F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > Delivery Delays from Halifax
Extreme Powerhouse

03-17-2015, 04:18 PM   #1
DrifterX
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M Sport 6MT+RWD

Garage List
Delivery Delays from Halifax

So I'm hearing and reading that there are delays on shipment of cars from Autoport in Halifax where they store imported vehicles before they get on the train to the dealerships. I was told my car would finally be here this week but it never arrived on the train. Anyone else experiencing a delay in their delivery and have any insight on the whole situation? I hear weather is to blame; there's a lot of snow and ice preventing them to move the vehicles on time.

My car arrived in Halifax on Feb. 25th according to WWL and it's still not here yet

EDIT: I just check WWL and it seems like my car was "DELIVERED FROM" status on March 13th so it was still in Halifax last Friday. Does "DELIVERED FROM" status mean it was loaded onto a train/truck?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2015, 10:02 PM   #2
Dremac
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i M Performance Ed

Garage List
I have been waiting on a car that I was told arrived in Halifax over a month ago... Weather has been the factor i guess... at least thats what they are saying
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2015, 01:20 AM   #3
Nirvanatude
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Here is a bit about this situation in the news

http://thechronicleherald.ca/busines...s-for-autoport

My car is waiting in Halifax for the last two weeks. My CA won't commit on a delivery date yet as he is not sure when the car will get moving.

2015 435xi GC: AW on CR, Premium, Executive, M Performance I
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2015, 01:31 AM   #4
Nirvanatude
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrifterX View Post
EDIT: I just check WWL and it seems like my car was "DELIVERED FROM" status on March 13th so it was still in Halifax last Friday. Does "DELIVERED FROM" status mean it was loaded onto a train/truck?
Do you see that status after it was "Liner Release"?
I wonder why WWL would still be tracking the car after it has been released.

Appreciate 0
      03-18-2015, 01:47 AM   #5
Nirvanatude
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

and another snowstorm hitting the east coast right now with about 30cm of snow will be dumped around Halifax region. This is only going to make it worse

Appreciate 0
      03-18-2015, 09:18 AM   #6
steve@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: 2020 G20 320i M Sport

Garage List
Mine was ordered last month and I got the VIN a few days ago so I don't think it has left Germany as of yet.

If they're still getting storms over there, I'm more worried about my car sitting in the snow for a long period of time as opposed to the delay. They mentioned that I can expect delivery around late April to early May.

Hope your cars get over here soon.
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2015, 11:09 AM   #7
DrifterX
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Here are a couple other articles... not looking good for new cars that arrived in the last month. Cars coming in past March 12th have been re-routed to the US somewhere meaning they won't be coming in from Halifax, I bet people will get these cars before the cars stuck in Halifax. And yes, another storm is said to hit the Nova Scotia
Autoport Halifax closed as of March 12: http://www.2wglobal.com/support/noti...ue-to-weather/
Supply chain issues in Halifax: http://blog.kinaxis.com/2015/03/do-y...-snowed-under/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvanatude View Post
Here is a bit about this situation in the news

http://thechronicleherald.ca/busines...s-for-autoport

My car is waiting in Halifax for the last two weeks. My CA won't commit on a delivery date yet as he is not sure when the car will get moving.
My agent doesn't know when my car is going to arrive either...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvanatude View Post
Do you see that status after it was "Liner Release"?
I wonder why WWL would still be tracking the car after it has been released.
Yes, it was in "LINER RELEASE" status on Feb. 26th! Then it went into "DELIVERED FROM" status on Mar. 13th... as far as I know, the "DELIVERED FROM" status is the final stage for WWL tracking. I just don't know what it means exactly... I wonder if it means my vehicle was temporarily stored elsewhere under WWL's custody.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2015, 11:10 AM   #8
DrifterX
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aritaurus View Post
Mine was ordered last month and I got the VIN a few days ago so I don't think it has left Germany as of yet.

If they're still getting storms over there, I'm more worried about my car sitting in the snow for a long period of time as opposed to the delay. They mentioned that I can expect delivery around late April to early May.

Hope your cars get over here soon.
Yeah, you still have around 4 weeks until it reaches North America depending on when it leaves Germany. I doubt it'll come through Halifax due to their backlog of cars though.

And thanks! It'll be 6 months on March 25th since I ordered the car so a few more weeks shouldn't be too bad... I hope lol (yes, I ordered the car on Sept. 25th, 2014... long story)

Last edited by DrifterX; 03-18-2015 at 11:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 09:17 AM   #9
Zee Dgerman
Lead, follow, or get out of my way
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 Audi S3

hey guys,

My M4 arrived from a ship named TOSCA yesterday in Halifax. Anyone has any idea what's going on there as of today?

I was hoping to get the car by march 29th (in MTL) but reading that most people's car are weeks late i'm not that optimistic anymore, plus I'm a little worried about my car being stranded under feet of ice and snow.
      03-19-2015, 09:27 AM   #10
DrifterX
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee Dgerman View Post
hey guys,

My M4 arrived from a ship named TOSCA yesterday in Halifax. Anyone has any idea what's going on there as of today?

I was hoping to get the car by march 29th (in MTL) but reading that most people's car are weeks late i'm not that optimistic anymore, plus I'm a little worried about my car being stranded under feet of ice and snow.
I highly doubt you'll get it by March 29th because last I read, they were re-routing vessels going to Halifax to elsewhere. TOSCA is listed as one of the vessels that may be impacted... are you sure it's in Halifax?
http://www.2wglobal.com/support/noti...ue-to-weather/

If it's indeed in Halifax, there are a lot of other cars that have been there prior to your car. I wonder if they plan on shipping incoming cars first, before the cars that are stuck... Keep us posted!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 09:34 AM   #11
Zee Dgerman
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I highly doubt you'll get it by March 29th because last I read, they were re-routing vessels going to Halifax to elsewhere. TOSCA is listed as one of the vessels that may be impacted... are you sure it's in Halifax?
http://www.2wglobal.com/support/noti...ue-to-weather/

If it's indeed in Halifax, there are a lot of other cars that have been there prior to your car. I wonder if they plan on shipping incoming cars first, before the cars that are stuck... Keep us posted!

I will. According to my tracking TOSCA had 2 stops in Halifax, it is currently going to its second stop. if it does stop, that means it will deliver cars, or else it would have gone to NY directly IMO.
      03-19-2015, 09:49 AM   #12
DrifterX
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I will. According to my tracking TOSCA had 2 stops in Halifax, it is currently going to its second stop. if it does stop, that means it will deliver cars, or else it would have gone to NY directly IMO.
That's good, I guess other ships may not be impacted as Figaro was. I hope we don't have to wait much longer for our cars
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 09:52 AM   #13
Zee Dgerman
Canada
Rep

Quote:
That's good, I guess other ships may not be impacted as Figaro was. I hope we don't have to wait much longer for our cars

I hear ya brother, I'm getting impatient. But I can't drive it anyway, it's still cold and snowy here, so hopefully by the time it gets here it will be spring at last :-)
      03-19-2015, 09:58 AM   #14
DrifterX
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I hear ya brother, I'm getting impatient. But I can't drive it anyway, it's still cold and snowy here, so hopefully by the time it gets here it will be spring at last :-)
Hahaha, very true, winter doesn't want to leave this year. I've got performance tires on mine as well, would suck to use them in this weather.

Luckily I'll be in Austin next week for a business trip to keep me occupied, I just hope to see it as soon as I get back.
Appreciate 1
      03-19-2015, 09:00 PM   #15
stopbeingabozo
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 428I 2015

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah, you still have around 4 weeks until it reaches North America depending on when it leaves Germany. I doubt it'll come through Halifax due to their backlog of cars though.

And thanks! It'll be 6 months on March 25th since I ordered the car so a few more weeks shouldn't be too bad... I hope lol (yes, I ordered the car on Sept. 25th, 2014... long story)
I can relate Drifter... I ordered the same car as you did on Aug 20th and got it on Dec 31. A little more than 4 months. All that due to the fact that I wanted a manual transmission. Hang in there !!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 09:02 PM   #16
stopbeingabozo
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stopbeingabozo View Post
I can relate Drifter... I ordered the same car as you did on Aug 20th and got it on Dec 31. A little more than 4 months. All that due to the fact that I wanted a manual transmission. Hang in there !!
I got the coupe, not the GC.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 07:30 AM   #17
steve@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: 2020 G20 320i M Sport

Garage List
Wow, it usually takes 4 months to order a new car? I just went to the dealer, told them what I wanted and they were able to amend one of their existing F23 orders to my spec and told me to wait until April.

You guys have patience.

By the way, I checked my VIN on bmwvin.com and the production date is still 0001-01-01 which means it hasn't left the factory yet. Assuming that the weather conditions are still bad and my vehicle is manufactured in late March, does that mean it will likely bypass Halifax?
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 11:16 AM   #18
DrifterX
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Wow, it usually takes 4 months to order a new car? I just went to the dealer, told them what I wanted and they were able to amend one of their existing F23 orders to my spec and told me to wait until April.

You guys have patience.

By the way, I checked my VIN on bmwvin.com and the production date is still 0001-01-01 which means it hasn't left the factory yet. Assuming that the weather conditions are still bad and my vehicle is manufactured in late March, does that mean it will likely bypass Halifax?
I don't think it'll bypass Halifax if it's scheduled to leave Germany at the end of March. The notice linked in my previous post was for a specific vessel and possible future vessels.

Regarding amendments of vehicles... I was told that because I wanted a manual + RWD, it was much more difficult for them to amend as most if not all of their vehicles are xDrive (non-M cars of course). I didn't know anything about their process back then; looking back I should have just gotten my deposit back at that point... oh well, live n learn
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 11:20 AM   #19
DrifterX
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stopbeingabozo View Post
Good to know I'm not the only one who had to wait for a manual car, I'm sure it was all worth the wait though

My SA told me that my car is scheduled to arrive today but I'm not holding my breath because he told me it would arrive on Monday too . Either way I'm going to have to wait, I won't be able to take delivery until I get back from my trip next weekend.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2015, 08:02 AM   #20
stopbeingabozo
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

You guys have patience.

It took a little more than 4 months but I got exactly what I wanted. Considering I keep my cars for a very long time, I'd rather wait. I could have gotten a 428 Xdrive with automatic transmission at the beginning of October(order placed on Aug 20) but it wouldn't be as fun + the wife would have wanted to drive it half the time and I'b stuck with her Rav4.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2015, 08:21 PM   #21
Nirvanatude
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Because your vehicle is most likely to be delivered very soon and it takes about 7-10 days for it to get to Toronto form Halifax I would agree with your original assumption that 'Delivered From' could mean released for train/truck transportation.

My status on WWL changed to 'Delivered From' on 03/18 so hoping for a sooner delivery although I have port installed accessories which may delay it.

Quote:
Yes, it was in "LINER RELEASE" status on Feb. 26th! Then it went into "DELIVERED FROM" status on Mar. 13th... as far as I know, the "DELIVERED FROM" status is the final stage for WWL tracking. I just don't know what it means exactly... I wonder if it means my vehicle was temporarily stored elsewhere under WWL's custody.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2015, 08:24 PM   #22
Nirvanatude
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Usually I believe it takes 8-10 weeks but major reason for this delay is the bad weather in Halifax and supply chain issues with CN Rail.
Quote:

You guys have patience.

Appreciate 0