F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Coding to disable cornering lights (fog lights) but keep adaptive xenon functionality
proTUNING Freaks

07-08-2018, 08:22 PM   #1
chuckles01
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i Sport, 6M

Coding to disable cornering lights (fog lights) but keep adaptive xenon functionality

I've been searching online for an answer to this with no avail. I have factory adaptive xenons, and when the headlights are on "auto," the headlights swivel with turns and the fog light on the side of the turn also turns on (cornering lights). I want to code out the fog light cornering lights, but still want to retain the adaptive headlight functionality. Does anyone know if this is possible via coding? There were a few threads discussing this but none of them seemed to have a definitive answer, or at least one that worked for me.

Using the coding cheat sheet, I disabled all 6 codes listed, but while that disabled the cornering lights as intended, it also disabled the adaptive headlight functionality. One of the threads mentioned to just disable the "C_CLC_ENA" and "C_BLC_ENA", but that also disables adaptive headlights too. I've tried a few other combinations but none of them worked as intended.

Does anyone have any insight on which code successfully disables the cornering fog lights but keeps the adaptive headlight functionality?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-09-2018, 02:31 PM   #2
chuckles01
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

According to the cheat sheet screen shot in my first post, there are 6 parts to enabling/disabling cornering lights. I’ve tried the following attempts, but none of them disable only the cornering fog lights without disabling the adaptive headlights.

Attempt 1: Disable all 6 parts below

C_CLC_ENA = F030disable
C_BLC_ENA = nicht_aktiv
KL_ENABLE_LI = KL_Aus
KL_ENABLE_RE = KL_Aus
MAPPING_abbiegel_L_output = Off
MAPPING_abbiegel_R_output = Off

Attempt 2: Disable parts 1, 2, 3, 4 only

C_CLC_ENA = F030disable
C_BLC_ENA = nicht_aktiv
KL_ENABLE_LI = KL_Aus
KL_ENABLE_RE = KL_Aus

MAPPING_abbiegel_L_output = nsl_l
MAPPING_abbiegel_R_output = nsw_r

Attempt 3: Disable parts 1 and 2 only

C_CLC_ENA = F030disable
C_BLC_ENA = nicht_aktiv

KL_ENABLE_LI = KL_Ein
KL_ENABLE_RE = KL_Ein
MAPPING_abbiegel_R_output = nsl_r

I guess I could go through and try every possible combination, but wondering if anyone has coded this successfully and knows which code or combination of codes disables cornering fog lights but retains adaptive headlight functionality?
Appreciate 1
      07-13-2018, 03:40 PM   #3
chuckles01
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Finally found the solution after a few attempts. Doesn't seem like there's much interest in this setting, but just to wrap up the thread in case someone down the line is searching for this.

If your car has adaptive HIDs and you want to retain that functionality, but disable cornering fog lights, you code the following:

C_CLC_ENA = F030disable

That's the only setting you need to code.
Appreciate 3
Rayzor10.00
DThr33634.00
      08-03-2018, 02:36 PM   #4
dkim88
Slowpoke
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3 Comp XDrive

Thanks for the info, I'm definitely interested in doing this as the cornering lights coming on just bother me.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2018, 07:13 PM   #5
chuckles01
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

No prob. Btw, I've noticed that doing this also disables the fogs from turning on when you're in reverse. I'm fine without that though. Fogs now basically only turn on if I turn them on, which is what I wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkim88 View Post
Thanks for the info, I'm definitely interested in doing this as the cornering lights coming on just bother me.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2018, 05:12 PM   #6
donavo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckles01 View Post
No prob. Btw, I've noticed that doing this also disables the fogs from turning on when you're in reverse. I'm fine without that though. Fogs now basically only turn on if I turn them on, which is what I wanted.
any way to pair the fogs to the DRL? or do they only come on during low beams?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 08:01 AM   #7
donavo
Enlisted Member
Rep

i think this mod disabled the adaptive function of the lights swiveling as well. ill have to test further.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 09:28 AM   #8
oranga
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by donavo View Post
any way to pair the fogs to the DRL? or do they only come on during low beams?
Check out this thread:

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=911250

Follow my posts in particular and you'll see how I got the fog lights to come on w/ DRL during the day (and stay on when the low beams turn on at night)
Appreciate 1
      08-08-2018, 12:12 PM   #9
chuckles01
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Really? It worked for me. I was specifically trying to keep the adaptive headlights function, but remove the cornering fog lights. What I did notice is that if the car is not moving, then the adaptive headlights do not swivel left (but they do swivel right). But if the car is moving above a certain speed, then it does swivel both ways.

