F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > xDrive All-Wheel Drive Discussions > Transfer Box Control Unit Does Not Respond
Studio RSR

12-02-2022, 05:24 PM   #1
Issadirtymax
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 M Sport, 2020 Duramax

Transfer Box Control Unit Does Not Respond

Hi all,

First post here so please bear with me as I give a little back story. I purchased the car (2013 335i xdrive M Sport) as an entertaining semi-daily about a year ago needing work for extremely cheap. According to the previous owner, he had it coded, the coder did not put it on a charger, car died mid coding, bricking the Idrive and the Xdrive system never worked after that. I replaced the Idrive with a used unit and had it remote coded by Bimmertech with success. I've put 20k miles on it, done common wear item maintenance and enjoyed it.

Now I'm gearing up to resolve the Xdrive issue. A quick BimmerLink scan reveals an error stating "transfer box control unit does not respond". I have ordered a new used but good Transfer case control module in an attempt to have that coded to the car.

Im looking for anyone that's had a similar scenario or can provide insight on this subject. I have done a decent amount of research amongst the forum, YouTube, one line drawings, etc but this is not my profession. All help is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks
Appreciate 0