F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > M performance brake coding
GetBMWParts

07-20-2018, 04:13 PM   #1
DSH7
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

M performance brake coding

Just installed M performance brake kit and I'm following the steps bellow to code. However nothing happens when I hit "FA-editor", it just stays blank....no HO-Wort, or anything for that matter. I'm sure it's a rookie move, but what am I missing?

=> Connect
=> Expert Mode
=> Coding
=> Read FA
=> Save FA
=> Editiors and viewers
=> FA-editor
=> Go to HO-Wort and right click on "Edit," then type "SPBR" under the HO-Wort file
=> Select the FA, right click "Enable FA" and "Calculate FA" to verify that no errors are found after adding the SPBR.
=> Check the vehicle profile to locate the "" aftermarket retrofit "and check" SPBR_18_ZOLL_SPORTBRAKE "has been added to the file
=> Write (write) FA to your car. No confirmation window will appear after saving the FA to the car
=> Expert Mode
=> Coding
=> Read (read) the FA. You are able to see SPBR be added to the HO-Wort folder on your car.
=> Read SVT, and locate the "DSC" (File Folder SVT / ECU / DSC), then right-click the "DSC" folder and select "Code". Consolidation should start immediately.
=> Allow the coding is over, and repeat step 1 to save a copy of the new FA.
=> Disconnect the car's computer. The M-Performance brake is now activated and enjoy the authentic experience of M Performance brake.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2018, 05:45 PM   #2
Ibo24
New BMW owner
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW 316d, BMW F40 116d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSH7 View Post
Just installed M performance brake kit and I'm following the steps bellow to code. However nothing happens when I hit "FA-editor", it just stays blank....no HO-Wort, or anything for that matter. I'm sure it's a rookie move, but what am I missing?

=> Connect
=> Expert Mode
=> Coding
=> Read FA
=> Save FA
=> Editiors and viewers
=> FA-editor
=> Go to HO-Wort and right click on "Edit," then type "SPBR" under the HO-Wort file
=> Select the FA, right click "Enable FA" and "Calculate FA" to verify that no errors are found after adding the SPBR.
=> Check the vehicle profile to locate the "" aftermarket retrofit "and check" SPBR_18_ZOLL_SPORTBRAKE "has been added to the file
=> Write (write) FA to your car. No confirmation window will appear after saving the FA to the car
=> Expert Mode
=> Coding
=> Read (read) the FA. You are able to see SPBR be added to the HO-Wort folder on your car.
=> Read SVT, and locate the "DSC" (File Folder SVT / ECU / DSC), then right-click the "DSC" folder and select "Code". Consolidation should start immediately.
=> Allow the coding is over, and repeat step 1 to save a copy of the new FA.
=> Disconnect the car's computer. The M-Performance brake is now activated and enjoy the authentic experience of M Performance brake.
After you save your FA, press the EDIT button on the right side next to SAVE.
Appreciate 1
DSH734.00
      07-20-2018, 07:02 PM   #3
DSH7
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Thanks for that, figured the rest out. For anyone interested, coding helped the spongy brake feeling, but only a little. I think I need the full ISTA bleed procedure...

Last edited by DSH7; 07-20-2018 at 10:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2018, 03:45 AM   #4
r0b3r
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw F

hello friends, I have a bmw f22 I have installed m sport brakes 340mm front and 345mm back, I added sbpr wort and code to dsc, I need to modify the line for 340mm instead of 370mm but I can not find anything in my car that does not work out I must do?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2018, 03:39 PM   #5
Ibo24
New BMW owner
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW 316d, BMW F40 116d

Garage List
Have you use "code" when clicked on the DSC ECU? It should do it for you after adding SBPR to wort.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2018, 11:24 PM   #6
r0b3r
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibo24 View Post
Have you use "code" when clicked on the DSC ECU? It should do it for you after adding SBPR to wort.
Yes, add swort spbr and code dsc.

Same problem here :

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1146159&page=2

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1146622&page=2
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 07:37 AM   #7
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0b3r View Post
hello friends, I have a bmw f22 I have installed m sport brakes 340mm front and 345mm back, I added sbpr wort and code to dsc, I need to modify the line for 340mm instead of 370mm but I can not find anything in my car that does not work out I must do?
If you have pushed the code button, the program automatically codes by your VO.
Accordingly the program knows that your car has only installed a 340mm disc and automatically sets the values correct.
So there's no need to change the value.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 08:13 AM   #8
r0b3r
Private First Class
Rep

Before other users I see that they can modify but I do not, how do you know that my car has 340mm and not 370mm? without selecting, because before it could be modified and now not?
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 11:00 AM   #9
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep

The program will automatically assume if you code the SPBR that you have the 340mm disc on it.

But I just looked at my old ncd / cafd files.
With my old 320d with software from 2014 i could still select the values (for example 24/312, 30/340 or 30/370).
After a software update at the end of 2015 i can no longer select these values.
Even with my current 335d LCI there is only "initwert".

With the old software the 30/340 corresponded to the Werte=04.
Maybe it's enough to set the Werte to "04" now for your car.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 11:17 AM   #10
r0b3r
Private First Class
Rep

It makes sense that you say, but I think SBPR will then be designed for 370mm and not for 340mm although I do not think that is much difference ...

thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 11:31 AM   #11
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep

The SPBR is available in many model series.
And the program automatically knows that the F22 has the 340mm disc on it.
So this value is also automatically set for the 340mm disc.

