F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Wheel setup
proTUNING Freaks
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-15-2019, 10:19 PM   #1
RollinUpF30
Instagram-Rollin Up Detailing
United_States
5
Rep
10
Posts

Drives: 2015 328i
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Jackson, NJ

iTrader: (0)

Wheel setup

Just picked up some 18” staggered wheels for my 15 328i. Fronts are 18” 8.5 and rear are 18” 9.5. They are 54 et. What size tires can I run without issues having xdrive?
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2019, 10:40 PM   #2
Gen13 F36
Lieutenant Colonel
Gen13 F36's Avatar
United_States
649
Rep
1,846
Posts

Drives: 428i Gran Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollinUpF30 View Post
Just picked up some 18” staggered wheels for my 15 328i. Fronts are 18” 8.5 and rear are 18” 9.5. They are 54 et. What size tires can I run without issues having xdrive?
First of all ET 54 will not work... you need to run a minimum of 20 mm spacer up front and 15 mm spacer on the rear. Depends how aggressive you want it.

Stock staggered tire size 225/45 and 255/40 will do fine

Appreciate 0
      11-16-2019, 08:11 AM   #3
RollinUpF30
Instagram-Rollin Up Detailing
United_States
5
Rep
10
Posts

Drives: 2015 328i
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Jackson, NJ

iTrader: (0)

Thanks. So the only way I can run these wheels is by using spacers?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2019, 10:28 AM   #4
chowser51
Major
chowser51's Avatar
United_States
524
Rep
1,101
Posts

Drives: ‘18 F33 430ix B46 BM3s193
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Buy the spacers. You can try to mount a wheel but you’ll quickly find it won’t work. The et54 offset will not work without spacers. Our offset is 30 something.

Appreciate 0
      11-16-2019, 10:41 AM   #5
RollinUpF30
Instagram-Rollin Up Detailing
United_States
5
Rep
10
Posts

Drives: 2015 328i
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Jackson, NJ

iTrader: (0)

Thanks guys. Hopefully it won’t look bad!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2019, 11:26 AM   #6
RollinUpF30
Instagram-Rollin Up Detailing
United_States
5
Rep
10
Posts

Drives: 2015 328i
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Jackson, NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen13 F36 View Post
First of all ET 54 will not work... you need to run a minimum of 20 mm spacer up front and 15 mm spacer on the rear. Depends how aggressive you want it.

Stock staggered tire size 225/45 and 255/40 will do fine

Nevermind. I was told they are a 54 offset! I just checked the offset myself and they are showing they are 32!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2019, 11:27 AM   #7
RollinUpF30
Instagram-Rollin Up Detailing
United_States
5
Rep
10
Posts

Drives: 2015 328i
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Jackson, NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowser51 View Post
Buy the spacers. You can try to mount a wheel but you’ll quickly find it won’t work. The et54 offset will not work without spacers. Our offset is 30 something.

I just checked the offset myself which i should have just done in the first place! They are 32 not 54!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2019, 01:06 PM   #8
Gen13 F36
Lieutenant Colonel
Gen13 F36's Avatar
United_States
649
Rep
1,846
Posts

Drives: 428i Gran Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (1)

Just to add

Front offset is from +20 to +35 (34 is stock)
Lower means poking out ( need car lower to run some camber)

Rear offset is +30 to +47 (47 is stock)
Lower means poking out ( need car lower to run camber)
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 12:26 PM   #9
imaple
Registered
0
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: BMW F30 320d M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Hi there.

New here.

I am just wanting to get some advice on a wheel setup.

I am looking to buy front 19x8.5 et35 & rear 19x9.5 et40. The car is low and want to know if this is going to be a problem
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 01:13 PM   #10
Gen13 F36
Lieutenant Colonel
Gen13 F36's Avatar
United_States
649
Rep
1,846
Posts

Drives: 428i Gran Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaple View Post
Hi there.

New here.

I am just wanting to get some advice on a wheel setup.

I am looking to buy front 19x8.5 et35 & rear 19x9.5 et40. The car is low and want to know if this is going to be a problem
Wheels will fit as long as you use proper width and diameter tires.

As for I seen people fit front 245 and 275 rear.( keep in mind total diameter, so correct sidewall especially your car is lowered.) I think 35 /30 on back... but someone might have another opinion
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 02:07 PM   #11
KDW4him
New Member
KDW4him's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
18
Posts

Drives: F30 335i xDrive
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Alma, MI

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen13 F36 View Post
Just to add

Front offset is from +20 to +35 (34 is stock)
Lower means poking out ( need car lower to run some camber)

Rear offset is +30 to +47 (47 is stock)
Lower means poking out ( need car lower to run camber)
I thought the "standard" wheels were all 4 the same offset?
__________________
2013 335i xDrive Melbourne Red
my first BMW

BMW, you might find better but you can?t pay more

Last edited by KDW4him; 11-22-2019 at 05:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST