F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > F31 Pre-LCI - Looking For Info on LCI Shadowline/Blackline/M Performance Taillights
GetBMWParts

03-25-2019, 08:49 AM   #1
2015F31
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Black 2015 328i Sport Wagon

Garage List
2015 BMW F31  [0.00]
F31 Pre-LCI - Looking For Info on LCI Shadowline/Blackline/M Performance Taillights

Done a lot of looking at threads and Google searches and contacting a seller on eBay and I'm still not clear on if I can get LCI Shadowline / Blackline / M Performance taillights wired and coded for my 2015 F31 pre-LCI.

I contacted the seller of these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/253936169677?ul_noapp=true to see if they'd work on an American F31 pre-LCI. Here's his response:

Quote:
Hello,
thanks for the VIN, this set is originally for ECE market, but it will fit to your USA market car (BMW 3' F31, 328iX Touring (USA), 2014 09). Originally there is a wiring harness for ECE models, but as there is no black line lights for USA cars, BMW do not offer the wiring. So you will need to come up with custom made wiring as most of the USA cars have different connectors (pins) than ECE models.
I would suggest to consult your BMW technician as our experience shows that it is possible (and cheaper).
Kind regards,
Agnes
Handler autoparts
I have a black car, and the USA red taillights are just too much. I tried a tint wrap on them, but it didn't hold up. I'd really like to go with something that blends in more.

I know that this is likely been asked before, but if someone would be willing to offer up the solution, I would be greatly appreciative.

VIN: WBA3G7C59FK297028
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 01:49 PM   #2
thatBimmerBloke
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2015F31 View Post
I have a black car, and the USA red taillights are just too much. I tried a tint wrap on them, but it didn't hold up. I'd really like to go with something that blends in more.
(On a different note) The guy who did the gloss black roof wrap on AW F32 also wrapped my tail-lights and reflectors (front+rear) with a medium ~30% tint, looks great, let's see how long it lasts for.

Last edited by thatBimmerBloke; 03-25-2019 at 01:49 PM.. Reason: Missed something, adding it
Appreciate 0