F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Stop the Madness! (have these types of things happened to you?)
proTUNING Freaks

01-06-2016, 11:11 PM   #23
humbertin0
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 M4

Dude, it is seriously a terrible case of Murphy's law.
I've driven older/used cars my entire life and never had issues with people parking too close and I wasn't even terribly worried about getting hit by others.

I had my BRAND NEW 435i for about 3 months and someone at work scratched the rear bumper ever so slightly. It pissed me off so much, that's when I decided to get a motion activated camera....records front and rear. PM me if you need a recommendation.
Then about 8 months into ownership, the door was BADLY gouged by the tech who opened it into the bay somewhere. They resprayed it but it still makes me wonder why this only happens to my new cars....but never had an issue in 10 years with my old "regular" cars.

PS: I just posted in this thread....related to parking.

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1212364
Appreciate 2
      01-07-2016, 09:14 AM   #24
tboooe
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F36 428i GC, E36 M3 - gone :(

This sort of things happens to me all the time when I try to park far away from people. What really bugs me is that almost always the car parked next to mine is some piece of junk.

2015 428i GC - Alpine White - Coral Red - M Sport
Appreciate 1
      01-07-2016, 09:42 AM   #25
SDH
Captain
Rep
Drives: .

As said this surely has to be a wind up

Unless a car park is empty, I always try to park next to the nicest cars hoping that we have mutual respect for each other cars when opening doors.
Appreciate 1
      01-07-2016, 09:45 AM   #26
humbertin0
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tboooe View Post
This sort of things happens to me all the time when I try to park far away from people. What really bugs me is that almost always the car parked next to mine is some piece of junk.

So....True!
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2016, 10:32 AM   #27
BDWonder
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcbrown76 View Post
I have been thoroughly enjoying my new 340i and try to take good care of it as best I can.

Why then do these types of things happen? Where do these people come from? Never before has someone ever parked so close to me with so much space around them! Thank heavens there was no damage.

Seriously, though, I went in the building without a car in sight near mine (as I intended) and figured there is plenty of parking close to the building away from me. When I came out, this joker was an inch from my car!

Curious, though, have this type of madness happened to others? Would love to hear stories (hopefully funny and lighthearted ones)
Happened to me many times like this. I inspect my car for scratches. And always, regardless if I see any scratches, I always do something filthy. Either key the bumper or car itself...or rip off the license plate. I know...D move, but, they gotta learn.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2016, 10:44 AM   #28
tboooe
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F36 428i GC, E36 M3 - gone :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDWonder View Post
And always, regardless if I see any scratches, I always do something filthy. Either key the bumper or car itself...or rip off the license plate. I know...D move, but, they gotta learn.
Dude are you being serious??? I am not sure what the other person will learn other than to get angry and potentially damage the car of the next guy as a way to "pay it forward".

2015 428i GC - Alpine White - Coral Red - M Sport
Appreciate 1
      01-07-2016, 11:05 AM   #29
Hangman4358
Private
Rep
Drives: '14 F31 328d Sportline

Garage List
2017 M2  [0.00]
2014 328d F31  [0.00]
Honestly, when I see someone park far away from everybody in a BMW I like to pull up right next to them in my F31 as close as I can.

If possible backing in so its passenger side to passenger side. That way I can get out easily and they can too. You just need to lighten up. :rofl:

If you park far away you are just asking for it imo
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2016, 11:18 AM   #30
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalDave View Post
I have a hard time not reacting to this kind of stuff. I take care of my stuff, no matter what it is. When some a-hole is that care-free with my stuff, there will always be problems for them. I refuse to buy a new car and let the morons of the world eff it up because they they have the IQ and decency of a rock. My blood pressure might be higher but in 5,10,20 years, my stuff still looks good.
If something actually happens you can get excited. If the PROSPECT that something COULD have happened gets you worked up, you need help. The OP indicated that nothing actually happened - thus my assertion to not worry about it.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2016, 11:53 AM   #31
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianFanatic View Post
If the PROSPECT that something COULD have happened gets you worked up, you need help. .
+1

It's not great when your "stuff" gets you upset

But talking out of the other side of my mouth I completely understand how that can really be a wind up, and in fact I keep my M3 in the garage and use the wife's 335 as the meat shield to soak up parking lot damage if I know the place we are going has tight parking spots, steep driveways, etc
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2016, 11:59 AM   #32
rolltidef32
National Championship #17 and Counting!
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW i3s and 2019 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcbrown76 View Post
I have been thoroughly enjoying my new 340i and try to take good care of it as best I can.

Why then do these types of things happen? Where do these people come from? Never before has someone ever parked so close to me with so much space around them! Thank heavens there was no damage.

Seriously, though, I went in the building without a car in sight near mine (as I intended) and figured there is plenty of parking close to the building away from me. When I came out, this joker was an inch from my car!

Curious, though, have this type of madness happened to others? Would love to hear stories (hopefully funny and lighthearted ones)
I would have slashed two of his tires!

The envy that some people can have towards others who they perceive to have more of what they don't is just pathetic.

As if it were your fault that the guy drives a whatever. and he's salty with you for caring about your nice car.

Cowards never seem to do these things in your face though...

Packs: Technology, Driver Assistance, HK Audio, Park Distance Control
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2016, 12:07 PM   #33
rolltidef32
National Championship #17 and Counting!
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW i3s and 2019 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalDave View Post
I have a hard time not reacting to this kind of stuff. I take care of my stuff, no matter what it is. When some a-hole is that care-free with my stuff, there will always be problems for them. I refuse to buy a new car and let the morons of the world eff it up because they they have the IQ and decency of a rock. My blood pressure might be higher but in 5,10,20 years, my stuff still looks good.
Indeed man. I'm far to confrontational to just let stupid stuff slide. Never did in school and don't now.

