F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > F30/F20 TPMS Retrofit
ARMA SPEED

03-30-2021, 08:00 PM   #375
camluczi
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328xi

I just wanted to report that I had success with my F82 M4 thanks to this thread!

I am in Canada, so no TPMS enabled from factory, just FTM. I have the MK100 DSC/ABS module, so theoretically, all I had to do was add 2VB to FA and code my modules.

In the end, I got this to work, but here were some of my stumbles:

I did end up VO coding, FEM, ICM, DSC, HU_NBT and KOMBI modules, although I suppose you could also FDL code these and it should work as well. Initially, after I coded and tested by driving and doing a TPMS reset, it wouldnt go past 0% and error out. This is because I was following the PDF instructions (in reverse, since instructions were how to disable TPMS and go to FTM) from someone that posted up on this forum - however their instructions did not include coding for FEM module. After coding FEM, progress on TPMS reset went to 49% and failed...

For sensors, I used the Autel MX sensors. It turns out that two of my sensors were not programmed correctly (were programmed as HUF, while the other two were non HUF). Once the sensors were all programmed to non HUF and taking for a drive, progress went past 49, and I now have temp and PSI on my display!

Thanks for everyone who posted information on this forum about this. If I can help in any way, please let me know.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2021, 01:48 PM   #376
alxlg
Registered
France
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 F25

I have succesfuly retrofited my F25 2011 with TPMS module 6871056 and wheel pressure sensors 6856227.
Added 2VB to FA, and coded the following:

BKOMBI:
ST_TYR_RDC_TMEOUT - aktiv
ST_TYR_RDC_ALIVE - aktiv

HU_CHAMP:
RDC - aktiv
RPA - nicht_aktiv
RDC_SAFETY - aktiv

ICM:
IcmKod_B_S2VBA - verbaud

I wasn't able to code RDC module as I was getting the error "Failed to get CAFs for SWE" but it turned out there is no need to code it, finaly.

Last edited by alxlg; 04-05-2021 at 01:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 02:52 AM   #377
starmanbl
Rep
Drives: F30 318d Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by atzebmw View Post
I know that the 6856227 definitely works together with the 6876227 as I had retrofit it as well.
A new control unit would probably work right away, but that's not cheap.
Maybe we can try one more.
You send me your FA / VO and the SVT_IST file and I can try out a few things on my computer.

Hello, I have an identical problem as described by HARJ. I see you were able to help him, can you please explain to me how to solve the same problem with RDC?
Thank you in advance
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 03:32 AM   #378
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by starmanbl View Post
Hello, I have an identical problem as described by HARJ. I see you were able to help him, can you please explain to me how to solve the same problem with RDC?
Thank you in advance
I have many VO from different BMWs on my computer and with these VO i can try to assign the CAFD.
It doesn't matter from which BMW the VO is or which equipment ((except 2VB must be available).
I was even able to assign the CAFD when I only loaded the sample VO that was created during the E-Sys installation (FaListSample.xml to be found under C: / Data / FA).

If it works you have to assign the CAFD, but may not code.
You then have to load the Original VO (CAFD is still there) and code the RDC ecu.
Appreciate 1
      04-15-2021, 04:00 AM   #379
starmanbl
Rep
Drives: F30 318d Sport

Quote:
I have many VO from different BMWs on my computer and with these VO i can try to assign the CAFD.
It doesn't matter from which BMW the VO is or which equipment ((except 2VB must be available).
I was even able to assign the CAFD when I only loaded the sample VO that was created during the E-Sys installation (FaListSample.xml to be found under C: / Data / FA).

If it works you have to assign the CAFD, but may not code.
You then have to load the Original VO (CAFD is still there) and code the RDC ecu.

Thank you so much, I will try that, I have also some FA, need to try one with 2VB...
Edit:

Thank you once again, that did the trick

Last edited by starmanbl; 04-15-2021 at 04:37 AM..
Appreciate 1
atzebmw588.00
      04-15-2021, 09:45 AM   #380
clock
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Hello everyone
Do not attach the TPMS sensor to the tire
Is it possible to put it in 4 places in the car and check if it works?

And does the sensor work if it is not attached to the tire?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 12:06 PM   #381
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clock View Post
Hello everyone
Do not attach the TPMS sensor to the tire
Is it possible to put it in 4 places in the car and check if it works?

