F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > AutoGlym Lifeshine
ARMA SPEED

11-27-2018, 07:26 AM   #1
seb835
Rep
Drives: 340i

AutoGlym Lifeshine

Hi All,

Recently bought my 340i from a main dealer in the UK, and they threw-in the AutoGlym Lifeshine package as part of the deal.

So i pick up the car, and it comes with the big bag/satchel of AutoGlym products, along with a certificate to guarantee the paintwork and interior, etc, etc..

However, looking at the paint in the sunlight, its covered in swirl marks and doesn't seem to have a deep shine like promised with the protection application. I should mention the car is black metallic (I forget the true paint name).

Has anyone else had this issue, and is there a covert way to check if the protection has even been applied? I guess it would be quite easy to say its been applied just to fob me off!

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2018, 08:55 AM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Swirls indicate that if something was applied it was poorly done.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2018, 08:59 AM   #3
John in VA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i M Sport

Swirl-free shine is not an indication of protection. The finish could have been poorly prepared before the protection product was applied. It is not uncommon for new cars to have paint problems caused by dealer preparation. This fact keeps the detailing shops in my area busy!

You can test for water-beading or sheeting by wetting the paint, glass or interior that is supposedly protected. Good luck!
2015 BMW 228i in EstorilBlau II Metallic / Terra Dakota Leather - 6-speed manual, M Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Lighting Package, Premium Package, Harman Kardon premium sound, Anti-theft alarm system, Blue Metallic Matt Accent Moldings, Aluminum Hexagon Interior Strips, Anthracite Headlining
Appreciate 0