Make sure only the line in bold is changed from F030enable to F030disable, and the rest are left as it is below. From my testing, if I changed any of the other lines, it disabled the adaptive headlights as well. Hope it works for you!

C_CLC_ENA = F030disable
C_BLC_ENA = aktiv
KL_ENABLE_LI = KL_Ein
KL_ENABLE_RE = KL_Ein

Quote:
i think this mod disabled the adaptive function of the lights swiveling as well. ill have to test further.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 09:51 AM   #10
donavo
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Really? It worked for me. I was specifically trying to keep the adaptive headlights function, but remove the cornering fog lights. What I did notice is that if the car is not moving, then the adaptive headlights do not swivel left (but they do swivel right). But if the car is moving above a certain speed, then it does swivel both ways.

Make sure only the line in bold is changed from F030enable to F030disable, and the rest are left as it is below. From my testing, if I changed any of the other lines, it disabled the adaptive headlights as well. Hope it works for you!

C_CLC_ENA = F030disable
C_BLC_ENA = aktiv
KL_ENABLE_LI = KL_Ein
KL_ENABLE_RE = KL_Ein

ive tried this every way and it still disabled the headlight swivel for me...under clc_ena, do you have f030 and f020? im using the bimmercode app to do this And the fo30 and 20 are linked so u either enable or disable both. the problem is i enabled it now and my headlights are still not swiveling...this is driving me insane already....have you made any new discoveries regarding this since you posted this?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2018, 05:55 PM   #11
chuckles01
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I used the bimmercode app as well, but had to go into advanced mode for it. It's strange that it works fine for me - that is the only line of code that I changed. If I touched any other code in that list, it disabled the adaptive headlights. F030 and F020 were also linked on mine. I have a 2014 f30 n20, if that makes a difference?

Btw, I noticed that in that original cheatsheet I followed, there is a typo for where function "KL_ENABLE_RE" lives. The spreadsheet lists it as belonging in FEM_BODY section 3073, but it's actually in 3066. Not sure if that matters or not.

And just in case, to mention the obvious, the headlight swiveling only occurs when the light switch is on Auto and only when the car is moving.

If all else fails, with bimmercode you can restore from a backup to code everything back to prior you changed it?

Quote:
ive tried this every way and it still disabled the headlight swivel for me...under clc_ena, do you have f030 and f020? im using the bimmercode app to do this And the fo30 and 20 are linked so u either enable or disable both. the problem is i enabled it now and my headlights are still not swiveling...this is driving me insane already....have you made any new discoveries regarding this since you posted this?

Last edited by chuckles01; 08-31-2018 at 06:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2018, 11:19 AM   #12
D-reamer
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 420D Alpine White Pro Media/Na

Quote:
Finally found the solution after a few attempts. Doesn't seem like there's much interest in this setting, but just to wrap up the thread in case someone down the line is searching for this.

If your car has adaptive HIDs and you want to retain that functionality, but disable cornering fog lights, you code the following:

C_CLC_ENA = F030disable

You sir are a star. I turned on cornering lights using Bimmercode. Once active there is no method of turning them off other than restoring backups.

I have made a lot of changes so did not want to re do all my work. I have been looking for ages. The suggested methods discussed else where also turned of my fog lights when I just wanted fog lights.

All good now.
Appreciate 1
      12-27-2018, 12:06 AM   #13
chuckles01
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-reamer View Post
Quote:

C_CLC_ENA = F030disable

You sir are a star. I turned on cornering lights using Bimmercode. Once active there is no method of turning them off other than restoring backups.