Edit:
At the last posting i already wanted to attach this picture
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 12:25 PM   #12
r0b3r
Private First Class
Rep

But if you code SBPR is M PERFORMANCE BRAKE (370mm front and 345mm back) I have M sport brakes 340mm front and 345mm back, maybe rotor dimensions is not necessary because it has no improvement or impact anything .... so you say I have everything correctly coded ... I do not know if there is any way to gain more braking coding any improvement more .... Thanks friend!
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2021, 11:27 PM   #13
freespirit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f30 2016 BMW 328i

Hello Guys,

Any help would be much appreciated.

My car is a 2016 328i with grey brembo four piston at front and normal single piston break at the rear.

Installed M Performance brakes today and coded DSC by adding SPBR but the brakes still feel too spongy. Its taking more than 50% of the pedal travel to stop the car and feels worst than my stock. Also it feels like all four brake calipers are holding up the wheel even after I let go of the brake pedal.

Couple of observation ...
1. After I have added SPBR, under aftermarket retrofit I see SPBR_19_ZOLL_SPORTBRAKE instead of 18
2. Under DSC module FDL is there only for front again set to initwerte 0 and rear is not present.

Any help please. Thanks.

Retrofits: NBT evo ID6, 6wb cluster, heated steering wheel, HUD, Kafas2 with LDW, SLI, HBA, FCW and pedestrian warning, LCW, Surround View, Parking Assist and ACC with Stop
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2021, 11:32 AM   #14
matakeranjang
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
Hello Guys,

My car is a 2016 328i with grey brembo four piston at front and normal single piston break at the rear.

Installed M Performance brakes today and coded DSC by adding SPBR but the brakes still feel too spongy. Its taking more than 50% of the pedal travel to stop the car and feels worst than my stock. Also it feels like all four brake calipers are holding up the wheel even after I let go of the brake pedal.

1. After I have added SPBR, under aftermarket retrofit I see SPBR_19_ZOLL_SPORTBRAKE instead of 18
2. Under DSC module FDL is there only for front again set to initwerte 0 and rear is not present.

Any help please. Thanks.
Hi Freespirit, did you managed to solve the issue? I am having the same problem too
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2021, 11:51 AM   #15
freespirit
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by matakeranjang View Post
Quote:
Hello Guys,

Any help please. Thanks.
Hi Freespirit, did you managed to solve the issue? I am having the same problem too
Using latest psdzdata fixed sprb to 18inch. But there is no way to manually set rotor size. I believe that's how it is.

Repeated brake bleed has helped to some extent. It's 90% better than where it started. But still not as good as my stock brakes. Stopping power is still poor but I suspect on the OEM brake pads, it makes my silver wheels into black with brake dust. Planning to change brake pads, will update if that makes any difference in initial stopping power.

Retrofits: NBT evo ID6, 6wb cluster, heated steering wheel, HUD, Kafas2 with LDW, SLI, HBA, FCW and pedestrian warning, LCW, Surround View, Parking Assist and ACC with Stop
Appreciate 1
      09-05-2021, 07:27 PM   #16
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hello Guys,

Any help please. Thanks.
Using latest psdzdata fixed sprb to 18inch. But there is no way to manually set rotor size. I believe that's how it is.

Repeated brake bleed has helped to some extent. It's 90% better than where it started. But still not as good as my stock brakes. Stopping power is still poor but I suspect on the OEM brake pads, it makes my silver wheels into black with brake dust. Planning to change brake pads, will update if that makes any difference in initial stopping power.
I would bet that you still have air in the system. Tiny air bubbles cling inside the ABS and bleeding alone won't remove. Gotta use an analyzer to make the system knock and shake the bubbles loose. Any Indy bmw mechanic knows the procedure. Follow ISTA 34 00 050
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2021, 07:33 PM   #17
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hello Guys,

Any help please. Thanks.

I would bet that you still have air in the system. Tiny air bubbles cling inside the ABS and bleeding alone won't remove. Gotta use an analyzer to make the system knock and shake the bubbles loose. Any Indy bmw mechanic knows the procedure. Follow ISTA 34 00 050
Attached is where the procedure is discussed
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      09-06-2021, 09:04 AM   #18
freespirit
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hello Guys,

Any help please. Thanks.

The above mentioned improvements are after repeated bleeding and ABS bleeding by local indy shop.

I should not blame the brake system though because I have also replaced my ABS module and retrofitted ACC. As per ACC, the front brake lines (from ABS unit to wheels) has different part numbers than DCC. I have skipped this step and now guessing it might be messing with brake pressure.

Either ways plan is to change front brake lines, brake pads and brake fluid with ABS bleed one last time

Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 12:31 AM   #19
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hello Guys,

Any help please. Thanks.

The above mentioned improvements are after repeated bleeding and ABS bleeding by local indy shop.

I should not blame the brake system though because I have also replaced my ABS module and retrofitted ACC. As per ACC, the front brake lines (from ABS unit to wheels) has different part numbers than DCC. I have skipped this step and now guessing it might be messing with brake pressure.

Either ways plan is to change front brake lines, brake pads and brake fluid with ABS bleed one last time
Holy crap! That's just a small detail to leave out. 😀
Appreciate 0