F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > F32 430d Interior Rattle!!
Extreme Powerhouse

04-27-2018, 05:00 PM   #1
Joshd63
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 2015 F32 430d

F32 430d Interior Rattle!!

Not to sure where to post this but I have an incredibly annoying rattle coming from the passenger door - I think.

It seems more pronounced when the car is cold and of course the BMW techs couldn't find anything, despite the video.

Appreciate 0
      05-03-2018, 09:05 PM   #2
Tribalpinoy911
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F34

Do a search of the forum with the key words "creaking" you'll find that searching almost always provides a faster answer than creating a new thread.

Anyway, this is a common problem and people here have had success getting this resolved under warranty. If you're out of warranty people have had success try applying gumi pfledge to the door seals.

I too have this problem and will be taking to my dealer to resolve. Hoping they give me all new door seals!
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 12:13 PM   #3
Sea-Tac
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2108 X3 xDrive30i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshd63 View Post
Not to sure where to post this but I have an incredibly annoying rattle coming from the passenger door - I think.

It seems more pronounced when the car is cold and of course the BMW techs couldn't find anything, despite the video.

There was some discussion about door rattles in the thread below. Maybe this will help a bit...good luck. Rattles are such ass pains.

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...er+door+rattle
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 12:15 PM   #4
Joshd63
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea-Tac View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshd63 View Post

There was some discussion about door rattles in the thread below. Maybe this will help a bit...good luck. Rattles are such ass pains.

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1155981&highlight=passenger+door+ rattle
Thanks I'll take a look. I may have found it though (I haven't convinced myself yet) by taking the whole door card off as I think it could have been one of the plastic clips that keep the card in place had somehow become detached from the door card whilst still in the door. Not 100% though
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2018, 01:50 PM   #5
ram.matthew
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i

I had a door rattle that I determined to be coming from the door lock pin. It was rattling against the plastic housing and I noticed later on that all four were doing the same.

If this is causing your rattle, the solution was simple. Remove the plastic piece that surrounds the pin (carefully use a flat piece of plastic and a little effort to pry up from the outside with the window open). What you'll do is cut a piece of the soft side of an adhesive Velcro strip and carefully insert it into the plastic piece that was removed. You'll want the Velcro to adhere to the inner cylinder of the plastic piece. It's a bit of a pain because of the adhesive.

Once in place, replace the plastic piece into the door. This solution kept the pin in place and absorbed any rattle. Now, total silence.

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2018, 02:02 PM   #6
Joshd63
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.matthew View Post
I had a door rattle that I determined to be coming from the door lock pin. It was rattling against the plastic housing and I noticed later on that all four were doing the same.

If this is causing your rattle, the solution was simple. Remove the plastic piece that surrounds the pin (carefully use a flat piece of plastic and a little effort to pry up from the outside with the window open). What you'll do is cut a piece of the soft side of an adhesive Velcro strip and carefully insert it into the plastic piece that was removed. You'll want the Velcro to adhere to the inner cylinder of the plastic piece. It's a bit of a pain because of the adhesive.

Once in place, replace the plastic piece into the door. This solution kept the pin in place and absorbed any rattle. Now, total silence.

Hope this helps.
That's great thanks for this I'll take a look tomorrow
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2018, 12:46 PM   #7
JLBMW
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 428ix GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.matthew View Post

Hope this helps.

This just started happening the other day with my 2015 428ix GC. Definitely the door lock pin rattling against the plastic guide. Wasn't sure if the plastic guide just pops out or not, thanx for the info. Gonna' try some electrical tape to fill the gap before going the velcro route.
Appreciate 0