F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > 330d F31 - First Mods Advice
ARMA SPEED

01-21-2020, 01:43 PM   #1
greenfrog
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330D F31

330d F31 - First Mods Advice

Hi all,

I've owned my 330d F31 for almost a year now and loving every minute of it.
I ran stock power for about 5 months and then decided to get a basic stage 1 remap done to bring the power up to around 310bhp.

I'm liking the power at the moment, but I wanted to get some suggestions for raising it a little more from you guys who are more 'in the know'.

I'm basically looking for cheap-ish mods that will increase horsepower a little but not alter the mpg too drastically (if such a thing exists ).

I've already seen a video on a K&N air filter, got my eye on that.

What would you guys recommend?

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2020, 05:27 PM   #2
Solidjake
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Poland
Rep
Drives: '13 328i Msport 6MT

Change your chargepipes to metal ones

Apex SM-10/DWS06+ | 400m/X-ice Xi3 | Injen Exhaust | Stoptech SS Lines | 335 Front Brakes
Hawk HPS 5.0 | RBF600 | ER Charge Pipes | Wagner Evo Comp 2 FMIC
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 01:34 AM   #3
fantanas
First Lieutenant
Greece
Rep
Drives: F33 435d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
Change your chargepipes to metal ones
The charge pipes don't fail on the n57 platform.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 01:39 AM   #4
fantanas
First Lieutenant
Greece
Rep
Drives: F33 435d

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfrog View Post
Hi all,

I've owned my 330d F31 for almost a year now and loving every minute of it.
I ran stock power for about 5 months and then decided to get a basic stage 1 remap done to bring the power up to around 310bhp.

I'm liking the power at the moment, but I wanted to get some suggestions for raising it a little more from you guys who are more 'in the know'.

I'm basically looking for cheap-ish mods that will increase horsepower a little but not alter the mpg too drastically (if such a thing exists ).

I've already seen a video on a K&N air filter, got my eye on that.

What would you guys recommend?

Cheers!
I would suggest you get a remap from evolve it will transform your car into a beast! There are a few people that ask about it all the time. Maybe you can organise a group buy so you can get a bargain.

There is a thread I made a while back about the remote remap they do. I will find the link. Post there and maybe people will get excited for a group buy again.

After the remap, I would suggest xHp, for the gearbox. Faster and more responsive.

After sorting out the drivetrain you can look into suspension components. It will improve the ride and the looks.

Finally, if you still have the run flat tires replace them with some good non run flats. The best mod I made

Edit: link to the evolve remote remap thread -> Evolve remote remap https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1640068
Appreciate 0