F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > NBT Navigation Loading error
GetBMWParts

02-05-2015, 04:30 AM   #1
koyto
O_O ///M
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 335 xDrive

Garage List
NBT Navigation Loading error

So i have a problem with NBT Navigation in my BMW F30. When i start my car Navigation starts loading and loading and loading... and never starts.

I went to the dealer. The have updated software and gave ma back car which was with ignition on and navi working. But when i turned it off and turned it on again problem came back again... So not it is still loading and loads 1 ot ouf 10 times afred 30min driving.

Dealer said that we need to wait for a new software that should be in Feb 15. And if that won't help they will consider changing NBT.

Anybody any thoughts what that can be??

P.S. The problem is that my guaranty ends 08/2015 and i am afraid that i can miss that moment when they agree to change NBT.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2015, 06:43 AM   #2
smithf80
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 G20 330i  [9.00]
2018 F80 M3  [9.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by koyto View Post
So i have a problem with NBT Navigation in my BMW F30. When i start my car Navigation starts loading and loading and loading... and never starts.

I went to the dealer. The have updated software and gave ma back car which was with ignition on and navi working. But when i turned it off and turned it on again problem came back again... So not it is still loading and loads 1 ot ouf 10 times afred 30min driving.

Dealer said that we need to wait for a new software that should be in Feb 15. And if that won't help they will consider changing NBT.

Anybody any thoughts what that can be??

P.S. The problem is that my guaranty ends 08/2015 and i am afraid that i can miss that moment when they agree to change NBT.
Keep arguing , your NBT headunit needs to be re-flashed.
      02-05-2015, 06:49 AM   #3
koyto
O_O ///M
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithf32 View Post
Keep arguing , your NBT headunit needs to be re-flashed.
Re-flashed? What do you mean?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2015, 06:50 AM   #4
smithf80
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2022 G20 330i  [9.00]
2018 F80 M3  [9.75]
Quote:
Re-flashed? What do you mean?
I'm sorry, I meant to say replaced. It needs to be replaced.
      02-05-2015, 07:30 AM   #5
koyto
O_O ///M
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I'm sorry, I meant to say replaced. It needs to be replaced.
To me it also seems so... Because before they updated, music on the hard drive was behaving in a very strange way, it was loading very slowly (5-10min) and i then if i wanted to delete it from hard drive i could not..

And i forgot to mention that Multimedia (iDrive/NBT) itself was restarting every 10 min...

So now it does not restart (though it did couple of times) but music is still taking 5-10 min to start playing from hard drive and yes Navigation still does not work..

Main question is how do i make them change NBT? Is there a way?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2015, 08:19 AM   #6
smithf80
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2022 G20 330i  [9.00]
2018 F80 M3  [9.75]
Quote:
To me it also seems so... Because before they updated, music on the hard drive was behaving in a very strange way, it was loading very slowly (5-10min) and i then if i wanted to delete it from hard drive i could not..

And i forgot to mention that Multimedia (iDrive/NBT) itself was restarting every 10 min...

So now it does not restart (though it did couple of times) but music is still taking 5-10 min to start playing from hard drive and yes Navigation still does not work..

Main question is how do i make them change NBT? Is there a way?
Just go in, tell them that you are not dumb and a software update will not fix this, they already tried that and it did not work. EVEN IF BMW somehow knew about this issue and fixed it an update (which they didn't, because you don't see people complaining about this daily), it would be unacceptable for your navi to not be working for weeks, therefore you need a replacement headunit.

To say that there is an update that will this insinuates that there is a bug that BMW fixed, there is simply no way that is true, we would be hearing a lot more about this if there was a real bug.
      02-05-2015, 08:27 AM   #7
koyto
O_O ///M
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Just go in, tell them that you are not dumb and a software update will not fix this, they already tried that and it did not work. EVEN IF BMW somehow knew about this issue and fixed it an update (which they didn't, because you don't see people complaining about this daily), it would be unacceptable for your navi to not be working for weeks, therefore you need a replacement headunit.

To say that there is an update that will this insinuates that there is a bug that BMW fixed, there is simply no way that is true, we would be hearing a lot more about this if there was a real bug.
Will try one more time. I am not a scandal type of person, but seems like i will have to Thank you anyway !
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2015, 08:38 AM   #8
smithf80
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2022 G20 330i  [9.00]
2018 F80 M3  [9.75]
Quote:
Will try one more time. I am not a scandal type of person, but seems like i will have to Thank you anyway !
No problem, I mean, be nice about it at first. Sometimes if you are straight forward and nice with the advisor they will do the same back. I always tip my advisor and the tech.

I don't know what its like in Russia, maybe all the SA's are just dicks?
      02-05-2015, 08:47 AM   #9
koyto
O_O ///M
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
No problem, I mean, be nice about it at first. Sometimes if you are straight forward and nice with the advisor they will do the same back. I always tip my advisor and the tech.

I don't know what its like in Russia, maybe all the SA's are just dicks?
Nope, i do not think they are all dicks But the one i was talking to seem to be lazy working by the instruction. Like: "we have done that and that according to manual, there is nothing more we can do "

There is another story with the Comfort Access (S322A) Boot opening - it does not work after 4 visits to that dealer. But that is offtopic...
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2016, 03:27 PM   #10
OctavF34
Registered
Rep
Drives: F34 320d xDrive

Hey,
What was the outcome of the situation? I got the same issue after a 2016 update.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2016, 03:14 AM   #11
koyto
O_O ///M
Rep

Garage List
I had to go to BMW dealer and prove them that it really reboots... And they replaced it. Though i had to wait for a while.
Appreciate 0