F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > The misadventures of a 435i GC
Extreme Powerhouse

05-23-2019, 06:45 PM   #67
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep
Drives: 15 GSM 435i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ts0ulc View Post
Congrats on the car. It looks great! What a journey!
Thank you! It has def been a unique ride so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post
Love everything except lower too much for my tastes
Yeah, It's quite low when the air is completely depleted. I'll take some shots at ride height which I think would be more your taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamienHanif35 View Post
Dam... makes my journey to my 428i pretty sham... what was your tire setups?
I think you'll find if you start a journal, over time you will be impressed with not only the journey of modification, but the joy the car has brought you over the years. Even without modification, taking pics here and there along trips and outings, will definitely be great to look back on! But I def figured there would be a story to tell about this purchase.

My tire setup is 245/35/19 Front and 265/35/19 Rear. Pretty meaty on a 19x9 and 19x10 but I do like the look and added wheel protection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 428iSoCal View Post
Great Build sir And quite the adventure.

I am also looking at purchasing a 2015 435i Gran Coupe and I have been using CarGurus for the last few months. Looking at a couple with high mileage cars to get it more in my price range. What would you tend to look for on the Gran Coupe as far as issues now that you have had your GC awhile?

The wife's daily driver is a 2014 428i Coupe and have had no issues with it at all. 44k miles so far. I do all my own maintenance and mods so not afraid to have to fix things.

Thanks for any feedback.
I honestly haven't had any issues at all. Every unfortunate event that has befallen her so far was due to human error somehow.
So far the N55 seems a good bit more reliable than the N54, which I would still call a decent platform.

If anything, I would go over the paint well, as that seems to be a weak point across all the newer BMWs.

Good luck and feel free to PM with any questions! I'm always down to help.

2015 435i Gran Coupe - Current
2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 1
clee1982216.00

05-24-2019, 01:48 PM   #68
Yiolli
Yiolli
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 428 F32

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGoneRogue View Post
Installed the MPE with the CF finishers.

Also added a painted performance diffuser.

After that came the CF PSM spoiler:

This is currently how she sits as of Nov:

April
While I absolutely LOVE the stock 624M wheels, I felt the car needed just a bit more exclusivity.
I started searching for aftermarket wheels and eventually wound up finding these BBS Diamond Black LM 19x9 ET27 and 19x10 et37 here on the forums from AR Motorwerkz. Awesome deal and great buying experience!

I knew that this would be an aggressive fitment, and so I needed to lower the car (that was going to happen regardless haha).
I didn't want to just shoot blind and see where lowering springs would place the fitment, and I'm getting too old to have to mess with adjusting coilovers all the time.
This led me to pull the trigger on an Airlift 3P air suspension setup.
Before:

After:

The install was a breeze for the most part, and I didn't have to drill a single hole in the body of the car. A couple small holes in the trunk liner and that was it.
Everything is hidden except the air tank.

For tires I went with General G-Max RS in 245/35/19 and 265/35/19. I didn't want to go for an expensive tire before knowing how the setup would wear. I am very pleased with the tires after about 4k miles. Very comfy and quiet on the highway and they hook really well when you need them to.

A friend and I drove the new incarnation out to Vegas for a broadcasters convention. Besides a small hiccup with a piece of tire puncturing my gas tank, it was a really nice drive.

Continued down to So Cal and picked up a Morph Auto Design front lip. Easily the best looking lip for the F32/F36 imo. Sexy.

May:
Front lip is finally on after getting the bumper resprayed.

I feel your pain with damage on the first day. Drove my CPO 428i home on a slushy snowy night. Made it all the way home safe and immediately dinged the right panel and door on the side of the garage door. Completely dented and scratched the side. $800 later, good as new
Appreciate 1
      05-24-2019, 07:32 PM   #69
JPToadstool
Rep
Drives: BMW 330ci M Sport Coupé

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGoneRogue View Post
The description for the update was really vague. It said that it improved connected drive services.

I usually read reviews before updating any electronic gadget of mine, but there was not much info out there (go figure). So I just went with being safe and having the latest software. There were no noticeable differences that I could observe.
To offer a little guidance here, the updates you performed only update the telephony side of things, improving compatibility with different phones and their software versions. You can also update your map version at home using the USB port.

To update the iDrive firmware, the head unit needs flashing. This can be done at a dealership or via someone with the correct knowledge, software and cables. This has the potential to add new features and improve overall performance.

Congratulations with your new car though! I've also had the unfortunate experience of damage to a new car. Thankfully the insurance sorted mine without any hassle.
Appreciate 1