F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > How to keep using expired E-Sys Launcher Premium by reverting system date (hack)
Extreme Powerhouse

03-25-2019, 11:24 AM   #573
Clems
France
Rep
Drives: 120d e81

Normally Im admin on my laptop, but I will check in this way...

Thank you !
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 01:45 PM   #574
brianbE92
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 435i, blk/blk Manual 6

Hi Tony, thank you so much for creating the Rearm! I have a question though...I am using the correct launcher and Esys (according to shawn Sheridan) and I ran the rearm as an admin and all seemed fine. When I connected my car and initiated the launcher and Esys, I could not get to edit fdl (was greyed out) until I clicked read coding data" (which still seems fine). Edit FDL now was available, but when I clicked it, Esys through an error: token was manipulated. Did I do something wrong? Is there any way to get around this? All I want to code is my fog light switch. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Twoclicks View Post
Tokenmaster's free E-Sys Launcher Premium is a great tool for using E-sys. Unfortunately, the E-sys .est token file that is created by the Launcher is only valid within a limited timeframe. Outside this timeframe, the Launcher won't start properly and you can't do FDL-coding in E-sys anymore. Reverting the system time back to within the timeframe results in an error 'Date manipulation detected', endless loops where it keeps asking for a pin, or even app-crashes.

Until now.....

I wrote a script that rearms/resets the Launcher and predates several important Windows system folders, so that the system time CAN be reverted. This also unlocks the possibility to switch chassis whenever you like, so no need to wait for 3 days anymore. Simply extract the package and run the batch-file with elevated privileges ('as administrator'). The latest package can be found here:

https://mega.nz/#F!DRFxVTRS!ufLV3tJ5c5JfCpftR4H5nw

Tested in Windows 10/7 on Launcher 2.5.3 and higher. Older versions might also work. No need for Virtual Machines anymore to keep using the Launcher!

Happy coding everyone! Please donate to a charity if you like the software!

--------
Tony Twoclicks

UPDATE 01/03/2019:
Version 2.0.0 is out!
Almost totally rewritten, the first major update with lots of new features:
  • Support for UNC-path execution: the script will now run from anywhere, even network drives.
  • Dynamic resolution of file/folder locations instead of assuming defaults: no more problems with redating relocated folders or non-standard system configurations.
  • E-sys installation files and folders are now redated to prevent C157 "EST file manipulated" error in E-sys.
  • E-sys soft-token path is cleared from E-sys configuration to prevent token errors due to previous installations.
  • Extensive error checking to improve reliability and provide better feedback to the user.
  • User interface colors to reflect Rearm status at a glance.
  • Improved Readme.txt with sections for better readability and overview of Frequently Asked Questions (and answers).
UPDATE 01/01/2019:
Version 1.7.0 "Happy New Year edition" is out! Added support for Launcher 2.8.2.

UPDATE 29/06/2018:
Version 1.6.0 is out! Added support for Launcher 2.8.0.

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 02:01 PM   #575
HansC.
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 45e

Is there any way to just buy a licensed version of E-sys? - All these workarounds are a PITA..
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 02:19 PM   #576
cjn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 F40 M135iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansC. View Post
Is there any way to just buy a licensed version of E-sys? - All these workarounds are a PITA..
If you mean exactly that, then you could try contacting BMW HQ and ask for a full legitimate copy of their proprietary software that is, I believe, restricted to their technical staff.

If you want to enable full use of the widely distributed versions of E-Sys then you can request a validation code from TokenMaster for his E-Sys Launcher program, and good luck with that!

If you want to use what's currently available to the rest of us then there are basically two options:

1. Find an online seller of a pirated, patched version of the Launcher, for which you'll pay.

2. Download the best current versions of E-Sys and Launcher (get a link from shawnsheridan) and Tony's rearming script, and follow the instructions to the letter. Once it's working, it's less hassle than anything else.
Appreciate 1
      03-25-2019, 04:46 PM   #577
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianbE92 View Post
Hi Tony, thank you so much for creating the Rearm! I have a question though...I am using the correct launcher and Esys (according to shawn Sheridan) and I ran the rearm as an admin and all seemed fine. When I connected my car and initiated the launcher and Esys, I could not get to edit fdl (was greyed out) until I clicked read coding data" (which still seems fine). Edit FDL now was available, but when I clicked it, Esys through an error: token was manipulated. Did I do something wrong? Is there any way to get around this? All I want to code is my fog light switch. Thanks!
Yeah, that C157 error in E-sys when you try FDL coding is really becoming a showstopper for a lot of people. Unfortunately, I can't reproduce it on my systems, making it very hard for me to address and solve the problem. There have been some suggestions here recently that seemed to work for some people and not for others. So you might want to read back a couple of posts from the past few weeks.