I have made a lot of changes so did not want to re do all my work. I have been looking for ages. The suggested methods discussed else where also turned of my fog lights when I just wanted fog lights.

All good now.
Awesome, glad this was helpful!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 03:54 AM   #14
howe9191
Private
Malaysia
Rep
Drives: 2013 F13 M6, 2013 F30 328i

Garage List
2012 M6 F13  [10.00]
2013 bmw f30  [10.00]
I have coded the cornering light function and I find it useful. But one thing that comes together after I coded those 6 lines is the Fog light also On during reverse. How can I disable that Fog light On during Reverse?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 05:30 AM   #15
cjn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 F40 M135iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by howe9191 View Post
I have coded the cornering light function and I find it useful. But one thing that comes together after I coded those 6 lines is the Fog light also On during reverse. How can I disable that Fog light On during Reverse?
My car (with just basic halogen lights) has the following items set on by default. You could try turning them off.

FEM_BODY / 3073
C_CLC_REV_ALWAYS_ON
C_CLC_REV_BLINK_ENA
C_CLC_REV_CURV_BOTH_ON
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2019, 11:09 PM   #16
big_josh
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

Quote:

C_CLC_ENA = F030disable
C_BLC_ENA = aktiv
KL_ENABLE_LI = KL_Ein
KL_ENABLE_RE = KL_Ein
Thank you so much for this! I ran into the same issue with my adaptive lights not working after I did the code changes to disable the fogs. Changing only the one line you suggested and putting the others back to normal fixed it for me! For reference to anyone else, my car: 2012 F30 328i.
Appreciate 1
      05-19-2019, 12:14 AM   #17
chuckles01
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_josh View Post

Thank you so much for this! I ran into the same issue with my adaptive lights not working after I did the code changes to disable the fogs. Changing only the one line you suggested and putting the others back to normal fixed it for me! For reference to anyone else, my car: 2012 F30 328i.
Glad it worked for you too!
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 04:52 AM   #18
Westcoaster99
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 330d msport

My 2014 330d has the adaptive xeons and I hate the look of the cornering fog lights. I’ve tried coding C_CLC_ENA = F030disable and literally nothing has changed? Any suggestions? I want to keep the normal swivel function of the lights obviously.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 10:38 AM   #19
chuckles01
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoaster99 View Post
My 2014 330d has the adaptive xeons and I hate the look of the cornering fog lights. I've tried coding C_CLC_ENA = F030disable and literally nothing has changed? Any suggestions? I want to keep the normal swivel function of the lights obviously.
Hmmm that's strange. I've tried many combinations of those codes and that's the only one that worked for me. Did you verify that all the other items in that list are exactly as shown? Maybe try it again?

Before I got mine to work as I wanted, I did email Stephan at BimmerCode support and he suggested doing the below instead to disable cornering fog lights. I vaguely remember trying this combo as well and it didn't work for me (it ends up disabling cornering fog lights AND swiveling headlights), but it's possible I did something wrong. In either case, sharing in case it's something you want to try:

Go into expert mode and set:

"MAPPING_ABBIEGEL_L_OUTPUT" and MAPPING_ABBIEGEL_R_OUTPUT to "off" using expert mode.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 06:32 AM   #20
Westcoaster99
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 330d msport

Sorry, I wasn’t using esys correctly because I’m a dim wit. It’s not often I code my car.

I can confirm just changing the C_CLC_ENA = F030disable does indeed work as as described

Apologies and thanks for sharing the information. Hated the look of the cornering fogs.
Appreciate 1
      01-21-2020, 07:06 AM   #21
Trygun
Rep
Drives: Sr3 F30

Hi, does anyone know the coding to activate the cornering lights at all speeds? thank you
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2020, 10:44 AM   #22
LaMar
Rep
Drives: BMW 420d GC

Hello,
I tried to disable C_FLC_ENA in my F36 using Esys and cable, but stupid cornering fog lights are still working.
Did I make some mistake?

Old value was “F020_enable, F020_enable” and I changed to “F020_disable”. Apart from this there is also option “F020_enable” written just once which I didn’t try.

Any suggestion were I went wrong?
Appreciate 0