F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > 340i xdrive vs rwd
Extreme Powerhouse

01-22-2021, 07:11 PM   #45
thesampage
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 340i XDrive Msport

I appreciate everyone's responses. To end this thread I just bought an xdrive msport, track handling package, mppsk 340i

I do agree handling is probably more pure with a rwd car, that being said the ability to launch consistently and not have issues in the rain and have more traction powering through corners ultimately made me decide to go awd.

I probably will eventually buy both winter and summer tires and have the ultimate traction in both seasons. In addition since I plan to keep and modify this car, I'd rather be able to put the power down consistently than spin out through third etc.

Since I found an xdrive, Cpo, msport, track handling package AND mppsk car in my budget I just had to jump on it.
Appreciate 1
      01-23-2021, 01:55 PM   #46
DFarhat
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14%C2%92 F30 335, 95%C2%92 E36

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesampage View Post
I appreciate everyone's responses. To end this thread I just bought an xdrive msport, track handling package, mppsk 340i

I do agree handling is probably more pure with a rwd car, that being said the ability to launch consistently and not have issues in the rain and have more traction powering through corners ultimately made me decide to go awd.

I probably will eventually buy both winter and summer tires and have the ultimate traction in both seasons. In addition since I plan to keep and modify this car, I'd rather be able to put the power down consistently than spin out through third etc.

Since I found an xdrive, Cpo, msport, track handling package AND mppsk car in my budget I just had to jump on it.
Didn't see this mentioned anywhere in this thread but I did wanna throw the idea of xdelete out there. I have a 335i xdrive and I used xdelete to be able to switch from awd to rwd. It feels pretty close to the real thing and the ability to switch in less than a minute is pretty cool.

Only costs around $150 and should be compatible with your platform as well. Feels pretty close in terms of being rwd when compared to my e36 m3. Just an idea !
Appreciate 1
      01-23-2021, 03:23 PM   #47
Sigtran
Private
Serbia
Rep
Drives: F30 320d xDrive M-Sport

Garage List
Good luck with new car!

Re: xDelete, yes, it is an option, I am also considering it.

Just waiting a bit more to gets proven a bit, since for F30 it is just ~1yr on market.

I am wondering is xDelete AWD mode as good and reliable as OEM AWD mode since appropriate original SW gets permanently overwritten with xDelete sw by initial flashing, without possibility of backup.

Last edited by Sigtran; 01-25-2021 at 04:27 AM..
Appreciate 1
      02-21-2021, 02:40 AM   #48
Rallysmurf
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 128i / e46 m3 mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesampage View Post

Do you still have the white 128i?
Appreciate 0