F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > [TUTORIAL]Retrofit rear lights BMW F30/F31/F80 LCI
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-07-2019, 03:05 AM   #133
david51
Lieutenant
david51's Avatar
France
314
Rep
592
Posts

Drives: bmw M3 F80
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: france

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
use the original connectors bmw or other model to connect the red wire and the green wire

to dismount the plug it is necessary to spread the small lamella at the same time and to leave the connector
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 10:59 AM   #134
623baller
Private
3
Rep
51
Posts

Drives: 2015 F80
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by david51 View Post
use the original connectors bmw or other model to connect the red wire and the green wire

to dismount the plug it is necessary to spread the small lamella at the same time and to leave the connector


got it! didnt know both side had to be spread to release it haha i was only spreading 1 side

will give this a go this weekend and report back, thanks again David!
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 12:53 PM   #135
david51
Lieutenant
david51's Avatar
France
314
Rep
592
Posts

Drives: bmw M3 F80
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: france

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 623baller View Post
got it! didnt know both side had to be spread to release it haha i was only spreading 1 side

will give this a go this weekend and report back, thanks again David!

Appreciate 0
      11-09-2019, 05:13 PM   #136
623baller
Private
3
Rep
51
Posts

Drives: 2015 F80
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by david51 View Post
i tapped the right side , inner light came up now! will finish up on left side. i did not actually take the retro wire (red) out of pin 22 on 14b. i cut the wire taped it up and then scotchlok tap to 14b pin 12 blk/gray wire


i actually closed my trunk with battery disconnected by mistake, had to jump the car to reopen the trunk lol.... leaving this out here for other people try to do this to not close your trunk when your battery is disconnected. that was a good scare.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 10:53 PM   #137
david51
Lieutenant
david51's Avatar
France
314
Rep
592
Posts

Drives: bmw M3 F80
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: france

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 623baller View Post
i tapped the right side , inner light came up now! will finish up on left side. i did not actually take the retro wire (red) out of pin 22 on 14b. i cut the wire taped it up and then scotchlok tap to 14b pin 12 blk/gray wire


i actually closed my trunk with battery disconnected by mistake, had to jump the car to reopen the trunk lol.... leaving this out here for other people try to do this to not close your trunk when your battery is disconnected. that was a good scare.
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:29 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST