F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Brake fluid change - NOT!
proTUNING Freaks

03-09-2022, 01:24 PM   #67
Pobsey
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 F31 330d / 2010 e87 118d

Update,
Can’t send me a link to the cctv and I live an hour from the dealers, having spent 3 hours there today for mot and rear shock absorber
They’ve now agreed to change the brake fluid again foc
I’ll take that as a win although it’ll cost me two hours travelling and the diesel
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 02:13 PM   #68
ian332isport
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i Shadow Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennoch View Post
I do wonder how many of their techs actually think to do the outer one given the standard procedure is different to the M Sport one.
They know exactly what they're doing. It's all driven by bonuses. More cars they process in a day, the more money they get. I suspect this little 'shortcut' is rife in most dealers.

My F31 340i is my first (and possibly only) brand new car. I always intended to maintain a full BMW service history, but this has totally changed my view. Apart from warranty work, where I don't have an option, mine will never see the inside of a dealer workshop again. I simply can't trust them to do what they're being paid (a lot) to do, or treat the car with the care they should.

When mine was in for the fluid change, it also had the drivers seat base leather cover replaced under warranty. When I got the car back, I found scratches in the plastic B pillar trim where the seat had been dragged across it. Because of all the grief with the calipers, I couldn't be arsed to argue with them over it, so just bought a new piece of trim.

When you feel you have to inspect the car for damage after a dealer visit, I think it says it all.

Pobsey - Glad you got a resolution in the end. Don't expect an apology or any acknowledgment that they did anything wrong.

I also requested video footage of mine, but only got a screen grab showing someone working behind one of the front wheels. This was apparently proof they did the job. They had nothing to show anyone working on the outer nipples.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 02:17 PM   #69
Pobsey
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 F31 330d / 2010 e87 118d

Completely agree, in my email I said all I want is to pay for work that's needed and for that to carried out correctly all of this proving I'm right gets old really quickly and it takes the shine off car ownership
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2022, 04:54 PM   #70
jenshb
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i MSport

I share your experience Ian. When I had my car in to the local dealer to swap the winter wheels for summers, I noticed a dent in the bonnet on the driver's side - right on the crease line where you would expect the metal to be strong. Unfortunately, this a couple of days after picking up the car, so I couldn't prove it had happened at the dealers. When I had the summers swapped for winters I knew that I would have to inspect the car, and before I even moved it, I went back and dragged the customer adviser out to look at the car. Of course she didn't admit liability, because "they had fully trained technicians", and she couldn't see how that damage had occurred. Well, all I know is that that dent wasn't there (again on the crease line of the bonnet, but on the passenger side this time) when I handed the keys over in the morning. I always like having a clean car when I deliver it for a service and maintenance, so had washed and dried it the day before. In the end, the dealer accepted that they would get it fixed as a matter of good will, but did not accept liability.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2022, 07:02 PM   #71
SantaEugence
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 330d xDrive Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenshb View Post
I share your experience Ian. When I had my car in to the local dealer to swap the winter wheels for summers, I noticed a dent in the bonnet on the driver's side - right on the crease line where you would expect the metal to be strong. Unfortunately, this a couple of days after picking up the car, so I couldn't prove it had happened at the dealers. When I had the summers swapped for winters I knew that I would have to inspect the car, and before I even moved it, I went back and dragged the customer adviser out to look at the car. Of course she didn't admit liability, because "they had fully trained technicians", and she couldn't see how that damage had occurred. Well, all I know is that that dent wasn't there (again on the crease line of the bonnet, but on the passenger side this time) when I handed the keys over in the morning. I always like having a clean car when I deliver it for a service and maintenance, so had washed and dried it the day before. In the end, the dealer accepted that they would get it fixed as a matter of good will, but did not accept liability.
I had a dent in the crease line too, about half way to 3/4 up towards the windscreen. Apparently it's a design flaw whereby if the bonnet opens too quickly the way the struts are placed it causes that part to bend. So the BMW body shop tech told me when they fixed mine…
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2022, 03:52 AM   #72
jenshb
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaEugence View Post
I had a dent in the crease line too, about half way to 3/4 up towards the windscreen. Apparently it's a design flaw whereby if the bonnet opens too quickly the way the struts are placed it causes that part to bend. So the BMW body shop tech told me when they fixed mine…
Interesting...why on earth would they need to openthe bonnet for swapping wheels? Anything to do with the "complimentary health check"?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2022, 04:11 AM   #73
Whiteybmw
Rep
Drives: F31 340i Touring Shadow Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaEugence View Post
I have the same dent on the drivers side. I noticed it when the car was about 4 months old. Not sure when it actually happened. I showed it to the dealer and their bodyshop manager as I had googled it and seen many reports of owners with the same issue. The dealer of course assured me they had never heard of it before and said it was likely a branch had fallen on the car but their dent magic person could fix it for £100 circa. I did not bother.
Appreciate 0