F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Speed Limit Info Emulator
Studio RSR

07-11-2019, 02:35 PM   #23
WillLowe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F32 435d

Same question as above. Anyone?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2019, 03:40 AM   #24
silencer2008
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillLowe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillLowe View Post
Don't think it's possible as the VO is being changed to include the option
      05-03-2020, 08:58 AM   #25
PewPewF10
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 535i xDrive

Scammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by f10upgrader View Post
will this SLI emulator work with this for my f10 that is CIC??

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-25-Andro...0AAOSwTopefYzh

ty
This won't work with your f10 because all the parts on your car are stolen.

Please return my money for the Chargepipe you never shipped out Gio Doniel.
Appreciate 1
      09-14-2021, 01:14 AM   #26
brob
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i

To Silencer2008 - this post has been inactive for a couple of years, but if you still drop in occasionally, could you please let me know. I've just installed an SLI emulator in my F32 but can only get the speed limit data on the Kombi, and not also on the HUD. I'm keen to find out why, and think you may be able to help.
Rob
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 01:35 AM   #27
Bambazonke
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 & 2020 X5

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by brob View Post
To Silencer2008 - this post has been inactive for a couple of years, but if you still drop in occasionally, could you please let me know. I've just installed an SLI emulator in my F32 but can only get the speed limit data on the Kombi, and not also on the HUD. I'm keen to find out why, and think you may be able to help.
Rob
Did you VO code the NBT as well? There is an option to enable it in the HUD display settings in the iDrive menu. This option will only appear if you VO code or FDL code the NBT
      09-14-2021, 07:09 AM   #28
silencer2008
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Rob
Hi Rob, as answered above, you would need to VO code both NBT and kombi. Shoot me a PM if you need help.
      09-15-2021, 03:23 AM   #29
brob
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i

Thanks guys (Bambazonke and silencer2008) for your offers of help.

Not really expecting a reply, I soldiered on today and now have the speed limit icon appearing on the HUD as well as the dashboard. Basically I worked through all the "Funzionen" under KOMBI and HU_NBT looking for modules with the words SPEEDLIMIT, SLI, KI etc and set to aktiv those which looked appropriate, and those which other coders had suggested.
So for KOMBI, these were:
ANZEIGE_NPI = aktiv
HUD_NAVI_ENABLE = aktiv
HUD_NBI_ENABLE = aktiv
HUD_SLI_ENABLE = aktiv
HUD_SLI_TSM_ENABLE = aktiv
KI_PIA_SPEEDLIMIT = aktiv
HUD_PIA_SLI =aktiv

And then under HU_NBT:
SLI_NAVI_DISPLAY = nicht aktiv
SPEEDLIMIT_INFO = aktiv

I also added the emulator device code 8TH to the VO. Interestingly, this device now shows up on the VO list as a factory fitted option.

It seems that the Chinese guys who produce these emulators and specify the required coding are struggling with the multitude of BMW international variations, and that they don't always discover all the relevant functions in the FA lists. Incidentally, this is the first time I've coded - I use E-SYS with an OBD to ethernet cable connected to a Windows 10 PC. I also have a Carly, but it's not particularly useful.

Overall impression as I trolled through the FA lists is that the BMW coding system is pretty bullet proof, and that there are some amazing parameters that could be recoded if your car has the matching hardware. There's even stuff in there for the i3 and i8 electric models.

The other good news is that the latest map update - I'm running RoadMap AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND Next 2021 NBT_L15184A - obviously has the necessary speed limit data included, and if you ignore temporary limits which might be picked up if you had the KAFAS camera system installed, the display changes instantly you drive from one speed zone to another as determined by the roadside signage.

Thanks again for your interest!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2021, 09:50 PM   #30
silencer2008
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Thanks guys (Bambazonke and silencer2008) for your offers of help.

Not really expecting a reply, I soldiered on today and now have the speed limit icon appearing on the HUD as well as the dashboard. Basically I worked through all the "Funzionen" under KOMBI and HU_NBT looking for modules with the words SPEEDLIMIT, SLI, KI etc and set to aktiv those which looked appropriate, and those which other coders had suggested.
So for KOMBI, these were:
ANZEIGE_NPI = aktiv
HUD_NAVI_ENABLE = aktiv
HUD_NBI_ENABLE = aktiv
HUD_SLI_ENABLE = aktiv
HUD_SLI_TSM_ENABLE = aktiv
KI_PIA_SPEEDLIMIT = aktiv
HUD_PIA_SLI =aktiv

And then under HU_NBT:
SLI_NAVI_DISPLAY = nicht aktiv
SPEEDLIMIT_INFO = aktiv

I also added the emulator device code 8TH to the VO. Interestingly, this device now shows up on the VO list as a factory fitted option.

It seems that the Chinese guys who produce these emulators and specify the required coding are struggling with the multitude of BMW international variations, and that they don't always discover all the relevant functions in the FA lists. Incidentally, this is the first time I've coded - I use E-SYS with an OBD to ethernet cable connected to a Windows 10 PC. I also have a Carly, but it's not particularly useful.

Overall impression as I trolled through the FA lists is that the BMW coding system is pretty bullet proof, and that there are some amazing parameters that could be recoded if your car has the matching hardware. There's even stuff in there for the i3 and i8 electric models.

The other good news is that the latest map update - I'm running RoadMap AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND Next 2021 NBT_L15184A - obviously has the necessary speed limit data included, and if you ignore temporary limits which might be picked up if you had the KAFAS camera system installed, the display changes instantly you drive from one speed zone to another as determined by the roadside signage.

Thanks again for your interest!
Good stuff
Now u can start playing with getting lifetime
FSC codes for your map pack using E-Sys