F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > B4 Damptronics + eibach pro kit
Studio RSR

11-27-2023, 05:53 PM   #1
sapphire black
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 440i

B4 Damptronics + eibach pro kit

Hey all,

Just looking for some opinions or data points regarding the above combo

440i rwd coupe

Currently i am running eibach pro kits in the front and eibach sport lines in the back, on stock dampers.

The dampers in the front are still fine after 10k+ miles, while the ones in the rear are leaking on the driver side and blown on the passenger side. Honestly, i only discovered this as part of a pre warranty end inspection. Afterwards it seems really obvious that the driver side performs much more flatly over bumps while i get a lot of instability from the passenger side.

Im leaning towards getting b4 damptronic replacements and also getting the eibach prokit in the rear to replace the sportline, since the drop and spring rates are lower for the prokit - im assuming this should be fine with the b4 replacements even though they are supposedly not meant for lowering springs.

Alternatively i would keep the sportlines (i do love the look of the lower rear) and get koni yellows + edc cancel, however this would end up costing more than the damptronicw and would remove edc functionality in the rear, which seems stupid

Looking for anyone with a similar damper/spring combo and any data points on shock failure as a result, thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2023, 08:14 PM   #2
strutmonkey1
Rep
Drives: 335i, 328xi

Eibach Prokit springs work fine with B4 dampers. Just slightly trim the bumpstops, or get M3 style bumpstops.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2023, 10:25 AM   #3
sapphire black
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by strutmonkey1 View Post
Eibach Prokit springs work fine with B4 dampers. Just slightly trim the bumpstops, or get M3 style bumpstops.
Already got the M3 bumpstops - still ended up blowing my rears 😭

Definitely hoping the B4 are more durable, especially with the softer prokit springs
Appreciate 0