F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > BMW F30/N20 Tuning After New Engine (AUS)
Extreme Powerhouse

01-19-2024, 08:32 AM   #1
jyle099
Rep
Drives: none

BMW F30/N20 Tuning After New Engine (AUS)

My Engine blew up a year ago and I replaced it with a new one but my aftermarket mods would cause a check engine light and a running rich code so my mechanic placed the stock parts back on and had to retune it with another stock tune and that fixed the running rich error....but here is the problem

He said I cant put my Bootmod3 tune back on or my parts as it will most likely cause it to run rich again.

He offered me a solution for me to find someone who can custom tune the car to its specific needs that way it can be fine tuned to fix the running rich codes whilst providing the performance upgrades of a tune.

I wanted to come to this forum as you guys have a better idea then me about this sort of stuff and wanted a 2nd opinion before I do anything that isn't required so save me wasting even more money.

Question 1. Do I need a custom tune or should the bootmod3 work?
(If I do tune it and it messes it up he said ill have to pay $500 for the stock tune again)

Question 2. I live in Melbourne, Australia so does anyone have recommendations for a good shop that does custom tuning?

~BMW F30 N20 Mod List
-Air intake: INJEN EVOLUTION
-VRSF Catless Downpipe
-MODE Design Charge Pipe
-Bootmod3 Stage 2 Tune 93 Octane
Appreciate 0