F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > BMW 330d F31 2013 Mixing oil with Coolant Please HELP
Extreme Powerhouse

08-09-2020, 12:13 AM   #1
scorpionhunk
England
Rep
Drives: BMW 330D M Sports Touring 2013

BMW 330d F31 2013 Mixing oil with Coolant Please HELP

Hello everyone I am new to this site and in the past been looking at these forums for help .I bought an BMW 330d 2013 F31 a week ago while bringing the car back to home all was fine until next morning I wanted to check engine before cold start and than found thick greyish oil in my coolant bottle and one big fat radiator pipe was cracked a bit from top side where there are 3 connectors 1 goes in radiater 1 small pipe goes in coolant bottle and third is towards oil filter housing in engine , I called my mate who knows about cars and a family friend who used to be a mechanic , They advised me to clean the oil mess from coolant bottle and flush the whole system as best as I can and told me that it could be oil cooler itself or gaskets inside gone leaked. I went in BMW to get brand new oil cooler (heat exchange) and 2 gaskets which one goes between engine and oil cooler and the second one goes between another heat exchange which is on top same place after getting it fixed from my local mechanic. Now mechanic said the same thing regarding faulty oil cooler or gaskets but I didn't knew there are 2 heat exchanges near oil filter housing until BMW guy told me. When the car was ready he said the system needs to be flushed again after few days . When I was flushing the system again next morning I opened 2 pipes that connect with right side of heat exchange both were water inlet pipes and found out that oil is still coming through second small pipe on right. Can some body help me in this big problem now although i made a big speech about it but this is my first thread so kindly forgive me if I didn't put it right?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2020, 01:22 AM   #2
BashShah
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Sedan

Can you post picture or preferably a Video and point out where you see the oil.
Also,

You can go to Realoem.com
punch in the last 7 digits of your VIN, and see diagrams Radiator, and subsection Engine Oil Cooling.
like this for my car, but mine is not diesel.
https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=17_0676
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2020, 07:37 AM   #3
scorpionhunk
England
Rep

hi i have tried to show you in pics of the suspected culprit . now as i have mentioned in my other thread 1 of the coolant pipe was crack from near radiator and then i have replaced it with new one from BMW few of the mechanics have advised that it could be oil cooler in my case its 2 heat exchanges (oil coolers) fitted on my BMW 330d f31 touring m sports 2013 possibly N55 engine not sure though . few days ago i have replaced oil cooler item number 4, item number 5 and item num 8 in diagram through realoem and still if you see on my car pics i tried to show the 2 water inlets pipes in few pics 1 inlet is big size and water runs out from it and the right hand side small inlet i saw the oil coming through not much but small drops i think that inlet is water intake but one my my friend who used to be a mechanic said it could be the whole oil filter housing that is faulty with a hair line like crack and that's why its leaking oil which is than mixing in to waster and than going in to the coolant . now most of todays local mechanics are like cowboys only want to put new parts without being confirmed where is the actual fault . i am very confused and don't know what to do now as this car cost me in access of 8k already .
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2020, 07:56 AM   #4
scorpionhunk
England
Rep

hi
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-10-2020, 07:59 AM   #5
scorpionhunk
England
Rep

hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BashShah View Post
Can you post picture or preferably a Video and point out where you see the oil.
Also,

You can go to Realoem.com
punch in the last 7 digits of your VIN, and see diagrams Radiator, and subsection Engine Oil Cooling.
like this for my car, but mine is not diesel.
https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=17_0676
Attached Images

Appreciate 0