F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Is 2014 Business Nav CIC or NBT?
Extreme Powerhouse

02-18-2014, 06:31 PM   #23
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattjkilo
Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston
Well i've finally found the answer to my original question, although the table is pre F30, it shows that bus nav is now CHAMP2 (Central Headunit And Multimedia Platform) so it's newer than CIC but less advanced than NBT.
Teaston,

I too have ordered the car with Business Nav and have been informed to get iPhone connectivity (with the music atleast) all that is needed is the standard iPhone cable, can you comment if this actually is the case as I've been reading elsewhere that I will have to purchase the Y Cable for it instead....hopefully not misinformed by the dealer! :-S
Currently you need pro media or EBT to use standard apple cable.

After the changes in week 10, who knows! But i'm guessing the standard cable will work on all systems built after then.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2017, 08:01 AM   #24
aus2610
England
Rep
Drives: BMW 118d Sport

Thoroughly confusing

Hi,
TBH, having spent a lot of time searching for definitive information on which system my F20 LCI 2016 has, I am still thoroughly confused.

It's Business Nav, has standard Bluetooth, does stream over bluetooth, does work with Apple and a Y cable, has the 6.5 screen,a CD slot, does not play DVDs, or video files from USB. It shows album art, has a DAB tuner.

It looks like NBT (options are a complete filled red line) yet the option is SA606 which suggests not NBT?

There must be some table that links all of the little bits and pieces of data together to equate to a version number that definitively tells me what I actually have.

I suspect the Mr. BMW has it in the safe though
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2017, 08:10 AM   #25
vorph
Banned
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus2610 View Post
Hi,
TBH, having spent a lot of time searching for definitive information on which system my F20 LCI 2016 has, I am still thoroughly confused.

It's Business Nav, has standard Bluetooth, does stream over bluetooth, does work with Apple and a Y cable, has the 6.5 screen,a CD slot, does not play DVDs, or video files from USB. It shows album art, has a DAB tuner.

It looks like NBT (options are a complete filled red line) yet the option is SA606 which suggests not NBT?

There must be some table that links all of the little bits and pieces of data together to equate to a version number that definitively tells me what I actually have.

hu_entrynav
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2017, 08:35 AM   #26
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorph View Post
Quote:
Hi,

hu_entrynav
What he said^
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2017, 09:11 AM   #27
aus2610
England
Rep
Drives: BMW 118d Sport

Like I said HU_entrynav, where everyone else talks Business or Professional, CCC, CICC, NBT, NBT_EVO. There seems to be no mapping table between all of these.

It says H_Entrynav in the version details on the device. But it doesnt say CCC, CIC, NBT or NBT_EVO

Sorry does sound like a bit of a rant, and I am the last person to rant as I work in IT, the home of the spurious TLA.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2017, 09:25 AM   #28
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Like I said HU_entrynav, where everyone else talks Business or Professional, CCC, CICC, NBT, NBT_EVO. There seems to be no mapping table between all of these.

It says H_Entrynav in the version details on the device. But it doesnt say CCC, CIC, NBT or NBT_EVO

Sorry does sound like a bit of a rant, and I am the last person to rant as I work in IT, the home of the spurious TLA.
Yours is none of those because they are professional media versions.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2017, 01:22 PM   #29
AlfaM
Captain
Rep
Drives: M340d

Holy thread resurrection, Batman!
Appreciate 0