And does the sensor work if it is not attached to the tire?
No, they don‘t work outside the tires.
They need overpressure min. 1 bar and the rotation.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2021, 10:13 PM   #382
clock
Registered
Rep

Does anyone know a tool that can activate an unprogrammed sensor in China?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 01:17 AM   #383
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Does anyone know a tool that can activate an unprogrammed sensor in China?
This part number is an original BMW sensor.
And an original BMW sensor does not have to be programmed.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 01:58 AM   #384
clock
Registered
Rep

There are many cheap Chinese products on sale that are not programmed in 36106798872.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 02:50 AM   #385
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep

Quote:
There are many cheap Chinese products on sale that are not programmed in 36106798872.
OK, i understand.
But then they are not original and the seller only just added the number, maybe for comparison.
I would prefer the original because of less problems.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2021, 11:02 PM   #386
gonghao
Rep
Drives: BMW 120i

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrylam646 View Post
It has been a while since my failed attempted at retrofitting TPMS using the DSC MK100 and 209 wheel sensors into my early 2014 435iX.

Based on my research (and I could be wrong), the DSC MK100 uses one of the factory Radio Remote Control Receivers to communicate with the 209 wheel sensors.

Since my vehicle is an early 2014, the factory installed Radio Remote Control Receiver would not communicate properly with the 209 wheel sensors (at least that was my assumption based on the error message reported by Rheingold).

At the time, further research led me to believe that I would have had to replace too many components to get this setup to work, including the Key Set/FEM so I abandoned this approach and purchased an RDC module/872 wheel sensors and followed the instructions in this thread. TPMS has been working fine since my last post.

I did not attempt to use the factory installed MK100 DSC/Radio Remote Control Receiver with the 872 sensors. Give it a try and if it does not work, just purchased/install the RDC module.

Larry
Hi Larry,

As you said for the early 2014 vehicle the Remote Control Receiver does not work with TPMS for MK100 DSC, I found the part number for Remote Control Receiver indeed changed after 2014.03, so for these vehicles is it possible to upgrade Remote Control Receiver to later one without upgrade Key, FEM and so on? Because as your post, it seems necessary to replace all of them to work with new Remote Control Receiver?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2021, 04:14 AM   #387
foxs
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukash View Post
I'm no expert but was just looking it up for my car too and found this:

http://www.bimmerretrofit.com/store/...product_id=110

and a story here: http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/elebest...trofitted.html

-Lukas
looks good
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2021, 04:05 AM   #388
larrylam646
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonghao View Post
Hi Larry,

As you said for the early 2014 vehicle the Remote Control Receiver does not work with TPMS for MK100 DSC, I found the part number for Remote Control Receiver indeed changed after 2014.03, so for these vehicles is it possible to upgrade Remote Control Receiver to later one without upgrade Key, FEM and so on? Because as your post, it seems necessary to replace all of them to work with new Remote Control Receiver?

Thanks.
I don't think so since based on my research. I believe I would have had to change the Keys/FEM, as well so I abandoned that approach.

Instead, retrofitted an RDC module (i.e. the separate module that attached to the fuel tank strap) to enable RDC functionality.
      07-04-2021, 10:14 AM   #389
AlvaroSH
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harj View Post
Mate you are a complete superstar!!!

Fixed my issue with my retrofit.

Hey all, if anyone tells you that you cannot inject a CAFD file into the RDC ecu, well they dont know what they are talking about.

My friend here just did that for me and now I have a 2nd hand RDC ecu working in my F31 2013.

After reading the whole thread I see that my case is identical to Harj's.
atzebmw, how did you get inject a CAFD file into the RDC ecu having the FA and SVT files? I presume it is a problem related to the version of the psdzdata
Thanks for your help
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2021, 01:06 PM   #390
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlvaroSH View Post
After reading the whole thread I see that my case is identical to Harj's.
atzebmw, how did you get inject a CAFD file into the RDC ecu having the FA and SVT files? I presume it is a problem related to the version of the psdzdata
Thanks for your help
You have to load a VO/FA from an F10.
Or you can load a VO/FA from the sample list which is installed by E-Sys.
Then you can inject a CAFD.
But then you may not code the RDC ecu.
You have to leave the program open, load your original VO/FA and then you can code the RDC ecu.
Appreciate 1
      07-05-2021, 08:10 AM   #391
AlvaroSH
Registered
Rep

