F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > F30 can feel the DSC in the rain.
Studio RSR

01-05-2024, 04:42 AM   #1
bflare
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 Series M Sport

F30 can feel the DSC in the rain.

Hello all. I have a 2015 F30 M Sport & a few weeks ago during bad weather I started to experience what I would describe as a loss of power/hesitation when cruising along at over 50mph on the motorway. It would last only a couple of seconds with no loss of speed just a feeling of loss of power. I initially thought it was the EGR valve which i removed & cleaned. The problem still remained. I have purchased a new EGR valve & I was planning on fitting it over the weekend. However, driving home last night in the dry I didn't notice the problem. I then realized that it only occurs when raining. A bit of googling & I found that modern BMW have a brake drying feature as part of the ABS. I tested it this morning on a dry day. Nothing occurred until I put on the window wipers & then I could feel the intermittent problem every at certain intervals. I am now relatively sure it is the DSC system kicking in.

Has anyone else had this problem & if so how did you fix it? As I say it doesn't cause the car to lose speed but I can feel it. I think the rear pads need changing as I have had the car for almost 2 years without the pads being changed. Not sure if this would make the DSC more obvious? If the ABS/DSC unit is faulty is it a big job to change? I can pick up a secondhand unit for under £50 & I am guessing the system would need bleeding after. Would the new ABS/DSC unit need coding?

Hope someone can help as I was hoping to sell/exchange the car shortly but wouldn't like to think it was in a dangerous condition.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2024, 11:45 AM   #2
freakystyly
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F22 B58 6MT

A starting point before going and replacing expensive parts would be to bleed the brake fluid and replace it with fresh stuff. Running the ISTA program so it cycles through the DSC unit as well.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2024, 06:35 PM   #3
sapphire black
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 440i

Are your tires low on tread? Once i got new tires I got much less intervention from DSC. Before that it was pulling timing any time i tried putting power dosn
Appreciate 0