One thing I'm particularly curious about is whether creating a new (second) Windows account and starting my script + Launcher from there has any effect on the C157 error. I still haven't had any feedback on that, either positive or negative.

Also, make absolutely sure that your system date is still reverted and stays that way when you get this error in E-sys. This is paramount, so double check this when you get the error!

In Windows 10 don't stop or disable the Time service, as it will recover after a few minutes and reset time to 'now' when you're connected to the internet (thanks cjn for testing and reporting this!). Instead, rather go to the Date/Time-settings by right-clicking on the system clock in the lower right corner and disable the option "Set time automatically".

Please report if this solved your C157 error.

Cheers, Tony
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 08:32 PM   #578
SantaEugence
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 330d xDrive Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaEugence View Post
Cheers Tony will have a go. Also thanks for taking the time to make the script and provide support etc
Created a new partition and installed windows 7 premium.
Launcher would crash on start up citing kernalbase.dll error, seemed to be caused by having .NET version which was unstable (4.7.x I think) so I installed 4.6.x reboot and used re-arm and now it all works so far. Will try on the car tomorrow
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2019, 04:06 PM   #579
kaan12345
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E36 320i

Hello Tony i have a problem with your script.

I'm using Win7 Ultimate. When i start as admin your script its waiting and giving error about the C:\Users\kaank\AppData\Local\Temp*.

What is the actual problem. I didn't get it. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2019, 05:56 PM   #580
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaan12345 View Post
Hello Tony i have a problem with your script.

I'm using Win7 Ultimate. When i start as admin your script its waiting and giving error about the C:\Users\kaank\AppData\Local\Temp*.

What is the actual problem. I didn't get it. Thank you.

Can you copy and paste the actual error? Some apps and programs are holding locks on files in the TEMP-folder. This is preventing my script from redating them. Try closing all apps and programs before running my script. You might also want to disable your antivirus to see if that solves the problem. You can also explore that folder with Windows file explorer to maybe get a clue what's holding the lock.

In the next update I've made a few checks that will update the TEMP folder only when needed. I think that will make things a little bit easier for most people.

Cheers, Tony
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2019, 09:24 PM   #581
saterade
Rep
Drives: Man

Tony,

First I want to thank you for making this tool easy to use. I have a question about an issue that I hope someone may be able to answer. The rearm script runs great now that i stopped a process that was keeping files open in the *\Temp directory however, I am now getting an error when I run the launcher that says "Invalid provider type set". I look in the system logs and it looks like it is related to the date manipulation error that some people are reporting. anybody else having this issue as well?

Install info:
Win 10
Esys 3.27.1
E-Sys Launcher Premium 2.8.2
Rearm script 2.0
system time set to a date/time between the recomended dates 15 Jun 18 and 31 Dec 18
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2019, 06:13 PM   #582
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by saterade View Post
Tony,

First I want to thank you for making this tool easy to use. I have a question about an issue that I hope someone may be able to answer. The rearm script runs great now that i stopped a process that was keeping files open in the *\Temp directory however, I am now getting an error when I run the launcher that says "Invalid provider type set". I look in the system logs and it looks like it is related to the date manipulation error that some people are reporting. anybody else having this issue as well?

Install info:
Win 10
Esys 3.27.1
E-Sys Launcher Premium 2.8.2
Rearm script 2.0
system time set to a date/time between the recomended dates 15 Jun 18 and 31 Dec 18

When googling the error you mention it seems to be related to cryptography and RSA keys, so I don't think it's related to the date manipulation error. If you see the date manipulation error in the event viewer as well it's probably 2 separate issues.

Does the first error you mention stop occuring when you restart the process? If so, it's probably related to that process. For Launcher 2.8.2 the TEMP folder doesn't have to be redated anyway, so if you want to remove that line from my script you can safely do so.

If you're still getting the date manipulation error, it could mean that either my script's not working correctly or it's missing some unknown check that's being performed on your system, but it's hard to tell based on your description.

Cheers, Tony
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2019, 10:28 PM   #583
hsk1610
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

error running script v2.0

Hi, ran your script as admin, works fine and then get an error redating the
C:\users\username\ documents.