Quote:
You have to load a VO/FA from an F10.
Or you can load a VO/FA from the sample list which is installed by E-Sys.
Then you can inject a CAFD.
But then you may not code the RDC ecu.
You have to leave the program open, load your original VO/FA and then you can code the RDC ecu.
Hi atzebmw
When I load the FaListsSample.xlm I get 20 options. Which one should I activate? I can't find a specific option for an F10 searching in the field "entwicklungsbaureihe". I only see from F001 to F007.
Or can I choose any option?
Now, choosing any of them, several options appear when doing detect caf for swe . But I am not sure if I can do it whith any of this 20 options
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2021, 09:22 AM   #392
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlvaroSH View Post
Hi atzebmw
When I load the FaListsSample.xlm I get 20 options. Which one should I activate? I can't find a specific option for an F10 searching in the field "entwicklungsbaureihe". I only see from F001 to F007.
Or can I choose any option?
Now, choosing any of them, several options appear when doing detect caf for swe . But I am not sure if I can do it whith any of this 20 options
Thanks
Choose in the FA list one FA which works with the „detect CAF for SWE“ button.
For the best it should be a FA from an F10, but it‘s not that important.
When the „detect CAF for SWE“ works choose one CAFD you like or the CAFD with the highest numbers or the bottom one.
But think of not to code the ecu now!
First load your FA and then code the ecu.

Or maybe i can send you an FA from an F10 today in the evening.
Appreciate 1
      07-05-2021, 03:15 PM   #393
AlvaroSH
Registered
Rep

Hi,
TPMS working with no errors. Thanks so much atzebmw.
I used FaListsSample.xlm to inject CAFD.
The only problem has been that it did not reset correctly from the idrive. I reset, pressure and temp show correctly, turn off the car and when turning it back on, the pressure failure error would appear and it had to be reset again. So I disconnected the battery for a while and problem solved.
36106876227 control unit and 36106856227 sensors working with no issues on a 2012 F30.
Thanks again atzebmw
Appreciate 1
atzebmw588.00
      07-06-2021, 03:58 AM   #394
gonghao
Rep
Drives: BMW 120i

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrylam646 View Post
I don't think so since based on my research. I believe I would have had to change the Keys/FEM, as well so I abandoned that approach.

Instead, retrofitted an RDC module (i.e. the separate module that attached to the fuel tank strap) to enable RDC functionality.
Yes, I found the car before 2014.03 for F20 in China, the key frequency is 315, but after that the frequency changed to 433 which matched the 433 TPMS.

So for those vehicle before 2014.03 retrofit 315 key to 433 is too expensive and complex, the best way is using RDC control unit.

Thanks for your reply.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 11:11 AM   #395
funkymonkey9876
Rep
Drives: F31 D3

Guys, I have an Alpina D3 2014 and would like to retrofit TPMS. It is NBT but I'm not sure on the wiring side how I go about the connection. Does anyone have pics of the wiring they have created?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2021, 04:57 AM   #396
ivannw
Rep
Drives: BMW 316i

Quote:
Originally Posted by camluczi View Post
I just wanted to report that I had success with my F82 M4 thanks to this thread!

I am in Canada, so no TPMS enabled from factory, just FTM. I have the MK100 DSC/ABS module, so theoretically, all I had to do was add 2VB to FA and code my modules.

In the end, I got this to work, but here were some of my stumbles:

I did end up VO coding, FEM, ICM, DSC, HU_NBT and KOMBI modules, although I suppose you could also FDL code these and it should work as well. Initially, after I coded and tested by driving and doing a TPMS reset, it wouldnt go past 0% and error out. This is because I was following the PDF instructions (in reverse, since instructions were how to disable TPMS and go to FTM) from someone that posted up on this forum - however their instructions did not include coding for FEM module. After coding FEM, progress on TPMS reset went to 49% and failed...

For sensors, I used the Autel MX sensors. It turns out that two of my sensors were not programmed correctly (were programmed as HUF, while the other two were non HUF). Once the sensors were all programmed to non HUF and taking for a drive, progress went past 49, and I now have temp and PSI on my display!

Thanks for everyone who posted information on this forum about this. If I can help in any way, please let me know.

Hi Mate! I have the exactly same issue.
Sometimes stuck on 0% sometimes on 49%.

I’m using china sensors. How did u change the sensor to HUF?

Can you explain?

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0