as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2018, 11:38 AM   #27
rayxi
researcher
Rep
Drives: '15 328i xDrive

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobefair-idontcare View Post
I received the VGate OBD today and downloaded and paid for BimmerCode so when I get some time tomorrow to sit down and go through the app and code a little bit I'll come back and share my experiences.
You made sure to get the Bluetooth version and not the WiFi one, right?
Is there an issue with the WiFi version? That's the one that I have.
      07-02-2018, 12:03 PM   #28
rlmesq
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayxi View Post
See the instructions. The Bluetooth adapter works with Android devices, but I think you need the WiFi version if you're using an Apple device.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2018, 12:25 PM   #29
rayxi
researcher
Rep
Drives: '15 328i xDrive

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayxi View Post
See the instructions. The Bluetooth adapter works with Android devices, but I think you need the WiFi version if you're using an Apple device.
Thanks for confirming. I am using an Apple device. Just wanted to make sure that I wasn't losing any functionality.
      07-02-2018, 02:48 PM   #30
DarkStarBimmer
Colonol Forbin
Rep
Drives: 17' BSM 330i xDrive

Garage List
2017 330i  [0.00]
Maybe it isn't the same for all years but I coded my car with Bimmercode/Vgate and Bluetooth on an Iphone
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2018, 04:16 PM   #31
Zopperman
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 428

I just checked the website again and it looks like it has been updated. The WiFi adapters should work but they are listed as having "unsteady transmission" and it is recommended to use the Bluetooth adapter.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2018, 06:20 PM   #32
tobefair-idontcare
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

Quote:
I just checked the website again and it looks like it has been updated. The WiFi adapters should work but they are listed as having "unsteady transmission" and it is recommended to use the Bluetooth adapter.
I used the Bluetooth adapter on their site's recommendation and it worked great. All in all it cost about $58.00 and took me all of 10 mins to figure it all out and code the car. I would recommend the Bluetooth VGate.
      07-30-2018, 09:56 PM   #33
SalA
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M440I - M4 - GT-R

Gents..I am using the Bimmercode app and Vgate dongle...Coded the “Fold Mirrors when locking the vehicle with Comfort Closing” as active and the message did state that the ECU successful updated. But it is not working either on locking the car or holding down the lock button. Have read that this is a problem on the F32 platform.

Was wondering if someone figured out some solution to this ?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2018, 07:25 PM   #34
emfollin
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i M-sport

I have an f30 and had this problem. You have to either hold the lock button or touch door handle for 1.5 seconds or go back and code the comfort access delay to no delay. I changed to no delay and it works perfectly now.
Appreciate 1
SLOWER309.00
      09-05-2018, 10:52 AM   #35
Milkman670
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i F31 MSport II

I use Carly but I'm sure the process is the same. Some things have to be coded one at a time and in a sequence. Also power off in between writing. I have done folding mirrors, a startup warnings, video in motion, daytime running lights on or off, seat belt chime off and a couple others I can't think of right now.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 01:39 PM   #36
SLOWER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by emfollin View Post
I have an f30 and had this problem. You have to either hold the lock button or touch door handle for 1.5 seconds or go back and code the comfort access delay to no delay. I changed to no delay and it works perfectly now.
Glad I found this. I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure out what I had done wrong.

I actually like the delay now that I understand it. Gives you the option to not fold them if you don't want to.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2019, 06:38 PM   #37
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkman670 View Post
I use Carly but I'm sure the process is the same. Some things have to be coded one at a time and in a sequence. Also power off in between writing. I have done folding mirrors, a startup warnings, video in motion, daytime running lights on or off, seat belt chime off and a couple others I can't think of right now.
Did you have to make changes to get the folding mirrors and closing windows when opening a door to work?
I just tried on an M4 and couldn't get these features to click to active. It shows up but doesn't allow me to activate them.
Thanks!
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2020, 01:04 PM   #38
rob1platt
Rep
Drives: F33 435d xDrive

I’m trying to code the mirrors to open and close on the key fob and have read everything here but I can get the convenience opening to function but cannot get the windows to close with the key fob, nor can I get the mirrors to do anything. Any ideas? I’m using a Vgate iCar pro with Bimmercode.
Appreciate 0