F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Navigation Arrow Still Active In HUD After Destination Reached
Studio RSR

03-11-2017, 01:46 PM   #1
jimbmw328
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i xDrive M Sport

Thumbs down Navigation Arrow Still Active In HUD After Destination Reached

Good Afternoon All... New to the forum.

Recently my 2013 F30 328i xDrive M Sport was in for service for front brakes. It turns out that the dealership needed to reflash the car to reset the brake life due to a false indication. Because of this, I lost all of the custom coding that the car had when I purchased it CPO (windows and sunroof close/mirrors fold when locking with fob or comfort access, M Performance dash splash screen, Tire Temp / Pressure indication, Disclaimer delete, Cornering light delete, etc... I was able to recode these back in with E-Sys 3.27.1 / E-Sys Launcher Premium 2.5.3 Build 108, and Psdzdata v 3.59.5. I'm experiencing one issue however, if using navigation... once the destination is reached, the arrow and distance data is still present in HUD. iDrive and Voice Activation show that navigation is not active. I've read other threads where this appears to have been an issue before; however, I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to code it out. Prior to my car being flashed from the dealership, once a destination was reached, I would no longer see any arrow guidance. Even if I enter a new destination and stop guidance quickly there after, the new destinations arrow guidance will appear in HUD until the car has been shut off and locked (~5 min). Any guidance would be appreciated as this can quickly becoming annoying in the event that I need to travel to a destination but do not shut the car off prior to traveling to the next destination.

I know that I can shut off the display of Navigation for the HUD; however, if I do that, the arrow will be present in the info display within the dashboard and can only be hidden by cycling through BC.

Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2017, 01:54 PM   #2
BMW11
Captain
Rep
Drives: M340

i'd like to know answer too, as this is also happening to me on a 2017 with the newest revision (assume newest)...
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2017, 01:58 PM   #3
jimbmw328
Rep

Hey BMW11, have you coded your vehicle? I'm wondering if it is just related to using an older version of psdzdata and can be rectified with a newer version. I looked for timeout options HU_CIV and FEM_BODY, but could not find anything I'd feel comfortable about coding.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2017, 01:59 PM   #4
STR8-6IX
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: RWD 528i N52

yea.. they all seem to do this and i dont know why. it seems to go away after you restart the car. I think its to show you the direction of your destination rather then being a glitch. annoying for us OCD ridden owners.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2017, 02:01 PM   #5
jimbmw328
Rep

Hey STR8-6IX. Yeah I've read other forums and this appears to be the case that it is a "feature". The issue I have is that prior to the dealership refreshing the car, mine did not do this. I bought it CPO and whoever owned it prior when it was leased obviously coded it. I'm hoping someone would like how to code a timeout value or something. If not, I can live with it.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2017, 03:36 PM   #6
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Topic current in the UK forum as well.

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...7#post21401047
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2017, 03:41 PM   #7
tgmsocal
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i 6MT

Happens occasionally, seemingly randomly. My "fix" is that I've set my "1" button on the radio to "Stop Navigation" .. Pressing it also restarts nav after stopped. So, if the arrow stays up, I just push 1, wait a sec, and push it again. Plus its nice to have it as a shortcut anyways.

Also, it seems that if I stop nav just before reaching destination, this doesn't happen.

A minor nuisance, and a side effect of the uber amounts of tech that are added to all new cars these days.

HTH,

tgm
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2017, 04:17 PM   #8
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

same issue for my my16 535 that had it's iStep level updated in December. no coding on my car. seems to be a bug. maybe fixed with March update? dealers should be getting March update anytime now.
      03-11-2017, 09:00 PM   #9
BMW11
Captain
Rep
Drives: M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbmw328 View Post
Hey BMW11, have you coded your vehicle? I'm wondering if it is just related to using an older version of psdzdata and can be rectified with a newer version. I looked for timeout options HU_CIV and FEM_BODY, but could not find anything I'd feel comfortable about coding.
no, mine is not coded its stock for now. It may be weird but it could be that the arrow stays on so that when you get to your location the arrow is Pointing to where you have to walk? maybe thats why who knows the reason. I am still trying to figure out why my Apple Play cuts off if I do anything besides music and then try to go back to the music i have to turn off and restart my iPhone and/or turn blue tooth off and on and/or unpair/repair the iPhone and careand/or turn car off lock and reopen and start to get it to connect again.. really frustrating
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2017, 06:42 PM   #10
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
I believe this happens to me when I don't technically reach the exact destination. For example this never happens when I go to work because I drive "through" the destination coordinates. This does happen if I go home from one direction because the driveway entrance is before the exact destination. I agree the car is behaving as though I've reached the destination, but I also see an arrow showing the direction of the previous destination.

My fix:

Navigate to a distant location. For me this is a press of preset 7 (navigate to work) or 8 (navigate to home).

One the route is loaded I press the voice control on the steering wheel and say "cancel guidance."

This clears the navigation destination arrow in the HUD/cluster.
      03-14-2017, 08:28 AM   #11
jimbmw328
Rep

Good Morning All,

Thanks for responding to the post. Yeah, it looks like this is just a "feature" that the BMW nav has that perhaps I wasn't experiencing since mine may not have been up to date. I've verified that the suggestion some of you made to use one of the hot keys to start/stop a new destination will at least rectify the issue in getting the arrow to clear. I guess it is not a big deal being that most of the time when I use the nav I'd be stopping for some time once guidance ends anyway.

Hope everyone has a great week! Apologies for the late response.
Appreciate 0