Weird thing is, I would never dream of causing someone else undue harm just to be spiteful.

People like this remind me of Auburn university and why we Bama fans don't like them; full of so much hate and envy.

Packs: Technology, Driver Assistance, HK Audio, Park Distance Control
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2016, 12:46 PM   #34
MforLove
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 328xi

I went on a short vacation this summer but before doing so I detailed my car then had it parked in my spot at my condo only to come and find a scratch on my front passenger door fml..... If i knew who ..... What i would do.....
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2016, 09:33 AM   #35
BDWonder
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tboooe View Post
Dude are you being serious??? I am not sure what the other person will learn other than to get angry and potentially damage the car of the next guy as a way to "pay it forward".
im jokkking...lol....

or am I?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2016, 09:00 PM   #36
DrivenByE30
Brigadier General
France
Rep
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT

Gotta get close to hotness...
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2016, 07:54 PM   #37
Devourer31
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

I usually tend to park far away but parking was almost impossible to find when me and my gf went shopping for Christmas sale. Was able to snatch a parking spot nearby the shops and hours later, walked to my car and saw this:

Was pissed that the culprit just left away, leaving me with my first ding after a year.
Tried to buff it out sadly, the paint was chipped.
Being considerate, it was a windy day, their door might have been blown away. But still

PS: ignore the phone case on the reflection, ran out of battery so borrowed my gf's phone to take a pic.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2016, 10:44 PM   #38
cookie monster
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M8 Coupe

Not sure about your state but in many states there is no law against deflating someone's tires. Not saying I would do this but if someone goes out of their way to be an ass like that then the old saying applies" play stupid games get stupid prizes".....:
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 08:14 AM   #39
bueller
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 EB F31 2018 LG F80

Garage List
It's life, 90% of people are fine... 10% are dicks and assholes. The 10% feel better about themselves when they crap on other people, or do things to attempt to exert what little control they have over others.

I generally try not to let it bother me, just as I don't yell at the mentally challenged, I put small minded inconsiderate people into the same place in my mind when thinking about them, their parents did a bad job, they don't know better. My forecast is that they have to live with themselves, and that must be unpleasant.

To a lot of people, a car is an appliance, like a toilet plunger or toaster. My friends wife kicks snow off her shoes on the door sills and sees nothing wrong with that, as long as it's not my car, not my problem. I was on a date once and once feeling comfortable, my date put her feet up on my dashboard, I thanked her for not doing that and of course it was a last date, because, how dare me.

I think people also confuse annoying with funny. They are not the same things.

Personally, I realize that pissing me off is the desired result. I try my best to be Zen about things, Just last night at Home Depot, parked out of the way, and I came out to a Dodge Caliber parked crookedly beside me, there was no damage to my car, so whatever. Then again, should someone cross the line, I do a fair bit of electrical work and a couple #3 electrical staples near the sidewalls is an effective way to pay the inconvenience forward.

B.

Last edited by bueller; 01-10-2016 at 09:37 AM..
Appreciate 1
      01-10-2016, 09:35 AM   #40
casualDIYer
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul e View Post
Wow. Mothzilla lives!
When Mothra was a baby.

I can't believe that guy parked so close. And can you believe he drove over 4 drywall screws as well. What terrible luck all 4 screws would be right behind your car. Just terrible....
Appreciate 1
      01-10-2016, 09:39 AM   #41
casualDIYer
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bueller View Post
It's life, 90% of people are fine... 10% are dicks and assholes. The 10% feel better about themselves when they crap on other people, or do things to attempt to exert what little control they have over others.

I generally try not to let it bother me, just as I don't yell at the mentally challenged, I put small minded inconsiderate people into the same place in my mind when thinking about them, their parents did a bad job, they don't know better. My forecast is that they have to live with themselves, and that must be unpleasant.

To a lot of people, a car is an appliance, like a toilet plunger or toaster. My friends wife kicks snow off her shoes on the door sills and sees nothing wrong with that, as long as it's not my car, not my problem. I was on a date once and once feeling comfortable, my date put her feet up on my dashboard, I thanked her for not doing that and of course it was a last date, because, how dare me.

I think people also confuse annoying with funny. They are not the same things.

Personally, I realize that pissing me off is the desired result. I try my best to be Zen about things, Just last night at Home Depot, parked out of the way, and I came out to a Dodge Caliber parked crookedly beside me, there was no damage to my car, so whatever. Then again, should someone cross the line, I do a fair bit of electrical work and a couple #3 electrical staples near the sidewalls is an effective way to pay the inconvenience forward.

B.
So you got married after one date? Love at first sight?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 09:51 AM   #42
rickjenn
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWriter View Post
No that is a hail protection system! Nice pix - thanks for sharing.

Is it portable? I.e. could you keep in trunk and power from car 12V?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 11:11 AM   #43
x986
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 340, ex e92 335, ex e46 M3

Garage List
I checked your post to see if you were from Texas. He was just saying, "Howdy".

One time I parked a new Alfa a couple of rows from all cars, but the lot was sloped. I came out to see a car attempting to mate with my car. It had come down hill and made a 90 degree turn. I found the driver, and he admitted that it must have slipped out of gear. After conferring with his insurance company, they decided it had to be a "phantom driver". I have no idea if my insurance co. got any money out of his.

Last edited by x986; 01-10-2016 at 11:13 AM.. Reason: content
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 12:37 PM   #44
Blubaron79
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive

I would really have to try hard not to kick their mirror off.

Previous: '18 340i xDrive; '15 335 xDrive; '14 435i xDrive; '09 335 E92 xDrive
Appreciate 1