F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > List with feature/packages you will not have on pre LCI
Studio RSR

06-17-2021, 02:57 PM   #1
sadjoe
Registered
Rep
Drives: F30

Question List with feature/packages you will not have on pre LCI

Hello everyone,

Could you please share what you cannot have on pre LCI even you get them from LCI
Example:
- LED lights
- CarPlay and AndroidAuto
- Packages

What you must have because introducing it later will be more expensive.

Thank you in advance.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 03:09 PM   #2
auburnf30x
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 330i xDrive

Garage List
The above, although they can be retrofitted. LED lights includes both front and rear. To my knowledge, no F30 can be outfitted with Android Auto unless you get an aftermarket unit.

On pre-LCI models, a lot of them with the full navigation system have 3G connectivity. Some can be retrofitted, but the others are losing remote services permanently. Additionally, it is relatively easy to upgrade the screen from 6.5" to 8.8" on LCI models, whereas on some pre-LCI models it is impossible without significant difficulty.

LCI models could be equipped with enhanced bluetooth and wi-fi services, to my knowledge this is not available pre-LCI.

Of course there have been changes to the engines and drivetrain components, this is way too generalized of a statement but to define it simply most consider the LCI to be more reliable than the pre-LCI. And of course there are also the various appearance changes.

As of 2017 MY I believe, the F30 stopped using the commonly available R134a AC refrigerant and started using the much more expensive, as well as difficult to find, and service, R1234yf.

Otherwise, packages and what they offer generally remained the same across the lifespan of the F30, exception of course being the tech package as various new things were introduced.

Last edited by auburnf30x; 06-17-2021 at 07:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2021, 02:56 PM   #3
heifetz17
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnf30x View Post
The above, although they can be retrofitted. LED lights includes both front and rear. To my knowledge, no F30 can be outfitted with Android Auto unless you get an aftermarket unit.

On pre-LCI models, a lot of them with the full navigation system have 3G connectivity. Some can be retrofitted, but the others are losing remote services permanently. Additionally, it is relatively easy to upgrade the screen from 6.5" to 8.8" on LCI models, whereas on some pre-LCI models it is impossible without significant difficulty.

LCI models could be equipped with enhanced bluetooth and wi-fi services, to my knowledge this is not available pre-LCI.

Of course there have been changes to the engines and drivetrain components, this is way too generalized of a statement but to define it simply most consider the LCI to be more reliable than the pre-LCI. And of course there are also the various appearance changes.

As of 2017 MY I believe, the F30 stopped using the commonly available R134a AC refrigerant and started using the much more expensive, as well as difficult to find, and service, R1234yf.

Otherwise, packages and what they offer generally remained the same across the lifespan of the F30, exception of course being the tech package as various new things were introduced.
My pre LCI was factory equipped with enhanced Bluetooth, which I've since deactivated as I've upgraded to the 8.8 inch screen and NBT HU.
      06-21-2021, 02:48 AM   #4
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW F36

Interesting thread.
I believe pretty much everything is retrofittable, but the cost and effort may be excessive...

LCI also has improved suspension, digital cluster (6WB) option, optional Adaptive LED headlights, updated Harman Kardon audio option.
A bit unsure about the 2-colour ambient lights, whether that was available before LCI?
      06-21-2021, 08:53 AM   #5
visionaut
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 435iX GC & 1976 2002

Since “LCI’ varied from 2016 for F30 (3 -series) all the way to 2018 for F36 (4 -series) there’s gonna be a LOT of overlaps, and mixed offerings across F3x. I think you’ll need to get more precise by chassis…
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2021, 11:11 AM   #6
Desertnate
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i

Garage List
2016 BMW 435i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhigh View Post
A bit unsure about the 2-colour ambient lights, whether that was available before LCI?
My 2016, pre-LCI F32 has two color choices for ambient light. Not sure it if was available across every pre-LCI year or maybe later ones like mine. I believe the F32 LCI was 2017.
      06-21-2021, 07:49 PM   #7
MHF30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhigh View Post
Interesting thread.
I believe pretty much everything is retrofittable, but the cost and effort may be excessive...

LCI also has improved suspension, digital cluster (6WB) option, optional Adaptive LED headlights, updated Harman Kardon audio option.
Yep it was. I have a 2013 F30 and can select between classic and sport. Side note, it's a shame the colour choice doesn't change the instrument panel as well.
Appreciate 1
jc62b32.00