F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Reflex or Felgen Silver
ARMA SPEED

11-03-2019, 08:23 AM   #1
Ari-msport
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 420d Gran Coupe

Reflex or Felgen Silver

Hey all.

Recently had wheels refurbed. Car came originally with ferric grey 1 with diamond cut face but the clear coat started to lift.

Had them redone in ferric grey 2 but on glacier silver car I'm not keen on the overall look. The wheels look constantly dirty in my opinion.

Looking to go for a bright BMW silver wheel colour.

I've narrowed it down to A44 Reflex Silver or 144 Felgen silver.

Anyone seen these colours next to each other and which is brighter cleaner looking ?

I've bought sample touch up pots that I've just painted onto paper. Felgen silver looks brighter but the reflex touch up paint seems really thick and may not have been mixed well by the paint shop.

Any input?

Will appreciate any help or info.

Just attached some before and after pics of my current colours. And also sample paints
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-03-2019, 01:30 PM   #2
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari-msport View Post
Recently had wheels refurbed. Car came originally with ferric grey 1 with diamond cut face but the clear coat started to lift.
Off topic, but I've been hearing of more and more BMW clearcoat failures on wheels which I find disturbing.

Did you knick the wheels where the issue started?

Interested to see what you come up with.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2019, 02:54 PM   #3
Ari-msport
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 420d Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari-msport View Post
Off topic, but I've been hearing of more and more BMW clearcoat failures on wheels which I find disturbing.

Did you knick the wheels where the issue started?

Interested to see what you come up with.
I bought the car as it was and there was a lot of white patches of the clear coat lifting on the wheels. I'm not sure how the car was looked after by previous owner. (Washing and cleaning techniques)

There were some scuff marks from curbing but it had lifted in places without scuff marks too

Ive chosen to just paint over the complete wheels instead of diamond cut again as I've been told it won't last long enough. Even with good care a small chip will cause clear to lift.
Appreciate 0