Didn't have this problem with the earlier script- but never got passed to fully getting eSys to work either. I am using Norton AV. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2019, 09:23 AM   #584
ikheetleon
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e 2020

Running into problems as well. (used esys before many times in the past)

Have:

Esys: 3.27.1
PSDZdata: 4.12.20
Launcher premium: 2.8.2.155
Rearm script 2.0

Set the date back, run the script, start Esys (generate token) all works fine.

Than connecto to VIN, also works, I get the confirmation that I'm connected.

When I try to "read" Vehicel Order from "Coding" I get the error "Read FA failed! Possibly there is no FA stored in the VCM."

Anyone got an idea? I've searched the forums, found the error a couple of times but no solution.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2019, 02:20 PM   #585
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsk1610 View Post
Hi, ran your script as admin, works fine and then get an error redating the
C:\users\username\ documents.

Didn't have this problem with the earlier script- but never got passed to fully getting eSys to work either. I am using Norton AV. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.
Try to find out what's holding the lock on your Documents folder. It's impossible for me tell as the possibilities are practically endless. If you can't redate your Documents folder then the Launcher won't work as it uses the Documents folder to check for date manipulation.

Cheers, Tony

Last edited by Tony Twoclicks; 03-31-2019 at 02:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2019, 02:30 PM   #586
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikheetleon View Post
Running into problems as well. (used esys before many times in the past)

Have:

Esys: 3.27.1
PSDZdata: 4.12.20
Launcher premium: 2.8.2.155
Rearm script 2.0

Set the date back, run the script, start Esys (generate token) all works fine.

Than connecto to VIN, also works, I get the confirmation that I'm connected.

When I try to "read" Vehicel Order from "Coding" I get the error "Read FA failed! Possibly there is no FA stored in the VCM."

Anyone got an idea? I've searched the forums, found the error a couple of times but no solution.
Hi Leon, I don't think this problem is related to my script. I don't have a solution either, other than trying to use an older PSDZdata version. Maybe it's something in the new version that isn't fully compatible with Esys 3.27.

Cheers, Tony
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2019, 08:05 PM   #587
saterade
Rep
Drives: Man

Tony,

Thanks for the reply. Not sure what is going on with it on this computer but I have another laptop that everything worked flawlessly on for some reason. Now if i can just figure out how to code properly and unf*&k what I did today lol

-Jason
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2019, 04:30 AM   #588
ShadeyNL
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Thanks Tony!

Somebody have link to Launcher Premium 2.8.XX?

Many thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2019, 12:47 PM   #589
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadeyNL View Post
Thanks Tony!

Somebody have link to Launcher Premium 2.8.XX?

Many thanks!

See post #265

Cheers, Tony
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2019, 12:58 PM   #590
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Updated version

Version 2.0.4 is out!

Minor update to resolve some issues that were reported on the previous version:
  • Added intelligent file/folder redating to prevent issues related to irrelevant Launcher versions.
  • Changed error checking to display warning instead of fatal error in some cases, enhancing the chance of a working Launcher even if ideal conditions are not met.
Have fun coding!

Cheers,

----------
Tony Twoclicks
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2019, 09:58 AM   #591
cjn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 F40 M135iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Twoclicks View Post
Version 2.0.4 is out!

Minor update to resolve some issues that were reported on the previous version:
  • Added intelligent file/folder redating to prevent issues related to irrelevant Launcher versions.
  • Changed error checking to display warning instead of fatal error in some cases, enhancing the chance of a working Launcher even if ideal conditions are not met.
Have fun coding!

Cheers,

----------
Tony Twoclicks
Looks good, Tony. I ran it in place of 2.0.0 and, while I wasn't actually trying to break anything, it ran perfectly OK. Great work!
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2019, 03:23 PM   #592
tobyps
France
Rep
Drives: bmw x3 f25 xline 2015

Hello, I am located in France and I write to you via a translator
I can not get esys and rearm
I think I do not use the right versions with the right dates
thank you for your support
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2019, 03:59 PM   #593
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobyps View Post
Hello, I am located in France and I write to you via a translator
I can not get esys and rearm
I think I do not use the right versions with the right dates
thank you for your support
I recommend using Launcher 2.8.2 and E-sys 3.27.1. There's a very useful guide by Almaretto here, including download links:
https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...php?p=10193333

You can find the valid dates to use in the readme.txt that's included with my Rearm script.

Cheers, Tony
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2019, 04:02 PM   #594
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjn View Post
Looks good, Tony. I ran it in place of 2.0.0 and, while I wasn't actually trying to break anything, it ran perfectly OK. Great work!

Thanks! I hope this helps a lot of people to get their Launcher started again.

Cheers, Tony
Appreciate 0