F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > xDrive All-Wheel Drive Discussions > XDelete- the answer to XDrive?
Extreme Powerhouse

12-17-2019, 09:30 AM   #353
opinion914
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F31 N47

In the "live data" section of Xdelete is a Position Actuator readout. Any idea if this can be used to determin clutch wear and what a good value would be if so?
K
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2019, 07:24 PM   #354
antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 440i GC

Garage List
Sorry to not read all the recent pages, but can someone answer a simple question for me: has anyone figured out how to reprogram theses cars (f30 specifically) to run RWD same as xdelete does? Seems to me if xdelete can do it, a simple register change (or a few should too). I have used INPA on E90, so it wouldn't be with zero practice
Appreciate 1
      01-13-2020, 11:30 AM   #355
SamSungF30
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 328D

Quote:
Originally Posted by antzcrashing View Post
Sorry to not read all the recent pages, but can someone answer a simple question for me: has anyone figured out how to reprogram theses cars (f30 specifically) to run RWD same as xdelete does? Seems to me if xdelete can do it, a simple register change (or a few should too). I have used INPA on E90, so it wouldn't be with zero practice
Curious to know also! anyone?
Appreciate 1
      01-13-2020, 11:56 AM   #356
fantanas
First Lieutenant
Greece
Rep
Drives: F33 435d

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSungF30 View Post
Quote:
You can do it from esys.

"You can just change with ESYS module DSC > 3000 > C_Funktion_LaengsMomentVerteilung_aktiv_e > aktiv to nicht_aktiv
After you code this you will have RWD car WITH traction control, which can be turned off"

The traction light will stay on, but you will have a RWD car.
Appreciate 1
      01-15-2020, 06:52 PM   #357
antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantanas View Post
Quote:
Quote:
You can do it from esys.

"You can just change with ESYS module DSC > 3000 > C_Funktion_LaengsMomentVerteilung_aktiv_e > aktiv to nicht_aktiv
After you code this you will have RWD car WITH traction control, which can be turned off"

This appears to be exactly what I am looking for. Is it also fully reversible ie setting back to active brings back AWD and the traction light goes off?

Can someone confirm that they've used the RWD ESYS coding with success?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 01:57 AM   #358
fantanas
First Lieutenant
Greece
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You can do it from esys.

This appears to be exactly what I am looking for. Is it also fully reversible ie setting back to active brings back AWD and the traction light goes off?

Yes when you change it back it goes back to like it used to be. No light and awd working. You can also have a similar result my removing a fuse (different number depending on the car). But with the fuse you lose dsc, dtc and abs, so not the best experience

I had two backups one rwd and one awd so i can quickly switch.

But I think that XDelete is doing more than that. It is loading a different program to the transfer case. Also you retain full functionality of safety systems. It is more refined.

If you just want to play a bit once in a while in a safe environment I would do the esys method. But I am running the rwd mode constantly and the car is my daily, so I went for XDelete at the end.
Appreciate 2
      01-16-2020, 03:17 AM   #359
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW F36

What continues to worry me is the part with the different software XDelete puts in the transfer case controller. I had intended to but haven't yet contacted them to ask for explanation about what goes on it. Chances are that the XDrive you drive after applying XDelete is not the same as prior to applying XDelete.

In this respect, coding is "safer". If it really works like that (have never tried it, but would).
      01-16-2020, 07:13 PM   #360
antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You can do it from esys.

Yes when you change it back it goes back to like it used to be. No light and awd working. You can also have a similar result my removing a fuse (different number depending on the car). But with the fuse you lose dsc, dtc and abs, so not the best experience

But I think that XDelete is doing more than that. It is loading a different program to the transfer case. Also you retain full functionality of safety systems. It is more refined.

If you just want to play a bit once in a while in a safe environment I would do the esys method. But I am running the rwd mode constantly and the car is my daily, so I went for XDelete at the end.
Ok so if I am understanding correctly when you turn off this flag and go into RWD via the code, the traction is really off, not that the traction warning is simply there to warn the driver that something driving is not right ie AWD deactivated - if so that's a negative for me - less sure footed in the rain

Also, are you happy with xdelete, worth it?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 07:15 PM   #361
antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhigh View Post
What continues to worry me is the part with the different software XDelete puts in the transfer case controller. I had intended to but haven't yet contacted them to ask for explanation about what goes on it. Chances are that the XDrive you drive after applying XDelete is not the same as prior to applying XDelete.

In this respect, coding is "safer". If it really works like that (have never tried it, but would).
Ok that's interesting, if there are parameter changes due to xdelete that change the way the car drives even after switching to AWD that is a negative for me. Can anyone confirm, what do the developers of xdelete say about this?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 03:58 PM   #362
fantanas
First Lieutenant
Greece
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You can do it from esys.

Ok so if I am understanding correctly when you turn off this flag and go into RWD via the code, the traction is really off, not that the traction warning is simply there to warn the driver that something driving is not right ie AWD deactivated - if so that's a negative for me - less sure footed in the rain

Also, are you happy with xdelete, worth it?
Yeah all nannies are off. That is why I went for xDelete.

I am very happy with it. I have an issue once when I changed back to awd. I was dragging the wheels. I contacted them and they weren't sure what is wrong. I fixed it with recalibration the transfer box. After telling them they added it to the software so it is rock solid now. During the winter I have awd all the time but from March I will go back to rwd full time. More fun to drive and better mpg.
Appreciate 3
      01-20-2020, 07:16 PM   #363
warcraftjs
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i

So has anyone tried xDelete with a DINAN box on their car? I have the stage 2 and just don’t want any problems. It’s still winter by me so I’m not in to much of a hurry to turn off awd.
Appreciate 1
Kingpin4386.50
      01-21-2020, 12:10 AM   #364
fantanas
First Lieutenant
Greece
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by warcraftjs View Post
So has anyone tried xDelete with a DINAN box on their car? I have the stage 2 and just don’t want any problems. It’s still winter by me so I’m not in to much of a hurry to turn off awd.
I don't see why you would have a problem. They are different ECUs so one doesn't have anything to do with the other.
Appreciate 1
      01-21-2020, 08:50 AM   #365
SteelBlue46
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White '13 335i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by warcraftjs View Post
I was running XDelete with a BM3 stage 2 tune and had no issues with either. Have been set to AWD for awhile though due to winter.
Appreciate 1
      01-23-2020, 09:09 AM   #366
warcraftjs
United_States
Rep

That’s good to hear. I just didn’t want to have to disconnect the DINAN box just to change things.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2020, 08:53 AM   #367
M Smurf
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i M Sport

Y'all should have just picked up a proper BMW with RWD! Problem solved.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2020, 09:29 AM   #368
deviantspeed
poopycat
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F31 330ixT

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Smurf View Post
Great! Where can I find a RWD F31 in the states that is legally imported and titled?

BTW the reflash can be detected if it comes to some heavy lifting and connecting to the mothership.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2020, 10:15 AM   #369
Onizukachan
Great Teacher
Rep
Drives: 06 e91 325ix

Garage List
2006 E91 325ix  [10.00]
2006 Mini r53 JCW  [0.00]
2005 Mini r53  [0.00]
Quote:
Can you provide me an f31d RWD in the US of A?
Preferably manual, since you are pulling things out of your ass.

Appreciate 1
      01-25-2020, 05:39 PM   #370
warcraftjs
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I would have had the M4 they had. But I got the bad burning eyes from the wife. So I got the 435i x-drive.

The M4 will be coming soon. But in the mean time, I can have the best of both worlds.
Appreciate 1
rcaso26331.00
      01-26-2020, 06:38 PM   #371
mckk
Rep
Drives: F32 430ix

Have an important question - I have read that xDrive is really sensitive to a different tread height of the tires, so if I have xDelete activated it is super easy to wear off rear tires quicker than the front - in such cases, I can kill my transmission

I don't know how it is solved in the new M5 F90 which has xDrive with an option to have fully RWD vehicle, but then you can wear off rear tires quickly as hell, which might end up in destroying transfer case because of different sizes in diameter of the front and rear tires
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 12:44 PM   #372
Supr3me
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Your mom crazy

Garage List
Just read this whole thread from beginning to end and wow, this has been a roller coaster of a conversation lol

I think I might try it this summer, idk yet. Depends on how much power I'm making once my in-progress mods are completed & how much I want to risk killing myself in RWD mode...
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 01:21 PM   #373
fantanas
First Lieutenant
Greece
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckk View Post
Have an important question - I have read that xDrive is really sensitive to a different tread height of the tires, so if I have xDelete activated it is super easy to wear off rear tires quicker than the front - in such cases, I can kill my transmission

I don't know how it is solved in the new M5 F90 which has xDrive with an option to have fully RWD vehicle, but then you can wear off rear tires quickly as hell, which might end up in destroying transfer case because of different sizes in diameter of the front and rear tires
I had been thinking about that as well, but in my mind the difference should be small and the transfer case and xdrive system should compensate. The car is 60/40 in normal x drive mode, so the rears could wear faster.

I would love to hear from somebody that knows more thoufh
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 01:28 PM   #374
AlpineX
Captain
Rep
Drives: Diesel

Quote:
I had been thinking about that as well, but in my mind the difference should be small and the transfer case and xdrive system should compensate. The car is 60/40 in normal x drive mode, so the rears could wear faster.

I would love to hear from somebody that knows more thoufh
Don't overthink it. Rotate your tires. If you're staggered, then you already subscribe to higher cost and shorter life tires.
Appreciate 0