F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F34 3-Series GT (Gran Turismo) Forum > New f34 owner noisy parcel shelf
ARMA SPEED

07-23-2018, 07:23 PM   #23
Tribalpinoy911
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F34

I thought noise was my door seals, it wasn't in this instance but the parcel shelf. I knew this by taking a ride in the backseat and pressing down on it made the noise go away. I solved by greasing and pinching the contacts that grab the metal rod piece.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2018, 03:48 AM   #24
MikeMinh
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i GT (F34)

I had a different cause for what sounded like a noisy problem with the parcel shelves.

Near the hinge of rear boot lid is a black plastic part spanning across the entire car width. Meant to give a snug fit between the glass and the body (roof) of car when boot lid is closed. This part is held in place by a good handful of "latches" that fit onto pins. These pins are welded to the car's body. This part can come loose, it did on my GT. Press it back on, for ALL the pins, not just two or three on left and right, and the noise was gone for good.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2018, 01:10 PM   #25
Tribalpinoy911
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F34

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMinh View Post
I had a different cause for what sounded like a noisy problem with the parcel shelves.

Near the hinge of rear boot lid is a black plastic part spanning across the entire car width. Meant to give a snug fit between the glass and the body (roof) of car when boot lid is closed. This part is held in place by a good handful of "latches" that fit onto pins. These pins are welded to the car's body. This part can come loose, it did on my GT. Press it back on, for ALL the pins, not just two or three on left and right, and the noise was gone for good.
Not quite sure to what you are referring to? Take a pic?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2018, 06:54 PM   #26
MikeMinh
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i GT (F34)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribalpinoy911 View Post
Not quite sure to what you are referring to? Take a pic?
Sorry for the late answer, did not see your question any earlier.

Pics attached
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      08-22-2018, 10:04 AM   #27
jubu
United_States
Rep
Drives: F34 328i xDrive GT

Hate to digress a bit on this thread, but does anyone know the part number for the little "pegs" or "pins" that hold the front parcel shelf piece in place? I noticed I am missing one and a search on BMW diagrams isn't really turning up something that I'm confident is the piece I need. There are 4 of these pins/pegs in use for the front parcel shelf.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2018, 11:16 AM   #28
Skald
Private
Hungary
Rep
Drives: '16 F34 320d luxury

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubu View Post
Hate to digress a bit on this thread, but does anyone know the part number for the little "pegs" or "pins" that hold the front parcel shelf piece in place? I noticed I am missing one and a search on BMW diagrams isn't really turning up something that I'm confident is the piece I need. There are 4 of these pins/pegs in use for the front parcel shelf.

Thanks!
I'm not sure what you need. Is it in the luggage compartment trim panel ( https://www.etkbmw.com/bmw/EN/search...47/ECE/51_8968 ) or in the shelf itself ( https://www.etkbmw.com/bmw/EN/search...47/ECE/51_9152 ) ?

Is it the part that comes out from the two "holes" in each trim panel?
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2018, 03:52 PM   #29
jubu
United_States
Rep
Drives: F34 328i xDrive GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skald View Post
I'm not sure what you need. Is it in the luggage compartment trim panel ( https://www.etkbmw.com/bmw/EN/search...47/ECE/51_8968 ) or in the shelf itself ( https://www.etkbmw.com/bmw/EN/search...47/ECE/51_9152 ) ?

Is it the part that comes out from the two "holes" in each trim panel?
Yes--it is the part that comes out from the holes in each trim panel. The trim panel you can remove doesn't hold them, they just have areas to snap into them. The pins or pegs stay attached to the side trim/rails. I noticed one was missing the other day--I guess I will try to see if the dealer will get me one free of charge when i bring it in next.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2018, 12:38 AM   #30
Skald
Private
Hungary
Rep
Drives: '16 F34 320d luxury

Quote:
Yes--it is the part that comes out from the holes in each trim panel. The trim panel you can remove doesn't hold them, they just have areas to snap into them. The pins or pegs stay attached to the side trim/rails. I noticed one was missing the other day--I guess I will try to see if the dealer will get me one free of charge when i bring it in next.
I can't find the part number for that... good luck with the dealer! keep us updated : )
Appreciate 1
      04-10-2021, 10:10 AM   #31
Guitarded
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i GT xDrive (‘15)

Quote:
Hey Jubu, realise this is a very old thread, how did you get on with the dealer here? I need a couple of new pegs.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2022, 12:43 AM   #32
Def@st
Italy
Rep
Drives: F34 LCI 320d GT xDrive Msport

I just bought a F34 LCI 320d xDrive Msport and I'm experiencing the same "rattle" noise coming from the rear shelf area.
I will check the metal clips as you suggested.
If it will not work, for the moment i will try to put some polyurethane foam strips all around the shelf and see what happens.

I will let you know.
Appreciate 0