F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > about 5 months left on my lease.. what...
Extreme Powerhouse

04-28-2019, 12:31 AM   #1
NitroLX
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F30

about 5 months left on my lease.. what...

What to do!!

i currently am leasing a 328i x drive (bottom of the barrel with like no features but i got it for cheap.) but i loved bmwed and always wanted to get into one. Now i learned how shitty it is without features (ha). im almost done with my lease thank god and have no idea what to do

do i want to stick to bmw?? the car drives great but hate the fact that there is not much on it....

if i stick to bmw ill get some bells and whistles..

sooo in the end what are your thoughts:

Stick to BMW get a x3

or go to the Alfa Stelvio.

any thoughts? should i even be looking yet with 5 months left???
      04-28-2019, 12:42 AM   #2
328dX
David
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328dX wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroLX View Post
What to do!!

i currently am leasing a 328i x drive (bottom of the barrel with like no features but i got it for cheap.) but i loved bmwed and always wanted to get into one. Now i learned how shitty it is without features (ha). im almost done with my lease thank god and have no idea what to do

do i want to stick to bmw?? the car drives great but hate the fact that there is not much on it....

if i stick to bmw ill get some bells and whistles..

sooo in the end what are your thoughts:

Stick to BMW get a x3

or go to the Alfa Stelvio.

any thoughts? should i even be looking yet with 5 months left???
I've got Alfa Giulia, got about 12k miles on it, purchased in October of last year, so far it's been good,
one issue is the camera went out once after a car wash(the quality of the back up camera is also horrid, looks like 1 megapixel),
also the paint has serious issues, the clear is flaking off in several spots. Seems like a cheap clear coat, but paint quality and panel fitment is great.
Also customer service is poor, aftermarket is non existent, parts are extremely hard to get and overpriced, dealership is poor as it's usually added onto a Fiat branded dealership.
The people on the forums are idiots and clueless ricers
There's no DIYs or really anything if you need to repair anything as it's fairly new

To give you an Idea, the dealership I purchased mine from (the one with the highest sales in CA), closed 1 month after purchase, they axed the brand

But the most notable features of the car are that it's really fast, and handles incredibly, literally feels like you're on rails.

Overall, i'd stay far away, it looks like they'll be pulling out in the near future along with Fiat, the brand has no support and it's not worth the headache.

I'd stick to BMW, possibly get a used one with lots of features so you don't pay into depreciation as much if you can afford financing.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2019, 07:22 AM   #3
Mr Podman
Banned
Rep
Drives: 3 Series GT Stage 0.5

Alfa?
You've got to be kidding.

podman
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2019, 07:26 AM   #4
deviantspeed
moew
Rep
Drives: 2017 F31 330 and a WP0AA

I'd get the X3 over the Steve-O

Turning in your lease early is what a lot of people do. Best of luck!
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2019, 08:56 AM   #5
chowser51
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F33 430ix B46 BM3s193

Garage List
Get the X3 and get some options
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2019, 10:03 AM   #6
NitroLX
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328dX View Post
I've got Alfa Giulia, got about 12k miles on it, purchased in October of last year, so far it's been good,
one issue is the camera went out once after a car wash(the quality of the back up camera is also horrid, looks like 1 megapixel),
also the paint has serious issues, the clear is flaking off in several spots. Seems like a cheap clear coat, but paint quality and panel fitment is great.
Also customer service is poor, aftermarket is non existent, parts are extremely hard to get and overpriced, dealership is poor as it's usually added onto a Fiat branded dealership.
The people on the forums are idiots and clueless ricers
There's no DIYs or really anything if you need to repair anything as it's fairly new

To give you an Idea, the dealership I purchased mine from (the one with the highest sales in CA), closed 1 month after purchase, they axed the brand

But the most notable features of the car are that it's really fast, and handles incredibly, literally feels like you're on rails.

Overall, i'd stay far away, it looks like they'll be pulling out in the near future along with Fiat, the brand has no support and it's not worth the headache.

I'd stick to BMW, possibly get a used one with lots of features so you don't pay into depreciation as much if you can afford financing.

Well this is the answer i was kind of looking for.
The one i was looking at is actually a alfa dealership with fiat attached to them (apparently they do good as alfa)

well ill be going to bmw in a dew days to see what kind of offers they have for me. i really want to get into the x5 but with the bells and whilstles i want its too much for me sadly.

x3 decent features wonder what everyone else paid.. guess ill hop on to the x3 side now.

thanks all.