F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Climate protests
Studio RSR

04-22-2019, 08:35 AM   #23
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneinsixtyseconds View Post
I'm keeping the steak eating going tomorrow night with a big fat steak at Gauchos in Richmond. Preceded by a family river boat trip on something throwing out quite a lot of black smoke......

I'm hoping the protesters can swim to make the trip a bit more interesting.
Richmond is a Mighty fine part of the world when the weather is like this there is no where on earth id rather be. I’m just a mile or so away love going thru Richmond park.
I’m due a Chateaubriand at gaucho soon. How was it?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 08:45 AM   #24
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringPleb View Post
Unless it was by private jet, you could argue that flight was going anyway and would have been spewing out CO2 regardless of whether she was on it.

It's a tricky one for the police. How much force do you use on peaceful protesters? Too much and the police are criticised. Go softly softly and they are criticised. No win situation.
Coppers should have steamed in and dished it out, you know you like to really.

On a more serious note IF you were passionately and truthfully fearing for the future of the planet and felt that we're on a path to extinction due to our lifestyle, the last thing you'd do is catch a transatlantic flight regardless of whether it's going anyway as you'd hate the fact that it's going in the first place.

Unless of course you were a hypocritical, virtue signalling, champagne lefty millionaire film star that just loves the limelight......
      04-22-2019, 08:51 AM   #25
mikeoz
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40d LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringPleb View Post
Unless it was by private jet, you could argue that flight was going anyway and would have been spewing out CO2 regardless of whether she was on it.

It's a tricky one for the police. How much force do you use on peaceful protesters? Too much and the police are criticised. Go softly softly and they are criticised. No win situation.
I suspect they will be ordered to clear them out soon. They have set up a kitchen near Marble Arch now. Even the Mayor's now saying London needs to get back to normal. They have had to draft extra Police in from other force's and they must be arresting then releasing on Bail the majority of people so far as they can possibly hold that many..
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 02:58 PM   #26
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Yep, move them from elsewhere to Marble Arch as that's not a busy traffic spot and no businesses around there that would suffer as a result....

Tracking results at our hotels that way carefully as I am pretty sure it's an insured risk for us.

Some good pictures of the mess they left in hyde park doing the rounds on social media.... saving the world with their use of plastic bottles...
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 03:20 PM   #27
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzapb View Post
Richmond is a Mighty fine part of the world when the weather is like this there is no where on earth id rather be. I’m just a mile or so away love going thru Richmond park.
I’m due a Chateaubriand at gaucho soon. How was it?
The whole weekend was fab thanks to the weather, like you say Richmond is a good place to be. Wife picked a great spot to stay, The Petersham on Richmond Hill.

A few beers soaking up the sun on Richmond Green, family days on a boat trip and Kew Gardens.

And loved Gauchos, not been for about 12 years. I had an 18 ounce spiral cut ribeye with chimichurri and it was really good. Great location and the whole area was buzzing in the weather.

Funniest part was some London road rage. On the road at the top of Richmond Hill with the great view, I watched a bloke in a Discovery Sport get very angry with a driver in front who kept slowing to look for a parking space.

The bloke behind in the Disco Sport eventually ran into the back of the Audi, just a nudge. However the nudge set off every single airbag the car had. Saw them go off inside and a massive one outside on the bonnet went off too. Got to love some over eager JLR engineering!

He was that shocked he then ran into a parked car in slow motion too! Jumped out and started blaming the bloke in front.

My view was that if he had time to hit his horn 6 times, he had time to stop! Made for a bit of extra entertainment!
Appreciate 0