F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
proTUNING Freaks

01-21-2020, 01:46 AM   #551
Eddamoo
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 430dX

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1 View Post
If the F20 is anything like the F82 then the problem is the original cable from the headunit to the screen is too short to reach there, especially on a RHD car.

It only just reaches to the gap between the glovebox and the headunit.
OK thanks for clarifying!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2020, 08:15 AM   #552
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep
Drives: F10 530d

I have an aftermarket reverse camera from Emtronika, will this unit work with that so the reverse came works as normal? This one:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Rever...72.m2749.l2649
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2020, 08:22 AM   #553
cossie1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyJawa View Post
I have an aftermarket reverse camera from Emtronika, will this unit work with that so the reverse came works as normal? This one:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Rever...72.m2749.l2649
As there camera doesn't have an RCA connector, I would say you would have to try daisy chaining the quadlock connectors together.

No reason why doing that wouldn't work, so long as you can find enough space for all the wiring / connectors.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2020, 10:42 AM   #554
stvward
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G42 M240i on order

Bimmercode

I was just out trying to code the HU with bimmercode using an enet cable to connect to the OBD port. Could read all of the other modules in the car except the HU. Is anyone having success at this and if so how are you connecting to it and successfully coding it (HU)? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2020, 10:57 AM   #555
Firefly1337
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: F20 M135i LCI

Which version are you running (of the MMI) and was iDrive active on the display or was it switched to the MMI?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2020, 11:12 AM   #556
stvward
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly1337 View Post
Which version are you running (of the MMI) and was iDrive active on the display or was it switched to the MMI?
iDrive was active on the display and I will check the version of the MMI asap.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2020, 12:50 PM   #557
touchmynappa
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 125i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly1337 View Post
Thanks!
I am writing with that new WhatsApp contact which turns out is Andream's After Sales. They told me they addressed my feedback regarding the DPI to their software design team and they might debug it after the Chinese New Year festival.

Let's hope they actually do it.
Good going. If they fix the AA resolution I think I might shed a tear of joy. I switched back to AA since Siri is so awful and just live with the shitty resolution. Starting to like the iPhone a little bit though...
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2020, 03:14 PM   #558
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep
Drives: F10 530d

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1 View Post
As there camera doesn't have an RCA connector, I would say you would have to try daisy chaining the quadlock connectors together.

No reason why doing that wouldn't work, so long as you can find enough space for all the wiring / connectors.
Thanks that was kind of what I suspected, it’s pretty tight already so could be fun and games lol!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 04:09 AM   #559
Eddamoo
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 430dX

I've just ordered one of these boxes for Android Auto. Its a shame about the fuzziness, but im sure it can be fixed soon.

Pardon my ignorance, but i did a bit of Googling and it appears that Android Auto supports streaming higher resolutions through the developer mode. It seems to have made a big difference to many users. I dont recall it mentioned on this thread - has anyone tried it??

https://www.speakev.com/threads/impr...n-1080p.95185/

Only 720p and 1080p mentioned, which are 16:9 - at least they're larger than native!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 04:29 AM   #560
seanos10
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddamoo View Post
I've just ordered one of these boxes for Android Auto. Its a shame about the fuzziness, but im sure it can be fixed soon.

Pardon my ignorance, but i did a bit of Googling and it appears that Android Auto supports streaming higher resolutions through the developer mode. It seems to have made a big difference to many users. I dont recall it mentioned on this thread - has anyone tried it??

https://www.speakev.com/threads/impr...n-1080p.95185/

Only 720p and 1080p mentioned, which are 16:9 - at least they're larger than native!
This worked when I used an Android screen but it doesn't work with this box. This box is much better than Android auto or carplay on the android screens though after having both!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 11:01 AM   #561
Ron ///Man
Chief Mambo
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i

Hi all:

Need some basic help with my new Andream. I got the unit and installed it but I'm having trouble getting it to work. Need some basic help getting into CarPlay mode. Could someone PM me how to get into CP mode? I know I've seen it mentioned somewhere in the hundreds of pages of threads but can't seem to put my finger on it, and search engines don't seem to work for me. I thought it was by holding down the 'back' button for 2 seconds, but that does nothing. Need to determine if I have a bad unit, or if it's just me being an idiot... I double checked all of my wiring and everything I got with the unit is plugged in where it should be. The stock system works just fine in every way. The Andream unit seems to be powered up as I can see a blue LED light glowing inside it. DIP switchs 1-3 are 'on' (I have a 10" display) and all other switches are 'off'. I have a rather long road trip coming up in a few days that I really wanted CP working for. Help!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 11:14 AM   #562
cossie1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron ///Man View Post
Hi all:

Need some basic help with my new Andream. I got the unit and installed it but I'm having trouble getting it to work. Need some basic help getting into CarPlay mode. Could someone PM me how to get into CP mode? I know I've seen it mentioned somewhere in the hundreds of pages of threads but can't seem to put my finger on it, and search engines don't seem to work for me. I thought it was by holding down the 'back' button for 2 seconds, but that does nothing. Need to determine if I have a bad unit, or if it's just me being an idiot... I double checked all of my wiring and everything I got with the unit is plugged in where it should be. The stock system works just fine in every way. The Andream unit seems to be powered up as I can see a blue LED light glowing inside it. DIP switchs 1-3 are 'on' (I have a 10" display) and all other switches are 'off'. I have a rather long road trip coming up in a few days that I really wanted CP working for. Help!
Press menu button for 2 seconds
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 11:14 AM   #563
stvward
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Hi all:

This YT video might help.

Appreciate 1
x-m4n148.00
      01-22-2020, 11:15 AM   #564
Ahanix
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i

I've seen a lot of back and forth, was there consensus on how audio quality was through CarPlay?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 11:47 AM   #565
vincenF22
Registered
Rep
Drives: 218d coupe

Hello guys! I've ordered the Andream MMi for my Bmw F22, it arrived today and I already installed it on the car. It works flawlessly except... my 2014 F22 is equipped with ENTRINAV (no gps, no bluetooth) and it doesn't have a microphone, so I can't use SIRI or other voice Assistants.
The MMi doesn't have any input pin for external mic, but taking a look at the Head Unit quadlock pinout, I can see there's a spot for MIC- and one for MIC+. Do you guys think it can work out, if I simply connect an external MIC to these wires, right where the harness is connected to the MMi? (and, in so doing, bypassing the Head unit)
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 01:07 PM   #566
07e92
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Does anyone have problem with heads up display (HUD) after the installation?, everything seem to be working fine but HUD disappears from windshield, HUD settings are grayed out at iDrive, the HUD button next to the steering wheel does not do anything either. In addition, service status (oil change next due, brake pad next due, etc.) and car status (check message) from iDrive are all blank. Try uninstalling the carplay module, everything comes back and shows up.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 01:44 PM   #567
beardsandbeers
Rep
Drives: 2015 428i Gran Coupe

I believe service history is discussed previously in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07e92 View Post
Does anyone have problem with heads up display (HUD) after the installation?, everything seem to be working fine but HUD disappears from windshield, HUD settings are grayed out at iDrive, the HUD button next to the steering wheel does not do anything either. In addition, service status (oil change next due, brake pad next due, etc.) and car status (check message) from iDrive are all blank. Try uninstalling the carplay module, everything comes back and shows up.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 02:45 PM   #568
Ron ///Man
Chief Mambo
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by stvward View Post
This YT video might help.
All I can say is I really AM an idiot!

And, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!

Works like a charm and I love it!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 02:59 PM   #569
stvward
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
All I can say is I really AM an idiot!

And, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!

Works like a charm and I love it!
Glad that it helped. It is a great bit of kit. Enjoy your trip !
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 05:11 PM   #570
mastrchee
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahanix View Post
I've seen a lot of back and forth, was there consensus on how audio quality was through CarPlay?
I consider my self an amatuer audiophile, and I would say the audio quality is very good. This also depends on your sound system though.

I've fine tuned the carplay box EQ using pink noise and a spectrum analyser and it's almost perfect.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 05:52 PM   #571
Urbz
Enlisted
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastrchee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahanix View Post
I consider my self an amatuer audiophile, and I would say the audio quality is very good. This also depends on your sound system though.

I've fine tuned the carplay box EQ using pink noise and a spectrum analyser and it's almost perfect.
Two questions:

Do you have Harman Kardon audio system?

Would you mind posting your MMI EQ settings?
SOLD '07 E90 328i / Sparkling Graphite / Black and Aluminum Interior / 6MT / ZSP / Xenon / Logic7 / BMW Performance Exhaust / BMW Performance Short Shift Kit / Modified CDV / Euro Light Switch / Dæos DRL Harness / V1 Fuse Box Hardwire / Blacklines / Darmstadt Military Sales
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 11:45 PM   #572
jacobtc
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F20LCI

Anyone else having to reboot the device everytime to get wireless Android Auto connected again? Every time I enter my car and switch to the Andream box, the small bluetooth icon is present, and my phone says that my cars wifi has been found, but I'm not able to connect to the phone. I have to hold down the back button to reboot the Andream box, and sometimes also toggle airplane mode off and on on my phone, before I get the pop up on my cars screen to enter Android Auto.
Appreciate 1
ce234.50